Gama Pehalwan’s Wife Wazir Begum Bio, Nationality, Husband, Children
Facts of Wazir Begum
|Full Name:||Wazir Begum|
|View more / View less Facts of Wazir Begum|
- 1 What was Wazir Begum’s Nationality?
- 2 Who was Wazir Begun’s Husband?
- 3 Who are the Children of Wazir Begum?
- 4 What is the Net worth of Wazir Begum’s husband?
- 5 What is The Great Gama’s Height?
- 6 Who lifted 1200 kg stone?
- 7 How did Gama Pehalwan died?
- 8 Was Bruce Lee fan of Gama Pehalwan?
- 9 Did Google celebrate The Great Gama’s birthday?
- 10 Professional Career of Gama Pehalwan
Late Wazir Begum grabbed the media spotlight as the wife of the Indian Wrestler the late Great Gama.
What was Wazir Begum’s Nationality?
Wazir Begum opened her eyes to this world somewhere in India. By nationality, Wazir used to hold Indian citizenship and was of mixed ethnic background. Likewise, she used to have belief and faith in the Islam religion.
Who was Wazir Begun’s Husband?
Wazir Begum was a happily married woman. She exchanged her marriage vows to her boyfriend The Great Gama aka Ghulam Mohammad Baksh Butt. By profession, her late husband was an Indian wrestler.
After being in a relationship a couple of times they tied their marriage vows. Both of them were very happy with their marriage. But their marriage did not long last forever. In the year 1960, her husband Gama left this beautiful world. Then she spent her life with children.
Who are the Children of Wazir Begum?
Wazir and Gama became the parents of nine children (five sons and four daughters). At a very young age, all the sons died. Jalaluddin is the name of their youngest son who was born in the year 1945. He died at the age of thirteen.
What is the Net worth of Wazir Begum’s husband?
Wazir’s husband The Great Gama had an estimated net worth of between $1 million to $5 million at the time of his death. He used to gather this million of amount from his professional career as an Indian Wrestler. Gama was very happy with the money he makes from his professional career.
He was also satisfied with his profession and money as well. Similarly, the average salary of a wrestler was around $51,537. So, we can assume that he used to get the same amount from his long-term career.
What is The Great Gama’s Height?
Gama had a towering height of 5 feet 9 inches tall. Similarly, his total body weight was around 110 kg. His total body measurement size was 42-34-14.5 inches. He had black color eyes with black color hair.
Who lifted 1200 kg stone?
In the year 1902, The Great Gama lifted a stone that weighed 1,200 kgs. At that time he was 20 years old and now that stone is displayed at the Baroda Museum. To move that stone took 25 people and a machine.
How did Gama Pehalwan died?
The Great Gama left this beautiful world at the age of 82. The main cause of his death was heart disease. Just after one day of his birthday on 23rd May 1960 Gama passed away.
Was Bruce Lee fan of Gama Pehalwan?
Yes, Bruce Lee was an avid follower of late The Great Gama’s training routine. Bruce used to read articles about Gama and how he employed his exercises. The training routines include “the cat stretch”, and ‘the squat’.
Did Google celebrate The Great Gama’s birthday?
22 May 2022 Google commemorated Gama with a Doodle on his 144th birth anniversary with a comment
“Gama’s legacy continues to inspire modern day fighters. Even Bruce Lee is a known admirer and incorporates aspects of Gama’s conditioning into his own training routine!”
Professional Career of Gama Pehalwan
- Gama began his career as an Indian wrestler.
- He was also famous as the undefeated wrestling champion of the world in the early 20th century.
- He had also defeated some of the most respected grapplers in the world including “Doc” Benjamin Roller of the United States, Maurice Deriaz of Switzerland,
- Johann Lemm (the European Champion) of Switzerland as well. Gama won over five thousand matches.
- In the year 1929 Gama beat Jesse Petersen.