Tony Bennett Wiki, Age, Net Worth 2022, Salary, Divorce, Wife, Height
Facts of Tony Bennett
|Full Name:||Tony Bennett|
|Birth Date:||August 3, 1926|
|Profession:||Pop singer, Songwriter|
|Height:||5 feet 8 inches (1.73m)|
|Wife||Susan Crow (2007)|
|Divorce||Patricia Beech (1952-1971), Sandra Grant (1971-1983)|
|Net Worth||$200 million|
|Birth Place||Astoria, Queens, New York,|
|Siblings||John Benedetto Jr. (brother), and Mary Benedetto (sister)|
|Kids||D'Andrea Bennett aka Danny, Daegal Bennett aka Dae, Joanna Bennett, and Antonia Bennett|
|Tony Bennett Facebook|
|Tony Bennett Twitter|
|Tony Bennett Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Tony Bennett|
Tony Bennett is an American pop singer, songwriter, and former painter who is famous for his studio album The Beat of My Heart, I Left My Heart in San Franciso, and Rags to Riches.
Moreover, he is also known for his big band, show tunes, and jazz. He started singing at a very young age of 10 and was first recognized by Pearl Bailey.
Parents of Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett was born Anthony Dominick Benedetto on 3rd August 1926, in Astoria, Queens, New York, the United States of America. As of 2019, he is 93 years old and his birth sign is Leo. He is the son of John Benedetto (father) and Anna Suraci (mother). However, his father died when he was just 10 years old.
He grew up with his siblings, John Benedetto Jr. (brother), and Mary Benedetto (sister). Tony is an American by nationality and belongs to the Caucasian ethnicity.
Moving towards his educational career, Tony learned painting and music at the School of Industrial Art but couldn’t continue his study and started working as a singing waiter. Moreover, he also attended the American Theatre Wing after serving the United States Army during World War II.
What is the Net Worth of Tony Bennett as of 2019?
Tony Bennett has an estimated net worth of around $200 million. He earned most part of his net worth from his successful musical career. Moreover, his paintings were also featured in ARTnews and several other magazines, and most of them were sold for $80,000 individually.
Also, his bestseller books Tony Bennett: What My Heart Has Seen and Tony Bennett in the Studio: A Life of Art & Music also helped to add a figure to his current net worth. Currently, he listed his six bedrooms 9500 square-foot house on the westernmost promontory of Belvedere Island OD worth $27,500,000 for sale.
Who is Tony Bennett’s Current Wife after a Divorce with Patricia Beech?
Talking about his personal life, Bennett is currently married to Susan Crow who is a former social studies teacher. The couple tied their wedding knot in an intimated wedding ceremony on 21st June 2007. The couple first met at one of his concerts. At the time her wife was in her early 20s whereas Bennett was in his early 60s. They started dating in the late 1980s.
Previously, Tony was married to Patricia Beech. They first met during his nightclub performance in Cleveland. After dating a few years, they got married on 12th February 1952. They together had two sons; D’Andrea Bennett aka Danny, and Daegal Bennett aka Dae who was born in 1954 and in 1955 respectively. The couple separated their way in the year 1971. The reason for their divorce was Tony who could not give time to his family and spent most of his time on the road.
Soon after his separation from Patricia, he started dating the actress, Sandra Grant in the year 1965. Later, they tied their wedding knot on 29th December 1971, in New York. The couple together shares two children: Joanna Bennett, and Antonia Bennett who was born in 1970 and on 7th April 1974.
They separated in the year 1979 and their divorce was finalized on 1st July 1983. He then started using cocaine and marijuana in the late 1970s. However, his son helped him regain his personal and professional lives back working together as his personal manager.
Bennett’s Body Look and Social Media
Tony Bennett stands at a height of 5 feet 8 inches with a weight of around 79 kg. He has grey-colored hair with brown eyes.
Professional Career of Tony Bennett
- Tony Bennett started singing at an age of 10 years old and also performed alongside Mayor, Fiorello La Guardia, at the opening of the Triborough Bridge.
- At the age of 13, he started working as a singing waiter and got paid for in several Italian restaurants.
- Then, he rose to stardom after the success of subsequent hit tracks such as I Wanna Be Around and The Good Life.
- After that, Tony released several tribute albums including Perfectly Frank, Steppin’ Out, and Tony Bennett on Holiday.
- Moreover, he released A Wonderful World featuring k.d. Lang in the year 2002 for which he received another Grammy for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album. In the year 2006, he released Duets: An American Classic, featuring Barbra Streisand, Elton John, and Sting.
- Following the success of the album, he released another celebratory album in the year 2011, Duets II which includes The Lady Is a Tramp featuring Lady Gaga and Body and Soul featuring Amy Winehouse.
- Besides these, Bennett is also a painter and known as Anthony Benedetto.
- His paintings were featured in some museums such as the Smithsonian and the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Moreover, he is an author of bestseller books, Tony Bennett: What My Heart Has Seen, The Good Life: The Autobiography of Tony Bennett, Tony Bennett in the Studio: A Life of Art & Music, Life is a Gift: The Zen of Bennett, and many more.