Jasmine Guy’s Ex-Husband Terrence Duckett Bio, Daughter & Married Life
Facts of Terrence Duckett
|Full Name:||Terrence Duckett|
|Birth Place||United, States|
|View more / View less Facts of Terrence Duckett|
Terrence is well known as the former husband of Jasmine Guy. She is popular for the role of Whitley Wayne in the television series A Different World. She is also known for her appearance in the movie Scary Movie 5.
Early Life of Terrence Duckett
Terrence Duckett was born in the United States of America. Terrence holds an American nationality and belongs to the Afro-American ethnicity. He has an average height and has black eyes color and black hair color. Similarly, he follows the Christianity religion.
Married & Divorce of Terrence Duckett with Jasmine Guy
Terrence is once married to his wife Jasmine Guy. The former couple started dating in 1987. After years of dating, the couple shared the marriage vows on August 22, 1998. In 1998, the couple was blessed with their first little daughter, Imani Duckett.
The family of three lived together and took care for a moment, but on April 8, 2008, the couple filed for divorce after being in a relationship for ten years. Even after orlandosentinel.com, she called her divorce grounds as irreconcilable differences.
The couple parted but Terrence was unwilling to part with a daughter. Terrence filed court papers requesting joint custody of her daughter Imani Guy Duckett, who responded to Jasmine’s divorce petition on April 3. Later, Guy and her daughter resided in Atlanta.
Terrence Duckett’s Ex-Wife Net Worth
However, his ex-wife Jasmine earns millions of worth from the entertainment industry. Also, she earns a decent amount of salary after she wrote three episodes and directed one. As a result, Terrence’s ex-wife Jasmine has a net worth estimated at $4 million as of 2022.
His Ex-Wife Career
- Duckett’s ex-wife Jasmin Guy reached the peak of her career in the late 1980s / early 1990s when she was one of the stars of the legendary comedy sitcom A Different World (1987-1993), in which love, life, and learning were recorded on a fictional HBCU.
- Her role as Whitley Marion Gilbert-Wayne in the Cosby Show earned her four NAACP Image Awards in succession from 1990 to 1993 as an outstanding lead actress in a comedy series.
- During this time Guy also played in music and released his self-titled debut album under Warner Bros. in 1990. With Guy’s dancing skills, she opened the doors to her acting career.
- Shortly after studying dance at New York’s Alvin Ailey American Dance Center, Jasmine got a role as a dancer in the television series Fame (1982).
- After a few more guest roles on the small screen, she made her feature film debut with Spike Lee’s Schol Daze (1988) and then Harlem Nights (1989) alongside Eddie Murphy.
- During the distraction of A Different World, Guy appeared in a handful of television movies and after the show came to a close.
- Afterward, she recorded guest roles on a number of TV shows, including Melrose Place, Touched by an Angel, Ladies Man, and more.
- In recent years, Guy has been best known for appearing on Dead Like Me (2002-2003) and The Vampire Diaries, where she played Sheila Bennett.
- From 2016 she appeared on K.C. Undercover Guy has also found success as a stage actress on Broadway, Off-Broadway, and other theatrical productions.