Sylvia Anderson Bio, Age, Net Worth 2022, Husband, Kids, Height, Death
Facts of Sylvie Anderson
|Full Name:||Sylvie Anderson|
|Birth Date:||March 25, 1927|
|Death Date:||March 15, 2016|
|Divorce||Gerry Anderson (m. 1960–1980), George A. Thamm (m. 1952–1959), Jack Brooks (m. 1946–1950)|
|Net Worth||$ 1 million|
|Birth Place||Camberwell, London, England|
|Education||London School of Economics|
|Mother||Beatrice (née Aberdeen)|
|Kids||Gerry Anderson Jr., Jacqueline Dee|
|View more / View less Facts of Sylvie Anderson|
Sylvia Anderson profession was a British television and film producer, writer, dubbing artist, and costume designer. She is best known for her collaboration with Gerry Anderson.
Early Life of Sylvia Anderson
Sylvia Anderson was born in Camberwell, London, England, on 25 March 1927 with a birth sign Aries. As of 2019, she would be 92 years old if she was alive. She was the daughter of Sidney Thomas, who was a champion boxer, and Beatrice (née Aberdeen), a dressmaker.
She held British nationality with English ethnicity. She graduated from the London School of Economics.
How many times has Sylvia Anderson been Married when she was alive?
Anderson married thrice time in her life. Sylvia married Jack Brooks in 1946, for the first time with whom she had a daughter, Jacqueline Dee. After some years the couple divorced in the year 1950 but the reason for the divorce is still unknown. Later, in the year 1952, she remarried George Thamm. Unfortunately, her 2nd married life also ended in divorce in the year 1959.
After a few years of divorce with George, she married for the third time in 1960 Gerry Anderson, with whom she had a son, Gerry Anderson Jr. The duo also ended their relationship in a divorce in the year 1980. There are no records of her married life after that. She might live single after her 3 married life ended in divorce.
Net Worth and Salary of Sylvia Anderson
Sylvia Anderson had earned a massive amount of money throughout her career while she was alive. She was ranked as the most popular celebrity. Therefore the evaluation of her net worth was $1 million.
Sylvia Anderson’s Cause of Death
The actress Sylvia Anderson died on March 15, 2016, in Bray, United Kingdom ten days before her 89th birthday. Her cause of death is natural death due to her old age.
Sylvia Anderson’s Career
- After graduation, she became a social worker.
- She emigrated to the US to live with her first husband, an American golfer.
- In America, she worked as a journalist
- Afterward, in 1957 she joined the newly formed and short-lived Polytechnic Films as an office assistant, where she met Gerry Anderson, an editor, and director.
- In 1957, AP Films was commissioned by author Roberta Leigh to produce films based on the stories of her children, including The Adventures of Twizzle and Torchy the Battery Boy.
- Sylvia Anderson worked as a production assistant on these projects.
- In late 1960, the couple married and developed a broader role in production.
- The couple worked together as a team, writing the first episode of a series and writing them down to their strengths.
- Gerry usually specialized in special effects and hardware and Sylvia on character, voices, costumes, dialogues, and action strokes.
- In this way, Anderson contributed to a series of half-hour shows, including Supercar, Stingray, and Fireball XL5, plot development, and language work.
- However, she felt that the half-hour format was not enough to fully develop characters and stories, and she convinced the TV producer, Lew Grade of the team, to extend their shows to a full hour.
- In the early 1960s, the Andersons have helped shape the series Thunderbirds and Sylvia the characters.
- She knew that Grade intended to sell the show to American TV stations and wanted to make the show attractive to American audiences.
- So she introduced the “British aristocrat” of Lady Penelope and Parker to her “cockney chauffeur”.
- Similarly, she was co-creator with Gerry Anderson for the UFO series (1969-1970), where she co-produced, oversaw fashions on the show, and did most of the casting.