Who is Sophie McShera? Check out her Biography
Sophie McShera is a British actress who played the character of Daisy Robinson in the TV series named Downton Abbey.
What is the Age of Sophie McShera?
Sophie McShera was born in Bradford, West Yorkshire, England on January 1, 1985. Her birth sign is Capricorn and she is currently 37 years old.
Sophie’s parents were both teachers. Her father later changed his profession and became a financial advisor. Sophie has British nationality and belongs to a white (Irish) ethnicity.
Sophie has attended St. Joseph College. Later she joined Footsteps Theater School. During her college days, she got several opportunities to act on the stages of performance.
What is the Net Worth of Sophie McShera?
The British actress has a net worth of around $1 million as of 2022. She has earned most of her wealth from her professional career. She has also done numerous stage performances, films, and television from which she has earned a decent amount of money.
Besides, she also makes a good sum of money from endorsement deals. She has endorsed a brand named Bazaar.
Sophie McShera’s height is 5 feet 4 inches and her body weight is 57 kg. She has light brown color hair with blue color eyes. Likewise, she has a measurement of 34-24-35 inches and a bra size of 32B, a dress size of 2 (US) and her shoe size is 7.5 (US).
Her Film Works
Downton Abbey (Television Series)
It is a television series created and co-written by Julian Fellowes. The series is based on a British historical period of the early 20th century. It was first aired on ITV on 26 September 2010 in the United Kingdom and as well as on PBS in the United States. Later supported by the production of the series as part of its Masterpiece Classic anthology, on 9 January 2011.
In the first series, the events include the news of the sinking of the Titanic, the outbreak of the First World War, and the Spanish influenza pandemic. The second series includes the Marconi scandal. And in the third part, the series includes the Irish War of Independence leading to the formation of the Irish Free State. Followed by the Teapot Dome scandal in the fourth series. The fifth part includes the British general election of 1923, the Beer Hall Putsch, and the Jallianwala Bagh massacre. And the final season of the series includes the arousal of the working class at the interwar period and as well as hints of the eventual decline of the British aristocracy.
- McShera started her career in 2007 with a role in the soap opera Emmerdale. Followed by Doctors and the drama Survivors in 2008.
- In the year 2009, she was cast for the BBC school drama Waterloo Road where she portrayed the role of A-level student Ros McCain.
- McShera was also featured in the Julian Fellowes ITV costume drama Downton Abbey as Daisy.
- The drama won the Most Popular TV Drama at the 2012 National TV Awards.
- Next in 2013, McShera played the recurring character of JobCentre Bryony in ITV2 sitcom The Job Lot. After that, she played the role of stepsister Drisella Tremaine in Disney’s 2015 film Cinderella.
- She is also gifted with a great voice which she has displayed as a lady’s maid Gwynne in the ABC musical comedy series Galavant.
- Similarly, McShera is also a stage performer, some of her stage roles include the eponymous role in the pantomime Cinderella at the West Yorkshire Playhouse from December 2009 and January 2010.
- In 1998, she played as Annie alongside Paul O’Grady for the show’s London run and subsequent tour.
- In the year 2011, she appeared in Jerusalem where she played the role of Pea at the Apollo Theatre.
FAQs of Sophie McShera
Who is Sophie McShera?
Sophie is a British actress who played the character of Daisy Robinson in the TV series named Downton Abbey.
Where was Sophie McShera born?
Sophie was born in Bradford, West Yorkshire, England on January 1, 1985.