Sharon Tay Bio, Age, Net Worth, Salary, Married, Husband, Height
Sharon Tay is an award-winning American journalist, news anchor as well as an occasional actress. Additionally, she has anchored two shows on the MSNBC network and at present works with KCBS-TV.
Early Life and Education of Journalists
Sharon Tay was born on the 15th of October 1966 in Singapore. As of 2019, she is 53 years old and her sun sign is Libra. At the age of seven years, she migrated to the USA with her family. Her family again shifted to the Philippines. Sharon holds the dual nationality of Singaporean- American and belongs to Asian ethnicity.
She has a good command of English, Cantonese, and Spanish. She studied at a boarding school in Massachusetts, America to finish high school. Then, she graduated in Broadcast Journalism with a minor in International Relations from Boston University.
Is Sharon Tay Married?
As far as Sharon Tay’s marital status is concerned, she seems to be unmarried and is not dating anyone at the present. There are reliable reports that she was married to a Chinese American stockbroker who was 8 years older than her, but they soon separated.
How much is Sharon Tay’s Net Worth and Salary?
Presently, she has a net worth of $4.5 million. Similarly, she earns a massive salary of $900 thousand annually. She has earned a very good income in both journalism and acting.
Body Measurement of Tay
Tay has a cute height of 5 feet 3 inches with an average weight. Similarly, she has black hair and black eyes. Furthermore, her body measurements are 33-24-35 inches respectively.
- Sharon started her professional career in the year 1986.
- She joined Boston Cable News where she worked as the writer, editor, reporter, and director.
- KCCN-TV hired Sharon as a general assignment reporter/ consumer investigative reporter in the year 1993.
- She was recruited by Tribune Broadcasting for KTLA. There she worked as a weekend anchor.
- She also worked as an anchor for the early morning edition of News.
- Sharon left KTLA in December 2004 and joined MSNBC.
- There she hosted two major shows “MSNBC at the Movies” and “MSNBC Entertainment Hot List”.
- Presently she works with KCBS-TV and does early morning and midday newscasts.
- Besides this, Tay is five times Emmy Award winner and a one-time Associated Press Award winner.
- Similarly, she also has got respect from Asian women as very few Asian women have reached the level of Sharon.