What is Shari Belafonte Net Worth 2022? Her Bio, Age, Husband,
American actress, model, writer, and singer, famous for her portrayal of Julie Gillette on the ABC prime-time drama series Hotel. Moreover, she is popular as the daughter of renowned singer Harry Belafonte.
Siblings and Parents
Shari Belafonte entered this world as Shari Lynn Belafonte on September 22, 1954, in New York City, the U.S. As of 2022, her age is 65 years old and her horoscope is Virgo. He is the daughter of Harry Belafonte (father) and Marguerite Belafonte (mother). Her father is a renowned singer and her mother actress.
Shari holds an American nationality and belongs mixed ethnical background. She grew along with her three siblings, two sisters and a brother Gina Belafonte, Adrienne Belafonte Biesemeyer, and David Belafonte.
Shari Belafonte Graduated from the Carnegie-Mellon University
She attended different schools like Windsor Mountain School in Lenox, Buxton School in Williamstown, and Hampshire College in Amherst during her early days. Similarly, she graduated from Carnegie-Mellon University located in Pittsburgh and earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Drama.
Shari has a height of 5 feet 4 inches or 162.56 cm tall. She has light hair color with the same color (light brown) and eyes. Similarly, she is active on social sites like Instagram and Facebook.
Who is Shari Belafonte’s Husband?
Yes, Shari Belafonte is a happily married woman. She married twice in her life. Her husband’s name is Sam Behrens who is an American actor. He is best known for his roles in the ABC daytime soap opera General Hospital and Sunset Beach. After dating a few years they married on December 30, 1989, in a private inmate wedding ceremony. Currently, they are living together happily.
Previously, Shari was married to Robert Harper. Her ex-husband Robert is also an American actor. Similarly, he is most well known for his role as Sharkey in Once Upon a Time in America. The former couple exchanged wedding vows on May 21, 1977. However, they divorced after sharing 11 years of married life in 1998.
What is Shari Belafonte Net Worth?
The actress, Belafonte has an estimated net worth of $5 million, as of 2022. According to the report, the American model earns $41,000, and the actress/actor earns $55,000 in the USA per year.
Similarly, the professional singer earns around $45,000-$65,000 per year. So we expect that, she also expected to earn in the same range.
Besides, some of Shari’s films have made a good collection at the box office. Similarly, the movie in which she appeared, If You Could See What I Hear earned $8,693,512 in the box office against its budget of $5,600,000.
- Belafonte started her professional career as a model. She became a successful cover girl model and appearing in commercials for Calvin Klein jeans.
- Similarly, her first feature film debut in the movies Time Walker and If You Could See What I Hear in 1982.
- Then Shari gained new experience working as a production assistant and assistant director in public television on the East Coast.
- After that, she moved to Los Angeles, where she worked as an assistant to the publicist at Hanna-Barbera productions.
- Gaining the experiences of the “behind the scenes”, she also received a number of modeling and commercial assignments.
- Moreover, she has appeared on the covers of over 300 magazines as of 2015.
- Shari accepted the offer of the main role on the ABC prime-time drama series ‘Hotel’ in 1983.
- The show became hugely successful for both the production company and for Shari ran for five years on prime-time.
- She also worked on various other television and film projects along with appearing in ‘Hotel’ as well.
- These included series like family Feud’, ‘The Love Boat’, ‘Matt Houston, and the comedy horror film ‘The Midnight Hour’ where she played the role of ‘Melissa Cavender’.
- The actor announced that he appeared in the role of Mayor Janice Lomax from Saidah Arrika Ekulona on January 19, 2016, on the ABC daytime soap opera General Hospital.
- She won awarded “Best Actress, Drama Inspirational” at the LA Live Film Festival for her role as Hazel Montgomery in Plastic Daydream in 2018.
FAQs of Shari Belafonte
Who is Shari Belafonte?
Shari Belafonte is an American actress, model, writer, and singer, famous for her portrayal of Julie Gillette on the ABC prime-time drama series Hotel.
When was Shari Belafonte born?
Shari entered this world as Shari Lynn Belafonte on September 22, 1954, in New York City, the U.S.