Sergio Garcia Wiki, Age, Net Worth 2022, Salary, Wife, Kids, Height
Sergio Garcia is a popular Spanish golfer who competes on both the European Tour and the PGA Tour. He is widely known as the winner of The Players Championship in the year 2008.
Sergio Garcia’s Early Life
Sergio Garcia was born as Sergio Garcia Fernandez on 9th January 1980, in Borriol, Castellon, Spain to Spanish parents. Currently, he is 39 years old and his birth sign is Capricorn. Sergio is the son of Victor Garcia (father) and Consuelo Fernandez (mother).
He has two siblings named Victor Garcia Jr (brother) and Mar Garcia Fernandez (sister). Sergio holds a Spanish nationality and his ethnicity is Spaniards.
Sean began playing golf at the age of three and at first, he played under his father.
Was Sergio Garcia Ever Married?
Sergio Garcia is happily married to his fiance Angela Akins who is a Golf Channel reporter, on 29th July 2017, in Texas. On 14th March 2018, the couple welcomed their first baby girl named Azalea.
Previously, he was in a relationship with the famous female golfer, Katharina Boehm.
After being together for a few years, they broke up, and soon he started dating Morgan Norman. He again failed to keep their relationship long-lasting and they ended with a breakup.
After that, Sergio began dating the beautiful Swiss tennis player, Martina Hingis in early 2001. They stayed together for over a year and they broke up in the year 2002.
How much is Sergio Garcia’s Net Worth and Salary?
Sergio Garcia has an estimated net worth of around $70 million as of 2019. Not only the name and fame, but he has also earned tremendous wealth through his professional golfing career. His total career earnings are reported as around $49.442 million.
Apart from his golfer career, Sergio adds a good sum through his endorsement deals. Some source claims that he makes more than $9 million per year through the endorsement, with his most significant deal coming from the largest sportswear brand, Adidas.
Sergio owns a $1.1 million luxury mansion in Florida which consists of four bedrooms and 4.5-bathrooms. Also, he has a private jet named Haeker-4000 worth around $22 million. Moreover, he owns a few lists of world luxury cars including Nissan GTR, BMW i8, and BMW M4.
|Year||PGA Tour Career Earning||European Tour Career Earning|
|2002||$2.89 million||$1.48 million|
|2004||$3.23 million||$1.33 million|
|2005||$3.21 million||$1.82 million|
Body Measurement (Height and Weight)
Sergio Garcia has a height of 5 feet 10 inches while his body weighs 82 kg. He has dark brown hair while his eyes are green in color.
- Sergio Garcia began his career playing golf at the age of three under his father’s supervision.
- He was a star player as a junior golfer as he won his first club championship at the age of 12.
- At age of 16, Sergio became the youngest player to make the cut at a European Tour event, the 1995 Turespana Open Mediterranea.
- In the following year, he became the youngest player to win the European Amateur Championship.
- In the year 1997, Sergio won the Boys Amateur Championship. Also, he won the professional tournament, Catalonian Open on the European Challenge Tour that year.
- In 1998, Sergio reached the semi-finals of the US Amateur winning The Amateur Championship.
- He began his career as a senior golfer in the year 1999, playing his first game in the 1999 Masters Tournament.
- In the same year, Sergio finished second in PGA Championship. Also, he became the youngest player to compete in Ryder Cup.
- Sergio won his first PGA Tour event at the 2001 MasterCard Colonial in Fort Worth, Texas at the age of 21.
- In the following year, he won the title for the second time at the Buick Classic in New York. He won the Mercedes Championships in the year 2002.
- Two years later, Sergio won the EDS Byron Nelson Championship in 2004.
- In the year 2008, he became second in the Official World Golf Rankings.
- Also, he won The Players Championship in 2008.
- He has won more than 20 international tournaments until now. In recent days, he won the Omega Dubai Desert Classic in February 2017.