Family of Scott Pelley, Bio, Age, Net Worth 2022 & Salary, Wife, Height
Facts of Scott Pelley
|Full Name:||Scott Pelley|
|Birth Date:||July 28, 1957|
|Height:||5 feet 6 inches (1.68m)|
|Net Worth||$16 million|
|Birth Place||San Antonio|
|Education||Coronado High School , Texas Tech University|
|Father||John Elmer Pelley Jr|
|Mother||Wanda Graves Pelley|
|Kids||Reece Pelley , Blair Pelley|
|Scott Pelley Twitter|
|View more / View less Facts of Scott Pelley|
- 1 Where is Scott Pelley from?
- 2 Where did Scott Pelley complete his education?
- 3 How much is Scott Pelley’s Net Worth?
- 4 Did Scott Pelley sell his house on loss?
- 5 Who is the Wife of Scott Pelley?
- 6 Who are the children of Scott Pelley and Jane Boone?
- 7 How tall is Scott Pelley?
- 8 What happened to Scott Pelley?
- 9 How long has Scott Pelley been on 60 minutes?
- 10 Why did Scott Pelley retire?
- 11 Professional Career of Scott Pelley
- 12 Awards of Scott Pelley
American journalist and author Scott Pelley rose to popularity after being an anchor for CBS News for more than 31 years and a correspondent for the CBS News magazine 60 Minutes.
Where is Scott Pelley from?
Scott Pelley came into this beautiful world on July 28, 1957. He was born in San Antonio, Texas, in the United States of America. Currently, he is 64 years old. By birth his star sign is Leo. Scott Cameron Pelley is his full birth name. He celebrated his birthday on July 28 in the presence of his close friends and family members.
Wanda Graves Pelley is the name of his mother. Whereas his father’s name is John Elmer Pelley Jr. He is not only the child of his parents. He has one brother whose name is John Pelley. Pelley holds the citizenship of America and belongs to an English ethnic background. Likewise, he follows and strong belief in the Christian religion.
Where did Scott Pelley complete his education?
Scott completed his higher-level education at Coronado High School (Lubbock, Texas). After that, he enrolled at Texas Tech University and graduated.
How much is Scott Pelley’s Net Worth?
According to celebritynetworth, Scott has an estimated net worth of around $16 million as of 2022. Similarly, his annual salary is around $7 million. Pelley is a millioanire. He collects this handsome sum of money from his professional career as an American journalist and author as well. It seems that he is living a very happy and luxurious life with his family members from the money he gets.
He is satisfied with his work as well. He is also the author of the memoir Truth Worth Telling. From the public, he became successful in making both name and fame at the same time. If he continues his career then in the near days his net worth and annual salary will surely increase.
Did Scott Pelley sell his house on loss?
Scott sold his Darien, CT, home for a loss. He listed the home in 2017 for $3,985,000. In the year 2019, the house was relisted for $3.25 million. After a year it was sold for $2.75 million. He purchased the place for $4 million in the year 2007. It was built with a five-bedroom, seven-bath estate which was situated on a cul-de-sac.
It also has 7,532 square feet of living space that blends traditional features with modern upgrades. Later in the year 2015, Scott purchased a 24-acre Texas ranch for $1,250,000.
Who is the Wife of Scott Pelley?
Well, Scott is a happily married man. He exchanges his marriage vows with his lovely girlfriend Jane Boone. By profession, his wife is an American former television reporter and advertising executive. The love bird tied their marriage vows in the year 1983.
Their marriage was held in front of their close relatives and family members. After some time of their marriage, Scott and Jane became the parents of two children (son and daughter). As of now, the couple is enjoying their happily married life. Also, there is nos ign of separation between the love bird.
Who are the children of Scott Pelley and Jane Boone?
Reece Pelley is the name of their son. Whereas Blair Pelley is the name of their daughter. Jane and Scott spend quality time with their children. Also, they travel to many new places together.
How tall is Scott Pelley?
Scott stands at the height of 5 feet 6 inches tall or 1.68 meters. Similarly, his total body weight according to his height is around 125 lbs or 57 kg. He has attractive green color eyes with grey color hair.
What happened to Scott Pelley?
For more than 31 years Scott has been a correspondent and anchor for CBS News. From the year 2011 to 2017, he worked as the anchor of the CBS Evening News. As of now, Scott is a correspondent on 60 Minutes. He also wrote in the year 2019:
”Truth Worth Telling: A Reporter’s Search for Meaning in the Stories of Our Times.'”
How long has Scott Pelley been on 60 minutes?
Pelly is one of the most experienced correspondents in broadcast journalism, Scoot has reported stories for 69 minutes since the year 2004. The season of 2021 to 2022 is his 18th on the broadcasting.
Why did Scott Pelley retire?
Scott has lost his job as the anchor of the network news program. Anchor Pelly recently claimed on CNN’s Reliable Sources that he lost his job because he was constantly complaining about the management of the news division’s hostile work environment.
Professional Career of Scott Pelley
- Scott Pelley began his career journey as an American journalist.
- He is also anchored for CBS News for more than 31 years.
- In addition. he is also the author of the 2019 book, Truth Worth Telling.
- Similarly, Pelley is a correspondent for the CBS News magazine 60 Minutes as well.
- From the year 1997 to 1999 he worked as CBS News’s chief White House correspondent.
- After that, he landed the first interview with president-elect George W. Bush in the year 2000.
Awards of Scott Pelley
- Scott has won many awards in his life including, the News & Documentary Emmy Award for Outstanding Coverage of a Breaking News Story in a Newscast, Investigative Report in a Newscast, and News & Documentary Emmy Award for Outstanding Arts, Culture or Entertainment Coverage as well.
- He was also nominated for 40 national Emmy Awards, 8 Edward R. Murrow Awards, George Foster Peabody Award, and Gerald Loeb Award too.