Sanjay Gupta Wiki, Age, Net Worth 2022, Salary, Wife, Kid, Height, Family
Facts of Sanjay Gupta
|Full Name:||Sanjay Gupta|
|Birth Date:||October 23, 1969|
|Height:||5 feet 8 inches (1.73m)|
|Wife||Rebecca Olson Gupta|
|Married||Rebecca Olson Gupta|
|Net Worth||$4.5 million|
|Birth Place||Novi, Michigan|
|Education||University of Michigan Health System|
|Siblings||Suneel Gupta and Yogesh Gupta|
|Kids||Soleil Asha Gupta, Sky Anjali Gupta, and Sage Ayla Gupta|
|Sanjay Gupta Facebook|
|Sanjay Gupta Twitter|
|Sanjay Gupta Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Sanjay Gupta|
Sanjay Gupta is an American neurosurgeon and senior medical correspondent at CNN. He also works as deputy head of the neurosurgical service at Grady Memorial Hospital. He is also an assistant professor of neurosurgery at Emory University’s School of Medicine.
What is Sanjay Gupta Ethnicity?
Sanjay was born on October 23, 1969, in Novi, Michigan, the United States with a birth sign Scorpio. As of 2019, he is 50 years old. Sanjay is the son of Subhash Gupta(father) and Damyanti Gupta(mother). He has two brothers named Suneel Gupta and Yogesh Gupta.
Early life and Education of Neurosurgeon
Concerning, his early life, he grew up along with his siblings in Michigan as his father moved from India. He holds an American nationality and belongs to Sindhi Indian ethnicity. Sanjay stands at a height of 5 feet 8 inches and their body weight is unknown. Likewise, he has brown eyes color and black hair color. Sanjay has 35.6 k followers on Instagram. Likewise, 2.38 million followers on Twitter, and 10.4 k followers on Facebook.
He attended Novi High School. Later, he earned his Bachelor of Science degree in biomedical sciences at the University of Michigan. In 2010, he completed his residency in neurological surgery at the University of Michigan Health System.
What is Sanjay Gupta’s Net Worth and Salary in 2019?
Being a successful surgeon and journalist he has accumulated a huge amount of sum through his professional career. Sanjay is an American journalist, professor, and neurosurgeon who has an estimated net worth of $8 million as of 2019. He is considered as one of the most respected journalists on CNN. But no information about his salary which he charges.
Is Sanjay Gupta still Married?
50-year-old American neurosurgeon Sanjay Gupta is a married man. He married Rebecca Olson Gupta a family law attorney. They met each other while studying at the University of Michigan. Shortly, they began to date, later Sanjay did a sweet proposal by writing a poem. After that, she replied to Sanjay with a big Yes.
On May 15, 2004, in Carolina Rebecca and Sanjay got married to her longtime girlfriend Rebecca. The marriage ceremony was done according to Hindu rituals. At the time of marriage, Sanjay wore a sherwani while Rebecca a bride wore a Lengha Choli. Along with the Hindu rituals they have also some rituals related to western costumes and vows. Rebecca stats that
”We got exactly what we wanted- a traditional Indian wedding that managed to tie in the beauty and flair of Charleston”.
Together they welcomed three children Soleil Asha Gupta, Sky Anjali Gupta, and Sage Ayla Gupta. Since their marriage, they maintain a perfect relationship.
There is not even a single dispute between them. He was never associated with a woman in relation to his previous relationship. Currently, Sanjay and Rebecca enjoy their married life and live elegantly.
Rumor and Controversy
Sanjay has received many criticisms of his coverage. Many journalists criticize his reporting as “a gross simplification”. His coverage was also criticized by Professor Gary Schwitzer and Peter Aldhous.
In 2007, after Sanjay announced Michael Moore’s 2007 film Sicko that Moore had “fudged facts”. Soon after, Moore responded that his reports were inaccurate and biased.
Sanjay Gupta’s Career
- Sanjay began his neurosurgeon career after completed neurological surgery at the University of Michigan Health System in 2000.
- First, he also addressed the problems and aspects of the medical field.
- During his coverage of the Haiti earthquake in 2010, he gave service to earthquake victims with Henri Ford and two US Navy doctors.
- Previously, he also reported on the medical aspects of the invasion of Iraq in 2003.
- In the same year, he was also ranked by People Magazine as one of the sexiest men of 2003.
- In 2007, he guested on a health episode of CBS News Sunday Morning.
- He also appeared on the Late Show with David Letterman and Craig Ferguson.
- He also starred in Oprah Winfrey’s famous show, the Oprah Winfrey Show, followed by Bill Maher’s Real Time with Bill Maher.
- In addition, on January 6, 2009, this veteran selected President Barack Obama’s position as a surgeon.
- He currently works as Deputy Head of the Neurosurgery Service at Grady Memorial Hospital.
- He is also an assistant professor of neurosurgery at Emory University’s School of Medicine.
- Apart from that, Sanjay has also written a couple of books, including Chasing Life: New Findings of Immortality to Make You Lean Today, and Monday Morning: A Novel.
- He has won several awards, including an Emmy Award 2006 for Outstanding Feature Story on a regularly scheduled news channel, followed by an Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters.