Sammy Hagar Bio, Age, Net Worth 2022, Salary, Divorce, Wife, Kid, Height
Sammy Hagar American rock vocalist, guitarist, songwriter, musician as well as an entrepreneur. Hagar came to fame in the 1970s with the hard rock band Montrose.
Hagar’s Early Life and Education
Sammy was born on October 13, 1947, in Salinas, California. As of 2019, his age is 72 years old. His father’s name is Robert Hagar and his mother’s name is Gladys Hager. He grew up along with his siblings Velma, Rober, and Bobby. Sammy has an American nationality and belongs to the white ethnic group.
Sammy was born and raised in California. But, his family soon relocated to Fontana due to his father’s employment at the Kaiser Steel Mill. He completed his education at Fontana HIgh school. While schooling at Fontana, Sammy fronted his first band the Fabulous Castille’s at the age of fourteen. He was interested in music since his early childhood.
What is Sammy Hagar Net Worth and Salary?
Sammy Hagar is not only a singer but also an entrepreneur. He has been in the world of business since the 1990s. He bought a mountain bike store and built another. Soon after that, he was the top-rated independent bike store in the state of California.
Not only this but, he is also the owner of the Cabo Wabo Tequila brand and Sammy’s Beach Bar Rum. Likewise, he sold an 80 percent stake in the business to Gruppo Campari for $80 million and sold the rest for $11 million in 2010.
The estimated net worth of Sammy is about $120 million. Being a singer and an entrepreneur, he has earned enough to spend a luxurious life.
Sammy Hagar Remarried Kari Karte after his divorce from Besty Berardi, Are they living happily?
Talking about his personal life, Sammy married twice in his lifetime. Well, Hagar’s first wedding happened on November 3, 1968. He married Betsy Berardi but couldn’t remain forever and finally divorced in the year 1994. The couple shared two children, Aaron who was born in 1970, and Andrew, who followed in 1984.
After his divorce from Betsy, he met Kari Karte and married her on November 29, 1995. Sammy and Kari have two daughters, the Kama, born in 1996, and Samantha, who came in 2001. The pair is happily living with his family. Furthermore, there is no sign of divorce or separation yet.
Though being a famous personality it is common to have rumors sometimes, Sammy didn’t focus much on these things. He was never dragged into any controversy during his career.
Sammy Hagar’s Height & Weight
Sammy stands at a height of 6 feet and weighs about 82 kg. His waist is 32 inches. He looks good with his hazel brown eyes and blonde hair.
Sammy Hagar’s Career and Songs
- Sammy Hagar became a part of Montrose where he penned his first lyrics in 1973.
- This was the starting of his career. After that, he recorded two albums with the group before he quit after falling out with Ronnie Montrose, the group’s founder.
- Montrose was Sammy’s first RIAA-certified effort, and it was given platinum status.
- Sammy’s solo career started in 1976. In 2014, the hard rock musician dropped 13 solo projects, with nine of them coming in the 70s and 80s.
- Furthermore, two of those albums, Standing Hampton (1981) and VOA (1984) were certified platinum by the RIAA.
- After that, the 1981 album was his first release under Geffen Records after he walked away from Capitol Records.
- This project was his biggest-selling album to date. Hagar has been a part of many groups including Hagar Schon Aaronson Shrieve (1984), Van Halen (1986, 1988 – 1995), Sammy Hagar & The Waboritas (1999 – 2006), Chicken Foot (2009 – 2011), and The Circle (2014) in the ’80s.
- Moving forward, Hagar’s solo and group musical efforts have seen the release of 26 albums going gold, platinum, 3X Platinum, 4X platinum, or 6X platinum in the year 2015.
- After so many years in the musical field, Sammy Hagar published his autobiography in March 2011 titled Red: My Uncensored Life in Rock. And the book became a No.1 New York Times Bestseller.
- Along with this, he also released a cookbook titled Are We Having Any Fun Yet? – The Cooking & Partying Handbook in September 2015.