Russell Simmons Bio, Age, Net Worth 2022, Brother, Wife, Kids, Height
Facts of Russell Simmons
|Full Name:||Russell Simmons|
|Net Worth||$400 million|
|Eye Color||dark brown|
|Birth Place||Queens, New York|
|Kids||Ming Lee, Aoki Lee|
|Russell Simmons Facebook|
|Russell Simmons Twitter|
|Russell Simmons Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Russell Simmons|
Russell Simmons ignited the hip-hop revolution by promoting stars like the Beastie Boys, Public Enemy, and so on. He has played a pivotal role in bringing hip-hop music to the forefront. Similarly, he is also famous as a film producer, record producer, entrepreneur, and successful businessman too.
Moreover, Simmons also regularly contributes to the ‘Huffington Post’ and is a Goodwill Ambassador for the UN Slavery Memorial. Also, the Co-founder of the Def Jam music label and successfully created clothing lines like Phat Farm, Argyleculture, and American Classics.
Early Life of Russell Simmons
Russell Simmons was born on October 4th, 1957 in Queens, New York, the United States. His age is 62 years old as of 2019 and his birth sign is Libra. Russel is the son of Daniel Sr(father) a teacher and his mother Evelyn is an administrator. Similarly, he grew up along with his brother named Danny Simmons in their Family in the Jamaica neighborhood of Queens, New York. Likewise, he is an American citizen and belongs to the American-Afro ethnicity.
Recalling his educational background, he joined City College of New York for a long time but left to pursue his passion of helping to promote local musicians.
What is the Net Worth of Russell Simmons?
The chairman, CEO of Rush Communications, Russell co-founded the hip-hop music label Def Jam Recordings and created the clothing fashion lines Phat Farm, Argyleculture, and Tantris. He earns a huge amount of net worth out of his professional career. However, his estimated salary is unknown to the media yet. However, Russell’s actual estimated net worth is nearly $400 million as of 2019.
Who is Russell Simmons Married Too? Also, Know more about his Married, Divorce, Wife, and Kids
Talking about his personal life, Russel is a married man. He married his long-term girlfriend turned to be his wife Kimora Lee. They met at the New York Fashion week in 1992. After that, the pair started dating and were in a relationship for several years. Then the couple got married on the Saint Barthélemy Islan in France in 1998. The couple shared two daughters named Ming Lee, Aoki Lee but no information about their birth date. Unfortunately, the couple divorced in 2009 due to personal issues. Currently, he is single and living happily with his kids.
Russell Simmons in Drugs Involvement
Russell Simmons was involved in drug dealing and using drugs at a young age. The wider community in Queens was “destroyed by drugs”. He also sold the drug for a time and also ran with a street gang named the Seven Immortals. His parents are concerned about his future and get him at Orange Julius in Greenwich Village in an attempt to steer him away from trouble. But he got fired for throwing oranges at people after a month.
In 2013, Russell finally, told his parents that he, “Everybody shot dope there. I used every drug there is available but it didn’t make me a bad person it only made me a sad person, a diseased person.”
What is Russell Simmons’ Height, and Weight?
Russell Simmons stands at the height of 5 feet, 9 inches with a bodyweight of around 85 kg. Similarly, he has black color hair with a pair of dark brown color eyes.
The Professional Career of Russell Simmons
- Russell Simmons began his professional career when he heard the “world-famous” MC Eddie Cheeba rapping in a club in 1977.
- After that, he began putting on parties with a fellow student and decided to form a new music company under the stage name Kurtis Blow with Rush management.
- The success of “Rappers’ Delight” inspired him in 1979 to the entertainment field. They started receiving calls and Blow got his record deal with a masterstroke by Simmons “Christmas Rappin'” and released in December 1979.
- Likewise, went on to sell more than 500,000 copies.
- Russel joined hands with Rick Rubin in 1983 and founded the record label ‘Def Jam.
- Soon they started releasing hip-hop singles of several artists.
- Def Jam released American rapper LL Cool J’s hip-hop single ‘I Need a Beat’ and the American hip-hop band ‘Beastie Boys’ single ‘Rock Hard’ in 1984.
- Moreover, he also produced a feature film in 1985 named ‘Krush Groove’.
- Similarly, they started to venture into the mainstream and topped the music charts with releases like ‘Licensed to Ill’, and ‘Raising Hell’.
- Simmons served with more new talents which made the ‘Def Jam’ label one of the most successful hip-hop labels of that time.
- The same year, Rick Rubin left the company and branching out to other ventures
- In 1992 he founded ‘Phat Farm’ a line of clothing for men that catered to the needs of contemporary demands.
- Furthermore, the label launched a children’s ‘Baby Phat’ clothing line.
- Russell produced the comedy film in 1996 ‘The Nutty Professor’, and the film was a blockbuster hit.
- The Universal Music Group purchased a share of ‘Def Jam’ for the price of $100 million.
- After the deal, Universal Music Group merged with Island Records to become The Island Def Jam Music Group in 1999.
- He also produced the HBO television series, ‘Def Poetry’, which provides a platform for young talents in the field of poetry in 2002.
- Likewise, he published his book titled ‘Super Rich: A Guide to Having It All’,. The book is a mixture of spiritual wisdom and street-smart.