An American Former professional Baseball Outfielder and Television Presenter, Ron Gant came to the spotlight as the Television news anchor at WAGA-TV’s morning news program Good Day Atlanta. He has been honored with the Silver Slugger Award in 1991 (National League) and two-time All-Star National League Comeback Player in 1995 (The Sporting News).
Early Life of Ron Gant
Ron Gant came to this beautiful world on March 2, 1965, in Victoria, Texas, United States. As of 2023, he is 58 years old and his zodiac sign is Pisces. By birth, his real name is Ronald Edwin Gant. Every year, he cuts his birthday cake on the 2nd of March.
Ron’s parents’ names are George Gant and his mother’s name is Alice Hardeman. By profession, his father is a chemistry professor and his mother is a special education teacher. Similarly, he has a brother named Tony Gant. By nationality, he holds American citizenship and belongs to a mixed (African-American) ethnic background. Moreover, he completed his high school education at VISD Stroman Middle School.
Ron Gant’s Relationship Status
Ron has been married twice. He was married to Heather Campbell. The couple were the parents of four children (three daughters and a son). Their children’s names are Alexus Gant, Symara Gant, Halyn Gnatb, and Ryan Edwin Gant.
After separating from Heather, he married Leslie Donatelli. Ron and Leslie exchanged their wedding knot in June 2015. The couple lives in a house in Suwanee sharing time between work and home.
Ron Gant’s Net Worth and Salary
Ron has an estimated net worth of around $ 20 million. He earns this million amount from his professional career as an American Former professional Baseball Outfielder and Television Presenter. According to some online resources, the average salary of an American Former professional Baseball Outfielder is $4.41 million, and Television Presenter is $58,459 annually.
Career Line of Ron Gant
- Ron is a television news anchor and former professional baseball outfielder.
- He played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the Atlanta Braves (1987–1993), Cincinnati Reds (1995), St. Louis Cardinals (1996–1998), Philadelphia Phillies (1999–2000), Anaheim Angels (2000), Colorado Rockies (2001), Oakland Athletics (2001, 2003), and San Diego Padres (2002).
- Currently, he is a Television news anchor at WAGA-TV’s morning news program Good Day Atlanta.
- Then, he joined the 30-30 club in 1990 and 1991 with the Braves (at least 30 stolen bases and 30 home runs in a single season). Gantt batted and threw right-handed.
- Previously, he had played in Major League Baseball for the Atlanta Braves, Cincinnati Reds, St. Louis Cardinals, Philadelphia Phillies, and many more
- Ron has been honored with the Silver Slugger Award in 1991 (National League) and two-time All-Star National League Comeback Player in 1995 (The Sporting News).
FAQs of Ron Gant
What is Ron Gant’s Career Stat?
Ron’s 16-season career hit is 256 with 321 home runs and 1,008 RBIs. In 1,832 games, he had 243 stolen bases and 1,080 runs scored in 1,832 games.
Does Ron Gant have a Baseball Card?
Yes, Ron has a baseball card. Atlanta Braves Sports Trading Cards printed his baseball car.
Did Ron Gant had Car Accident?
Yes, Ron had an accident in February 2005. His right leg was broken in a motorcycle accident. His car collided with a pickup truck in Fulton County, Georgia, killing the truck driver. After the accident, he underwent surgery at Piedmont Hospital for a compound fracture.
What is the height of Ron Gant?
Ron stands at the height of 6 feet tall and his body weight is approximately 78 kilograms. He has an alluring pair of black eyes and he has bald hair.