Estimated Age and Net Worth 2023 of Romesh Ranganathan; Who is His Wife? Bio | Family & Eyes
Facts of Romesh Ranganathan
|January 30, 1978
|Stand -Up Comedian, Actor
|5 feet 9 inches (1.75m)
|Crawley, West Sussex, England
|Reigate Grammar School, Hazelwick School, Birkbeck College, University of London.
|Theo Ranganathan, Charlie Ranganathan, Alex Ranganathan
|Romesh Ranganathan Twitter
|Romesh Ranganathan Instagram
|View more / View less Facts of Romesh Ranganathan
Romesh Ranganathan is in the media limelight as a British stand-up comedian and actor after appearing on the show, It’s Not Rocket Science. He appeared along with Rachel Riley and Ben Miller for the show in 2016. His self-deprecating humor made him earn the title of deadpan.
Early Life of Romesh Ranganathan
Romesh Ranganathan enters the earth on January 30, 1978, in Crawley, West Sussex, England. As of now, Romesh is 45 years old. His birth sign is Aquarius and cuts his birthday cake on the 30th of January. He was born to Sri Lankan- British parents, Ranga Ranganathan (father) and Shanthi Ranganathan (mother).
His brother, Dinesh Ranganathan works as Customer Success Manager at Collins Aerospace. Romesh lost his father on December 13, 2011. He holds British nationality and is of mixed ethnicity (Sri Lankan Tamil). Romesh follows the Hindu religion. He joined Reigate Grammar School from 1990 to 1992. He studied at Hazelwick School. Then, he studied Mathematics at Birkbeck College, University of London.
Romesh Ranganathan’s Wife
He married Leesa Ranganathan, a drama teacher. Leesa and Romesh met when Romesh was struggling as a comedian in the entertainment industry. In 2009, he walked down the aisle with Leesa in the presence of their close ones.
Romesh Ranganathan, Father of Three
Leesa and Romeshis were blessed with three sons, Theo Ranganathan, Charlie Ranganathan, and Alex Ranganathan.
Net Worth & Salary of Romesh Ranganathan
Ranganathan has a net worth of around $1.5 million as of 2023. This is the outcome of his career as an English comedian and has a salary of $400k.
Height & Tattoos of Romesh Ranganathan
Romesh stands at a height of 5 feet 9 inches and weighs 55 kg. He has a black eye with natural black hair color. He pierced the name of his two sons right after their birth.
Romesh also has a tattoo of his member, Metalhead’s face on his leg. Some of the tattoos he pierced on his body are the Transformers’ Autobot logo, American stand-up comedian Richard Pryor, and hip hop band The Roots.
Comedy Career of Romesh Ranganathan
- Romesh started his career as a mathematics teacher at Hazelwick School.
- He also worked as a teacher at The Beacon School, Banstead, Surrey.
- In March 2014, he worked at Newsjack on Radio 4 Extra.
- He also appeared on a show, The Great British Bake Off: An Extra Slice.
- Ranganathan has made guest appearances on a Panel game show 8 Out of 10 episodes of Cats Does Countdown.
- He has appeared on various comedy shows including Would I Lie to You?, Holby City, Soccer AM, The Last Leg and Mock the Week.
- Ranganathan co-presented a new entertainment series for ITV called It’s Not Rocket Science alongside Ben Miller and Rachel Riley in 2016.
- His popular standup shows are Irrational Live, The Cynics Mixtape, The Cynic, and Hustle.
- He appeared in shows like Mock the Week, The Great British Bake Off: An Extra Slice, and Big Fat Quiz of the Year.
Books, Movies & TV shows
He released two books now. In 2018, he published Straight Outta Crawley: Memoirs of a Distinctly Average Human. He also released As Good As It Gets: Life Lessons from a Reluctant Adult in 2020.
His popular movie is Cinderella and Chicken Run: Dawn of the Nugget. Live at the Apollo, Yonderland, Taskmaster, and The Misadventures of Romesh Ranganathan are some of his popular shows.
Awards and Nominations
- In 2013, he was nominated for Best Newcomer at Edinburgh Comedy Awards.
- He won the title of Best New Show for Dave’s Leicester Comedy Award in 2015.
FAQs of Romesh Ranganathan
Why is Romesh Ranganathan known by his middle name?
His real name is Jonathan Romesh Ranganathan and he is known by his middle name because his parents thought it too ethnic when applying for jobs as an adult. He mentioned his name in one of his shows.
Is Romesh Ranganathan involved in Charity?
Yes, he is in charity. Since 2017, he continuously operates the Comic Relief charity with Emma Willis and David Tennant.
What is wrong with Romesh Ranganathan’s eyes?
Romesh’s right eye is infected. Due to this, he has right-sided ptosis or lazy eye.
Is Romesh Ranganathan vegan?
Yes, he is a vegan. He only consumes a plant-based diet since 2013.
Who is Romesh Ranganathan?
Romesh is a famous British stand-up comedian and actor who has various appearances on comedy panel shows and co-presented “It’s Not Rocket Science”, a British television show in the year 2016.