Rodney Hood an American professional basketball shooting guard. Currently, he is playing side Portland Trail Blazers of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
Early Life of basketballer-Hood
Rodney Hood was born on 20th October 1992, in Meridian, Mississippi, to their father, Ricky Hood, and his mother, Vicky Hood. As of 2019, he is 27 years old and his birth sign is Libra.
His father went to become the director of East Mississippi’s Boys and Girls Club whereas his mother became Newton High School’s Principal. He grew up alongside his siblings, sister, Whitney Hood, and brother, Ricky Hood, Jr.
By nationality, he is an American and is of Afro-American ethnicity. He enrolled at Meridian High School in his hometown, where he initially started his basketball career. During his junior year, he recorded 22.1 points, 6.2 rebounds, with 4.4 assists per game, leading the team to the Class 6A championship game.
Upon graduation, Hood attended Mississippi State University as he had committed in October of 2010. Later on, he transferred to Duke University.
How Tall is Rodney Hood?
Rodney has a height of 6 feet 8 inches and a weight of 93 kg. His physical endowments qualify him to play comfortably as a basketballer. Similarly, he has black hair and black eyes.
Net Worth and Salary of Rodney Hood along with His Contract
As of 2019, Hood has an estimated net worth of over $4 million. Currently, he signed to Portland Trail Blazers, his annual salary is reported as $3,472,887. Previously, he was signed to Cleveland Cavaliers, where he pocketed $3,472,887 per annum as his salary. Furthermore, his total basketball earning is recorded at $9,905,071.
His only source of earning is his professional basketball career as he has not revealed any information related to his other business and endorsement deals. As per riding, he owns Royal Royce. However, he will maximize his value and attract more generous offers from league executives in the nearest future.
Who is Rodney Hood Wife?
Rodney Hood is happily married to his wife Richa Jackson. He tied the wedding knot with his fiance Richa Jackson on 29th July 2016. The couple welcomed their first child, Rodney Hood Jr. at around 9 a.m. Sunday, on 3rd January 2016.
Likewise, the couple welcomed a twin son on April 18, 2018. They are Riley and Rich Hood. The couple along with their children are living happily.
Rodney Hood’s Career
- On the 26th of June 2014, Hood picked the 23rdoverall pick in the 2014 NBA draft by the Utah Jazz.
- He professionally signed to Utah Jazz on 11th July 2014 where he remained for long years before being traded to Cleveland Cavaliers.
- He had a season-best game on 16th March 2015 against Charlotte Hornets where he recorded 24 points on 9-of-11 from the field and 5-of-5 from 3-points range which led the Jazz to record their 6th straight win with 94-66.
- Hood played four seasons representing Utah in 227 games. On 8th February 2018, Hood was traded to Cleveland Cavaliers in a 3-team trade that also involved the Jazz with the Sacramento Kings.
- Similarly, at Cavaliers, he was assigned jersey No.1.
- He made his Cavaliers debut on 11th February alongside Lebron James, Kyle Korver, and Kevin Love in a 121-99 win over the Boston Celtics as well.