Rajat Sharma Net Worth 2022, Married to Wife, Dhawan with Family
Facts of Rajat Sharma
|Full Name:||Rajat Sharma|
|Birth Date:||February 18, 1957|
|Profession:||Indian journalist and TV anchor|
|Height:||5 feet 11 inches (1.80m)|
|Net Worth||$16 Million|
|Salary||$4 Million Annually|
|Education||Sri Ram College of Commerce|
|Rajat Sharma Facebook|
|Rajat Sharma Twitter|
|Rajat Sharma Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Rajat Sharma|
Rajat Sharma is the current chairman and editor-in-chief of India TV. Similarly, a host of Aap Ki Adalat and Aaj Ki Baat news bulletin.
Early Life of Rajat Sharma
Rajat was born on 18th February 1957 in Delhi, India to a poor family. His birth sign is Aquarius. Rajat faced many difficulties and hardships while growing up. He grew up in extreme poverty, living in a 100 square foot home in India with his six brothers and one sister, an ailing mother, father, and sister that too without any water and electricity.
His nationality is Indian who belongs to the Asian ethnicity. Rajat Sharma has an average height and he is 5 feet 11 inches tall. Similarly, his weight is about 70 Kgs. His eyes are black and his hair is also black. His sexual orientation is straight.
Study Under Railways Lamp Light
Schooling for him was the shabbiest municipality school, bathing was to do at a communal bathing house, and studying for him was like sitting under the lamp post at a nearby railway station at night.
He attended Sanatan Dharma Middle School till the 12th after which he could get admission into Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC), one of the premier colleges in the country for commerce studies. He is the former Delhi University Students Union Secretary in 1977 from ABVP.
Who is Rajat Sharma Wife?
The TV host & Journalist, Rajat Sharma married Ritu Dhawan in 1997. The couple looks really happy being together as a husband and wife. Well, his wife, Ritu Dhawan is the current Managing Director and CEO of India TV.
They are traveling their journey together for more than 22 years not facing downs. Dhawan and Sharma together launched India TV on May 20, 2004, just 2 days before BJP’s tenure. India TV is the channel of a company, Independent News Service. Ritu Dhawan and Rajat founded Independent News Service in 1998.
Is Saurav Sharma the Son of TV Founder Rajat Sharma?
Raja Sharma is married to his wife Ritu for more than 22 years. However, the couple has not revealed details about their kids. Saurav Sharma is not Rajat’s son. Only Rajat and Saurav’s professions are the same but not related by blood. There are rumors i.e Saurva is Rajat’s son.
What is the Net Worth and Salary of Rajat Sharma?
Rajat Sharma has an estimated net worth of around $16 Million dollars (Rs.107 Crores). Similarly, he earns an annual income of $4 million dollars (Rs.26 Crores). He is considered a strong force in the entrepreneurial line of news media.
Rajat Sharma recently bought a brand new BMW luxury car for Rs.65 Lakhs. The net worth of Rajat Sharma seems a hike of 22% over the past few years. After the next few years, Rajat Sharma’s net worth is likely to grow by around 29% as per some sources.
Rajat is an open BJP supporter and was a very active RSS member in his youth and still holds a soft corner for those institutions. Many journalists and people accused him of running a successful pro-Modi campaign before the election and is still running it now and enjoys political favors from the ruling government.
Researching Career led him to India TV Founder
- After finishing his study, Rajat Sharma worked as a researcher and subsequently started to write for magazines.
- He started his journalism career with Onlooker as a trainee reporter in 1982.
- Gradually, he climbed the ladder and was thus was promoted to chief of bureau in 1984 and editor in 1985.
- Additionally, he worked as an editor at Sunday Observer and The Daily.
- He began his TV career with Aap Ki Adalat, the interview program in the format of court. His first episode features Lalu Prasad Yadav and was aired on March 14, 1993.
- That time, the show was an instant hit and he gained a huge name and fame.
- That show still hosts many big figures from different fields and draws the attention of many people.
- In 2004, along with other journalists, he launched the India TV News channel and was highly applauded for the serious content of the channel.
- India TV is flourishing day by day and holds one of the best studios in India with state-of-the-art technology.
- AAP Ki Adalat with Narendra Modi just before the General elections was iconic and broke all TRP rating records of TV news viewership and paves the path for Modi for prime ministership.
- His other programs like Aaj Ki Baat, news bulletin, are also equally popular for his nature of asking direct questions but in a subtle way.
- Apart from that, Sharma did not allow the guest to run away without giving all relevant answers.
- He comes from a very honest background and rose to the top with his hard works. That’s why Rajat is India’s most powerful news editor to date.
- Concerning his awards, Rajat Sharma received Tarun Kranti Award in 2014 and Padma Bhushan by the Government of India in 2015 in the field of Literature and education.
- In 2014, the board of the News Broadcasters Association appointed Rajat as its president.
- The Sharma has been nominated for Indian Telly Award for Best Anchor as well as the Indian Telly Award for Best News Anchor.