Rachel Notley Bio, Age, Net Worth 2022, Salary, Husband, Kids, Height
Facts of Rachel Notley
|Full Name:||Rachel Notley|
|Birth Date:||April 17, 1964|
|Birth Place||Edmonton, Alberta|
|Education||University of Alberta ,Osgoode Hall Law School.|
|Siblings||Paul Notley and Stephen Notley|
|Kids||Ethan Arab, Sophie Arab|
|Rachel Notley Facebook|
|Rachel Notley Twitter|
|Rachel Notley Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Rachel Notley|
Rachel Notley is known as the 17th Premier of the Canadian Province of Alberta as the leader of the New Democratic Party (NDP). She took office on May 24, 2015, after holding her first caucus meeting on May 9.
Early Life of Rachel Notley
Notley was born on April 17, 1964, in Edmonton, Alberta, with a birth sign Aries. As of 2019, she is 55 years old. She is the daughter of Grant Notley (father) and Sandra Mary Wilkinson (mother). Rachel was raised outside of the town of Fairview, Alberta.
Rachel Notley has Two Siblings
Notley is a sister of Paul Notley and Stephen Notley, author and illustrator of Bob the Angry Flower. Rachel holds Canadian nationality and belongs to white ethnicity. She attended the University of Alberta and graduated from Osgoode Hall Law School. Likewise, she has blonde hair color and blue eyes color.
Married Life with Lou Arab
Rachel is a married woman. She married Lou Arab. There are not many details about how they met and their dating history also. According to the social sites, we are able to find out that this year’s 2019 they are celebrating their 20th anniversary. It means they are been together for two decades. The couple has two children named Ethan Arab, Sophie Arab.
In the post, she mentions that they were on the Indian Arm outside of Vancouver at a kids camp called Camp Jubilee. The ceremony was arranged by Tim Stevenson (then an MLA, currently a member of Vancouver City Council). And she got a dog Allie – as a birthday gift from Lou when she turned 30.
Rachel Notley’s Career
- Rachel is a Canadian politician and 17th prime minister from Alberta and has held the position since 2015.
- She is a member of the Legislative Assembly of Alberta for Edmonton-Strathcona and chairwoman of the New Democratic Party in Alberta.
- The daughter of former NDP leader Granta Notley was a lawyer before she went into politics.
- She focused on labor law, with a specialization in terms of compensation for workers and health and safety at work.
- Notley was first elected to the Legislative Assembly in 2008, succeeding former NDP leader Raj Pannu.
- Six years later, on October 18, 2014, Notley won the first ballot with 70% of the vote in the election of the Alberta New Democratic Party and led the party to a majority victory in the 2015 state elections (44) years of the Progressive Conservative Association of Alberta.
- In 1991, Notley led the subcommittee on electoral planning for the NDP in Alberta, two years before the provincial elections of 1993, excluding the party from the legislature. In 2000 she was again involved in provincial politics in Alberta after Pam Barrett resigned both as NDP chief Alberta and MLA for Edmonton Highlands.
- Notley traveled to Edmonton to help Brian Mason get the seat for the Alberta NDP, given the combined efforts of the Liberal Party of Alberta to take him back.
- On October 18, 2014, Notley won the leadership of the New Democratic Party of Alberta with 70% support.
- He followed Brian Mason and became the ninth party leader. She defeated MLA David Eggen and union leader Rod Loyola in the first ballot.
- Notley served not only as party leader but was also the critic for health, international and inter-state relations, women’s status, justice, and executive council.