R Jai Gillum Bio, Age, Net Worth 2022, Salary, Affairs, Husband, Kids
R Jai Gillum is the wife of American politician Andrew Gillum.
Early Life of R Jai Gillum
R Jai Gillum holds an American nationality and belongs to the black ethnic group. Gillum studied at Sidney Lanier High School from 1993 to 1996 before enrolling at the Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University, where she graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Biology.
She was also the student body vice president from 2000 to 2001 and proved her worth in both academics and extra-curricular activities. After completing her undergraduate degree, R. Jai obtained a degree in health, policy, and management from the same university.
Who is R Jail Gillum’s Husband?
R Jai Gillum is married to Andrew Gillum. She met Andrew when they were classmates at Florida A&M University. Both of them were members of the Student Government Association, but it wasn’t loved at first sight. First of all, Gillum liked her and thought of an innovative way to flirt with her.
After that also, both of them were concerned about their career so had to take separate ways. Then, they met by chance at the Governor’s Square Mall. A few months after this meeting, their mutual mentors at the university decided to get them together and that’s how they started dating. The couple finally married on May 24, 2009.
The couple is also blessed with three cute children, two of them are twin Jackson Gillum and Caroline Gillum. And the other one is a son named Davis Gillum. Similarly, the couple is living a blissful life together with her kids.
Net Worth and Salary of R Jai Gillum
Research showed that his husband has a net worth of around $334,200. Their assets include a home on Carisbrooke Lane, valued at $462,000, and two retirement accounts with the city of Tallahassee, including a 401(k) plan valued at $79,992.
- Gillum started her career as a gubernatorial fellow at the Florida Department of Health in 2004.
- After that, she worked in this capacity for a year before becoming a development coordinator for the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Big Bend for a year.
- She was an executive director at United Way of the Big Bend’s BEST Project, whose mission is to “help people achieve long-term financial stability and quality of life through services that help in the tax preparation.”
- She also served as the director of Income and Health Strategies for just over four years starting in 2012.
- Gillum had a six-month stint in 2012 as the development director at Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Big Bend.
- There she followed her position as the director of appointments at the Office of the Chief Financial Officer for the Florida Department of Financial Services between 2008 and 2011.
- Further, she was a staff director at the Florida Financial Literacy Council in the same department for a year before taking this position.
- As for now, she is currently the director of Foundation Affairs at the Florida Dental Association.
- And she has been serving in this capacity since October 2016.