Philip Defranco Wiki, Age, Net Worth, Salary, Wife, Kids, Height
Facts of Philip DeFranco
|Full Name:||Philip DeFranco|
|Birth Date:||December 1, 1985|
|Height:||6 feet 0 inches (1.83m)|
|Wife||Lindsay Jordan Doty|
|Married||Lindsay Jordan Doty(2015)|
|Net Worth||$ 8 million|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|Birth Place||Bronx in New York City|
|Education||East Carolina University|
|Father||Philip Franchini, Sr|
|Kids||Philip "Trey" DeFranco III, Carter William DeFranco|
|Youtube||Philip DeFranco Youtube|
|Philip DeFranco Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Philip DeFranco|
Philip DeFranco is a news commentator and an American YouTube personality.
DeFranco’s Early Life
Philip DeFranco was born on December 1, 1985, in the Bronx in New York City in the US. His birth name is Philip James Franchini Jr. As of 2019, he is 34 years old under the birth sign Sagittarius. He is the son of Philip Franchini, Sr, while his mother’s name is undercover.
Philip has a height of 6 feet and is an average weight. Defranco has dark brown hair and is of light brown eyes. Philip holds an American nationality and belongs to the Italian ethnicity.
His parents divorced when he was about 10 or 11 years old, and led his mother to move with him to Asheville, North Carolina, while his father married another woman working in a dealership.
Education and University
DeFranco studied biology at the University of South Florida and then at the Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College. He was also a junior at East Carolina University, but never received a bachelor’s degree.
He once lived in a car until he finally moved in with his father in Tampa, Florida, on the condition that he continue his college education, but unfortunately, he did not find his way back to the classroom.
Who is Philip Defranco Wife?
The YouTuber license fee is married to longtime girlfriend Lindsay Jordan Doty. Philip and his wife met on YouTube in 2007 when their online careers were still in their infancy. The YouTuber star finally proposed his travelogue treasure on August 16, 2013, to 600 fans attending his DeFranco Loves Dat AZ show in Tempe, Arizona.
The wedding took place on March 7, 2015, and was marked by a strong presence of YouTube elites like AlphaCat, Glozell, Jess Lizama, Shay Carl, Meghan Tonjes, and others. The high-profile event, which was abundantly featured on social media, was led by Michael Buckley, a Vlogger / Comedian / Internet personality.
The couple welcomed their first child together on April 22, 2014, exactly half a year after announcing in October 2013 that their first baby was on its way. DeFranco would later reveal that her son’s name is Philip James “Trey” DeFranco III.
Philp and Lindsay welcomed their second child on September 8, 2017, a son named Carter William Defranco. The YouTuber Royals happily live with their children in Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles.
He lives with a kidney disease called Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD), inherited from his father and grandfather. According to him, the disease “kills” his kidneys slowly. In 2017, he said that a certain man named James donated one of his kidneys to his father in 2013.
How much is Philip DeFranco’s Net Worth and Salary?
Thanks to his thriving online career, Philip DeFranco has achieved and maintained a steady cash flow. Its main YouTube channel has more than 6 million subscribers and more than 1,800,000,000 views. According to sources, his site receives more than 800,000 views daily, meaning he receives $ 1,200 a day in sales. The vlogger’s most popular video – “Youtube closes my channel and I do not know what to do” – was uploaded in 2016 and has over 6,000,000 views. If Philip earns $ 3 per 1,000 views, that means earning $18,000 in just one video.
Philip DeFranco has amassed $8 million net worth, which has helped him to improve his status in both the YouTube community and in real life.
A career as a YouTuber
- Philip DeFranco began his YouTube career as a student at East Carolina University.
- In 2006 he opened his first YouTube channel, “Sxe Phil”. At that time, there were not many people who published online content, and it was relatively easier to attract attention to his videos.
- Within a short time, DeFranco managed to win a small but loyal following, consisting mainly of teenage girls.
- His channel became even more popular after the premiere of “The Philip DeFranco Show” in 2007.
- The following year he starred with Jessica Rose and Kevin Wu in Hooking Up an HBOLabs web series.
- In January 2012, he created a news website and the YouTube channel SourceFed, originally produced by James Haffner.
- This new channel focused mainly on news, popular culture, and technology.
- The station proved highly successful, with over 1.7 million subscribers and 907 million video views before being hired in March 2017.
- Over the years, Philip DeFranco became more and more famous and in 2012 signed a contract with Revision3, an Internet television station.
- The following year, DeFranco’s assets, including “The Philip DeFranco Show,” were acquired by Revision3 and appointed Senior VP of a new Revision3 subsidiary, Phil DeFranco Networks, and Merchandise.
- Later in 2013, he launched another channel, ForHumanPeoples, which is basically a YouTube channel dedicated to his merchandise line.
- In addition to his social media career, DeFranco has also organized live shows and meet-up events in locations such as Arizona, Los Angeles, and Toronto.
- In May 2017, DeFranco founded DefrancoElite, a fan-fun initiative through the popular fan-funding site Paterson.
- He is now an independent creator and no longer affiliated with an MNC.
- Currently, he is also focusing on building his own “The Philip DeFranco Network”.