Paul Reubens Died of Cancer! Was He Ever Married? Millions of Net Worth | Movies
An American actor and comedian, Paul Reubens is in the media spotlight after playing and making the character role, Pee-wee Herman. After joining the Los Angeles troupe The Groundlings he stepped in his comedy and acting career.
His hit movie is Pee-wee, The Pee-wee Herman Show, and Pee-wee’s Big Adventure. He also appeared in the show, Pee-wee’s Playhouse between 1986 and 1990.
Early Life of Paul Reubens
On August 27, 1952, Paul Reubens was born Paul Rubenfeld in Peekskill, New York, United States. At the time of his death, he was only 71 years old. He was born under the sun sign of Virgo. He used to cuts his birthday cake annually on the 27th of August with his family and friends. His parents are Milton Rubenfeld (father) and Judy Rubenfeld (mother).
His father, Milton was a pilot while his mother was a teacher. He lost his father due to cancer in February 2004. His siblings are Abby Rubenfeld and Luke Rubenfeld. Abby is an American attorney while Luke works as a canine professional. His paternal grandparents are Aharon Louis Rubenfeld and Golda Yormark while Paul Rosen and Lillian are his maternal grandparents.
Paul had citizenship in America and belonged to an Ashkenazi Jewish ethnic background. He used to follow the Christianity religion. He studied at Sarasota High School and went to Plymouth State University for one semester. Then, he joined Boston University. He enrolled at the California Institute of the Arts and studied drama.
Two Failed Marriages of Paul Reubens
He was living a low-key single life at the time of his death. Paul was married two times in his lifetime. He was first married to Brooke Ashley.
His second wife is Charlene Gail. Charlene met Paul with the help of Jim Nabors in Hawaii. They tied the wedding knot in an impromptu mock wedding ceremony at Doris Duke’s Honolulu estate, Shangri La in 1989. He announced his temporary marriage with the help of registerer, Imelda Marcos in September 1999.
His Past Relationships
He was also rumored with an actress, Elizabeth Daily. Paul and Valeria Golino, an actress even attend Academy Awards in between their dating rumor surfaced in 1988.
He was also in a relationship with an actress, Debi Mazar. They first met in 1993 and dated each other until 1999. Debi helps him to overcome the darkest period of his life which he shared in an interview in 201o.
Paul Reubens’s Net Worth
As of 2023, Paul had an estimated net worth of $5 Million. Paul was able to collect this fortune from his successful professional career. His monthly salary was $45k.
Paul Reubens was Arrested Twice
Paul was arrested on the charge of misdemeanor possession of child pornography in 2010. Due to this, he spent three years of probation. After that, he was again arrested for loitering and prowling near an adult theater in 1971.
He was also arrested for involving in child pornography while filming David LaChapelle’s video for Elton John‘s, This Train Don’t Stop There Anymore in November 2002. Police collected 70,000 items of kitsch memorabilia, two grainy videotapes, and dozens of photographs from his house as well, and turned himself in to the police.
Paul Reubens Died at 70
He left this beautiful universe on July 30, 2023, at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. Paul was only 70 years old. The main reason behind his death is cancer and he suffered from cancer secretly for six years. His death was announced via Instagram:
“Last night we said farewell to Paul Reubens, an iconic American actor, comedian, writer and producer whose beloved character Pee-wee Herman delighted generations of children and adults with his positivity, whimsy and belief in the importance of kindness,”
His Weight Loss Journey
During his acting career, he was one of the actors who maintained his body weight steady by shedding pounds of weight. Paul made his body weight steady by doing regular exercise and eating a balanced diet. Besides this, he has also done a facelift but he never admitted to his surgery.
Professional Career of Paul Reubens
- He debuted in comedy by playing gigs at clubs and appeared on The Gong Show in 1977.
- Paul also made a comedy act with Charlotte McGinnis, called The Hilarious Betty and Eddie.
- He played the role of a waiter in the movie, The Blues Brothers, in 1980.
- In 1992, he played the role of super villain, Penguin in the movie, Batman Returns.
- He appeared in the series, Murphy Brown as a guest from 1995 to 1997.
- Paul played in the tv show, Pee-wee’s Playhouse Christmas Special in 1998.
- He produced movies like Pee-wee’s Big Adventure, Big Top Pee-wee, and Pee-wee’s Playhouse.
- He appeared in movies like Blow, Reno 911!: Miami, The Smurfs, and The Smurfs 2.
- Paul lent his voice to the supporting character in the series, Tron: Uprising.
- He appears in the movie, Pee-wee’s Big Holiday as co-producer, co-writer, and the lead role in 2016.
Movies & TV Shows
His hit movies are Pee-wee’s Big Adventure, Pee-wee’s Big Holiday, Matilda, The Pee-wee Herman Show, Big Top Pee-wee, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. He played in tv shows like The Blacklist, Gotham, Minecraft: Story Mode, Tron: Uprising, Mosaic, Faerie Tale Theatre, You Don’t Know Jack, and Reno 911.
Awards & Nominations
- He won Grammy Award for Best Audio Book, Narration & Storytelling Recording in 2004.
- He also won Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Main Title and Graphic Design for Pee-wee’s Playhouse in 1991 ·
- In 2011, he was nominated at Nominee Primetime Emmy in the criteria of Outstanding Variety, Music, or Comedy Special for
The Pee-Wee Herman Show.
- He received the nomination for Best Male Vocal Performance in a Television Series in a Guest Role, Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero at BTVA Television Voice Acting Award in 2016.
- He was nominated for Gotham Independent Film Award for Best Ensemble Performance in 2010.
FAQs of Paul Reubens
What is Paul Reubens’s Height?
Paul had a tall height of 5 feet 11 inches and a body weight of 72 kg. Ruebens’s body measurement was 43-39-14 inches. Paul had a beautiful pair of brown colored eyes and hair and used to wear a shoe size of 8(US).
Was Paul Reubens rumored as Gay?
Yes, Paul was rumored as gay. However, he never accepted his sexual orientation as gay in public.
Why did Paul Reubens change his name?
He changed his name because he was interested in theater and acting. So, he changed his name from Paul Rubenfeld to Paul Reubens.
Did Eminem spoof Paul Reubens?
Yes, Eminem spoof Paul in his video titled, Just Lose It. Due to this, Michael Jackson threatened to sue Eminem.
Was Paul Reubens an addict?
Yes, he was a cigarette addict. He used to smoke hiding while performing in his costume far away from kids.