Patty Duke Bio, Age, Net Worth 2022, Relationship, Death, Height, Movies
Facts of Patty Duke
|Full Name:||Patty Duke|
|Birth Date:||December 19, 1946|
|Death Date:||March 29, 2016|
|Height:||5 feet 0 inches (1.52m)|
|Break Up||Desi Arnaz|
|Divorce||Harry Falk, John Astin, Michael Tell|
|Net Worth||$10 millions|
|Birth Place||Elmhurst, Queens, New York|
|Father||John Patrick Duke|
|Kids||Mackenzie, Kevin, Sean|
|View more / View less Facts of Patty Duke|
Patty Duke was a famous American actress who is popular for her expertise in stage, television, and TV movies. She began acting at a quite early age of 16 years and won an Academy Award for her role as Helen Keller in the 1982 blockbuster, The Miracle Worker.
Early Days of Actress-Patty Duke
Patty Duke was born Anna Marie Duke on 14th December 1946, in Elmhurst, Queens, New York under the birth sign of Sagittarius. If she was alive she would be at the age of 73 years. She was born to John Patrick Duke (father) and Frances Margaret (mother). Patty holds an American nationality and belongs to the Irish-German ethnicity. She was the youngest among the three children.
Furthermore, her father was an alcoholic and a mother who suffered from clinical depression and was a victim of violence. Duke and her two older brothers had the most difficult childhood.
Net Worth and Salary of Patty Duke
Patty Duke has an estimated net worth of around $10 million while her salary is still under the wrap. She acted in her last big-screen movie in the year 2012 and during the last years of her career was just busy in a series, Liv and Maddie.
However, Patty is not famous to endorse any brands, so her income is quite low (in comparison with other actors). But she got some cash from selling off her autobiographical book, Call Me Anna.
Duke’s Four Time Married Life
Patty Duke had a handful of men in her life. She was married four times in her life. Her first marriage was with Harry Falk which lasted from the year 1965 to the year 1969. At the age of 23, she was romantically involved with Desi Arnaz, actor John Astin and rock promoter Michael Tell all at the same time.
In the same year, she broke off her relationship with Arnaz. Soon after her break-up, Duke discovered that she was pregnant, and to give her child a name, she married Michael Tell but the marriage lasted for just 13 days.
In her autobiography, Patty disclosed that her marriage to Michael was never consummated and that John was actually the biological father of her son, Sean Astin who was born in the year 1970. In the year 1972, she married John Astin and they had a second son, Mackenzie in 1973. They were married for 13 years before going their separate ways in the year 1985.
After her third failed marriage, Duke got married to Michael Pearce for the fourth time in the year 1986. However, the couple adopted a son, Kevin in the year 1989. She remained married to him until her death in the year 2016.
What is the Cause of Patty Duke’s Death?
Patty Duke’s height was 5 feet with a weight of 50 kg. Her hair was grey and her eyes were blue in color. She died on the morning of 29th March 2016 in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. She died of sepsis from a ruptured intestine at the age of 69. Her son, Sean invited the public to contribute to a mental health foundation in his mother’s name, the Patty Duke Mental Health Initiative.
Duke’s Career as an Actress
- Talking about her professional career, Duke got to acting because of her brothers, John, and Ethel Ross, who changed her name to Patty and eventually became her guardians as well.
- Firstly, she first began with Ad commercials before landing a few movie roles here and there. One of her earliest roles was in the soap opera The Brighter Day which aired in the year 1950.
- Moreover, Patty was also featured in a television adaptation of Meet Me in St. Louis where she portrayed the role of Tootie Smith in the film version by Margaret O’Brien.
- She came to the limelight when she starred as Helen Keller in the 1962 Broadway play, The Miracle Worker.
- Her performance in the film, earned her an Academy Award at the early age of 16, making her the youngest recipient of the award at that time. Also, she won the Golden Globe.
- Furthermore, with the success of The Miracle Worker, by the year 1962, Duke was already starring on her own sitcom, The Patty Duck Show.
- Moreover, Patty also got involved in music which was a huge success.
- With her top 10 debut album Don’t Just Stand There, she became a name to reckon with in the world of entertainment.
- In the year 1967, she starred in the cult classic Valley of The Dolls and indie film Me, Natalie 1969 which earned her a second Golden Globe Award.
- By the 1980s, she had paid her dues in the industry.
- From the year 1985 to the year 1988, she was the president of the Screen Actors Guild. She remained active in the industry until her unfortunate demise in the year 2016.
- Moreover, her other works include The Rescue of Jessica McClure, Flight for Life, Everybody’s Baby: Family of Strangers When He Didn’t Come Home.