What’s Pat Patterson Cause of Death? His Bio, Net Worth, Wife , Husband
Facts of Pat Patterson
|Full Name:||Pat Patterson|
|Birth Date:||January 19, 1941|
|Death Date:||December 2, 2020|
|Net Worth||$10 Million|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|View more / View less Facts of Pat Patterson|
Canadian–American professional wrestler, Pat Patterson was recognized for his long tenure in the professional wrestling promotion WWE. Also, he worked as a creative consultant and producer.
Life Before Fame
On January 19, 1941, Pat Patterson was born into an impoverished French-speaking family in the Ville-Marie. But his parents migrated to Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Pat held Candian-American nationality and was of mixed ethnicity. He was raised Roman Catholic and altar boy.
Then he started training to wrestle at the age of 14 at Loisirs Saint Jean Baptiste. He had always expressed his interest to a priest in becoming one himself. But a priest advised it would not have worked, because he was “too adventurous”.
First Openly Gay Wrestler Pat Patterson Personal Life
In the early 1970s, Patterson openly came out as gay. Also, it created a lot of rumors and controversy. Jim Ross had made several jokes about his sexuality on commentary. But it doesn’t affect his personal life. Pat Patterson had been in a romantic relationship with Louie Dondero. They started their relationship in the year 1958. The duo has a blissful love life.
Patterson’s life love ended after his partner Louie died on June 28, 1998, the same night as King of the Ring. Dondero’s main cause of death is a heart attack. They were together for more than 40 years as mentioned by Patterson on WWE Legends’ House. After his partner died, he remained single until his death which shows his love for his late partner.
Patterson’s sexuality was not acknowledged publicly or in WWE storylines until the season finale of WWE Legends’ House, which aired June 12, 2014. Also, NBC News described Pat as “the first openly gay pro wrestling star.” Then People magazine described him as the “First Gay Wrestling Star” as well.
Patterson underwent emergency heart surgery to remove a cyst from his coronary artery in August 2006. He recovered from his operation and was released from the hospital. In the year 2008, he legally changed his name to Pat Patterson
What’s the Cause of Pat Patterson Death?
On December 2nd, 2020, Pat passed away at a Miami, Florida, hospital. He rushed to the hospital but it was late and the doctors couldn’t save him. At the age of 79, Patterson left this world.
Pat’s prime cause of death is because liver failure caused by a blood clot. After his death, many figures in the wrestling world openly paid their respects to Patterson, as both an in-ring performer and as a behind-the-scenes figure.
What’s Pat Patterson Net Worth?
Definitely, he had collected the hefty sum of money from his professional career. Pat Patterson had an estimated net worth of $10 million at the time of his death according to celebrity net worth. So, he earned this hefty worth of his wrestler career.
Also, he had invested his money in business and considered him one of the successful businessmen as well. During his lifetime, he lived a lavish life out of his money. As per reports, he also spent his worth on different charity work. In conclusion, we can say Patterson had collected a hefty net worth through his professional career.
Pat Patterson’s Career
- In the year 1958, he made his wrestling debut when he was 17.
- In his first few years wrestling, Pat performed as “Killer Pat Patterson”.
- Then he moved to the United States to pursue a professional wrestling career full-time in 1962.
- He only spoke his native French at that point.
- Then soon he was recruited to join Pacific Northwest Wrestling, followed by Big Time Wrestling, then Champion Wrestling from Florida, and a series of other regional associations.
- In the year 1979, he joined the World Wrestling Federation. Then it was finally renamed WWE for the rest of his life.
- Patterson was the very first WWF Intercontinental Champion who held the WWF North American Heavyweight Championship and the WWF Hardcore Championship.
- In the year 1996, he was inducted into the WWF Hall of Fame for inventing the Royal Rumble match.
- Also, he was the first openly gay professional wrestler.