Who is the Father of Norah Jones? Bio, Husband, Net Worth2023
American singer-songwriter, actress, and pianist Norah Jones rose to prominence with her debut album Come Away with Me (2002) which is a fusion of jazz, pop, and country music.
What is the Age of Norah Jones?
The full name of the singer-songwriter is Geetali Norah Jones Shankar. Norah opened her eyes to this beautiful world on 30th March 1979. She was born in New York, the United States of America. As of now, her age is 44 years old while her star sign is Aries. She is the daughter of Sue Jones (mother) and Ravi Shankar (father). Her mother is an American concert producer while her father is an Indian musician.
By nationality, Norah is an American while she belongs to a mixed ethnical background (Indian, English, Scottish, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish). She has a half-brother, Shubhendra Shankar, and a half-sister, Anoushka Shankar. Her half-brother is a graphic artist, musician, and composer while her half-sister is a sitar player and composer.
After the separation of her parents in the year 1986, Norah grew up in a suburb of Dallas where she spent her entire childhood with her mother. Her mother’s collection of music helped Norah to build an early inspiration for her own music taste.
Norah took piano and voice lessons and began to sing songs in church. She officially changed her name to Norah at the age of 16. She decided to leave Texas for New York City in the year 1999 to start her career. After that, she formed a band with Jesse Harris, and her all recordings became bestsellers.
Where did Norah Jones go to study?
Norah attended Colleyville Middle School, and Grapevine High School, and later, transferred to Booker T. Washington High School in Dallas. She even won two DownBeat Student Music Awards for Best Jazz Vocalist and one for Best Original Composition in her high school days.
After completing her high school education, she joined the University of North Texas (UNT). She majored in jazz piano and sang with the UNT Jazz Singers from the university.
Is Norah Jones Married?
Yes, Norah is a married woman. She is married to her husband, Pete Remm at an intimate wedding. It seems they are quite secretive regarding their personal life. They share two beautiful children together whose names are yet to be disclosed. As of now, they are living a happy and peaceful life with their children without any sign of divorce or extramarital affairs.
Previously, Norah was in a romantic relationship with an American bassist, songwriter, and music producer, Lee Alexander. Her ex-boyfriend is famous for his works on albums like Come Away with Me, Feels Like Home, and Not Too Late. They started dating back in the year 2000. After dating for 7 years, they decided to separate ways in the year 2007.
How much is Norah Jones’s Net Worth?
As per Celebritynetworth, Norah has an estimated net worth of around $25 million as of 2023. The main source of her income is her successful long-term career as a singer, songwriter, actress, and pianist. According to some online resources, the average salary of an American actress is around $91k per year.
What is the Weight of Norah Jones?
Norah stands at an average height of 5 feet 1 inch while her body weight is around 53 kg. She has got a beautiful pair of dark brown color eyes with shiny and silky brown color hair
Norah Jones’s Musical Career
- After shifting to New York City, Norah Jones signed a recording contract with Blue Note Records in 2001.
- In 2002, she released her first debut solo album, Come Away with Me.
- After that, she released her second debut album, Feels Like Home in the year 2004.
- Her other hit release is Not Too Late (2007), The Fall (2009), Little Broken Hearts (2012), and many more.
Acting Career of Norah
- Besides her singing career, Norah has appeared in numerous movies and tv shows.
- She started her acting career with My Blueberry Nights, a drama movie directed by Wong Kar Wai in the year 2007.
- Some of her famous works in movies, tv shows, and documentaries are Saturday Night Live, Two Weeks Notice, Sesame Street, 30 Rock, Tony Bennett: Duets II, They Came Together, and many more.
- To date, Norah’s album has earned five Grammy Awards which include the Album of the Year, Record of the Year, and Best New Artist.
- Billboard magazine named Norah as the top jazz artist of the 2000–2009 decade.
- Also, she has received five Billboard Music Awards, and four World Music Awards.
FAQ of Norah Jones
How old is Norah Jones?
Norah is 44 years old as of 2023. She was born on 30th March 1979, in New York, the United States of America.
Which ethnic background does Norah Jones belong to?
Norah belongs to a mixed (Indian, English, Scottish, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish) ethnic background.
How much is Norah Jones’s net worth?
Norah Jones’s net worth is estimated to be $25 million.