Niki Lauda Wiki, Age, Net Worth 2022, Salary, Wife, Kids, Height
Facts of Niki Lauda
|Full Name:||Niki Lauda|
|Birth Date:||February 22, 1949|
|Death Date:||May 20, 2019|
|Profession:||Former Formula One Driver|
|Height:||5 feet 7 inches (1.70m)|
|Married||Birgit Wetzinger (2008)|
|Net Worth||$200 million|
|Father||Emst Peter Lauda|
|Kids||Christoph Lauda, Lucas Lauda, Mathias Lauda, Max Lauda, Mia Lauda|
|View more / View less Facts of Niki Lauda|
Niki Lauda was an Austrian former Formula One driver. He had won three times for F1 World’s Driver Champion in 1975, 1977, as well as 1984. Similarly, he was also known as Andreas Nikolaus Lauda, The Rat.
Early Life of Niki Lauda
Niki Lauda was born in Vienna, Austria on February 22, 1949, to parents Emst Peter Lauda and Elisabeth Lauda. His birth sign was Pisces. He belonged to Austrian nationality, and his ethnicity was European.
What did Niki Lauda Die off?
Niki has often suffered health problems over the past twenty years. In Sept. 2018, he fell ill when he was on vacation in Ibiza and was immediately taken to the hospital back in Vienna. Unfortunately, at the age of 70, during his diagnosis of kidney problems, Niki was found dead at the University Hospital of Zurich.
How much was Niki Lauda Net Worth?
He used to receive around $2 million per year. His net worth was $200 million at the time of his death in 2019. Moreover, he made $43 million by his brand endorsement F1 and winning F1 World Champion.
|Net Worth in 2019||$200 million|
|Net Worth in 2018||In a Review|
|Annual Salary||$2 Million|
|Source of Income As||Former Formula One driver|
Similarly, among his personal cars Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona worth $365,000, Jaguar XJs worth $59,990, Alfetta GT worth $17,662.7, Ferrari 308GTB worth $100,000-$200,000, was seen driven by him. In the year 2015, he bought New Bombardier Global 7000 Aircraft worth $73 million. He lived a lavish lifestyle in a luxurious way until his death.
Was Alesha Dixon Married? Who was His Wife?
Lauda was married twice in his lifetime. Previously, he married Marlene Knaus in 1976 who is a model. The couple has two sons namely Mathias and Lukas. Besides this, he has a son Christoph Lauda out of an extra-marital affair. The marriage did not go good so they decided to get divorced in 1991.
Again, he married Birgit Wetzinger in 2008, who was a flight attendant. The couple welcomed twins in 2009, a boy named Max and a girl named, Mia.
When Niki was ill and needed to have a new kidney transplant due to the failure of the kidney he received in 1997 from his brother, lovingly, his wife Birgit gave up one of hers to save him. On the 2nd of August 2018, in his native Austria, he successfully underwent a lung transplant operation.
However, he has done double marriage which made gossip for media. Apart from that, he had also a child with his extra-affair which made him shameful towards the public. Hence, he has always been a controversial person since his childhood and as in the growing year, he has been called the controversial person in the media and also towards the public.
Once there was a rumor that Nico Rosberg might be contemplating a switch to Ferrari for 2017. As he is no more in this world, there are no rumors about him.
- On April 15, 1968, he started his journey as a racing driver. Similarly, he participated in a motor race excelling in the hills at Muhlbach.
- Consequently, he secured the third position in his first ‘World Championship’ at the ‘Italian Grand Prix’ held in Monza.
- Then, he went on to win the ‘United States GP’ held at the Watkins Glen village. In contrast, he secured second place at his debut race under ‘Ferrari’ at the ‘Argentine Grand Prix’.
- After three more races he won his first ‘Grand Prix’ in the ‘Spanish Grand Prix’.It was ‘Ferrari’s first since 1972.
- Despite he became the pacesetter of the season, the only other race he won that year was the ‘Dutch GP’.
- On 8th February 2018, he became the Brand Ambassador of Novomatic, ExCeL London. Hunt became the best racer by winning five more champions.
- Concerning his achievements, he is a three-time F1 World Champion; he won his first championship in 1974, the second championship in 1977, and the third championship in 1985.
- Besides this, he has won 25 championships in his racing career.