Mike Vitar Bio, Age, Net Worth 2022, Salary, Wife, Kids, Height, Movies,
Facts of Mike Vitar
|Full Name:||Mike Vitar|
|Birth Date:||December 21, 1978|
|Height:||6 feet 0 inches (1.83m)|
|Net Worth||$300 thousand|
|Birth Place||Los Angeles, California|
|Education||St. Francis High School|
|Siblings||Elizabeth and Pablo|
|Mike Vitar Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Mike Vitar|
Michael Anthony “Mike” Vitar is an American former actor. He had an appearance in “Benny the Jet” as Benjamin Franklin and as Luis Rodriguez in The Sandlot and as Luis Mendoza in D2: The Mighty Ducks and D3: The Mighty Ducks.
How old is Mike Vitar?
Mike Vitar was born on December 21st, 1978, in Los Angels, California. As of 2019, he is 41 years old and his sun sign is Sagittarius. No identity of his parents is missing. He is the youngest of three children.
His older brother Pablo did the older version of his character Benny, in The Sandlot. Later on, he joined the Los Angeles Police Department back in 1996. He died on 2008 January 29 after being diagnosed with Colon Cancer. His older sister is called Elizabeth.
Mike’s nationality is American and belongs of Cuban descent. He studied at St. Francis High School in La Canada, California, graduating in 1997. Employed at Gerber Ambulance in Torrance since 1996, he used the experience as a stepping stone to his current profession as a firefighter. In June 2002, he joined the Los Angeles Fire Department.
Is Mike Vitar Married?
In the year 2006, Mike Vitar married Kym Vitar (Allen), years after abandoning their acting career. They walk down the aisle right after a year of their engagement. Mike and Kym Vitar have three adorable children; two sons and a daughter.
Concerning his scandals and rumors, in late 2015, Vitar, along with another off-duty fireman, Eric Carpenter, and a third man, Thomas Molnar, allegedly beat up 22-year-old Samuel Chang for “handing out candies to children”. They broke Chang’s jaw and left him in a coma with severe brain damage while accusing him of being a pedophile.
Both Victor and Molnar were charged with one count of ‘assault by means of force likely to produce great bodily injury in December. On the other hand, Carpenter faced ‘personally inflicting great bodily injury on the victim’ charges. Though initially, Vitar facing a possible four-year sentence, he managed to escape imprisonment and instead had to pay US$ 2,000 to Chang and was suspended from work for six months without pay.
What is the Net Worth and Salary of Mike Vitar?
Mike has been able to garner an estimated net worth of $300 thousand as of 2022. Similarly, he purchased his Chatsworth, California house for $665,000 back in 2004. The 4-bed, 4-bath house sits on a 3,506 sq ft. An award-winning ex-actor of Hollywood has certainly garnered notable fortune.
Mike Vitar’s Height and Weight
With an alluring height of 6 feet, he attains a fit body. He gained through enormous physical workouts and a nutritious diet routine. Similarly, he has brown eyes and black hair.
Mike Vitar on Social Sites
Keeping low-profile, Vitar hasn’t registered in social media like Facebook as well as Twitter.
Mike Vitar’s Career
- When he was 12, Mike Vitar was seen by a casting manager in a line for a ride at a school carnival.
- In the year 1991, he made his debut as Arturo in Peter Maris’ action thriller ‘Diplomatic Immunity’.
- In the same year, he debuted on television as well, portraying the character Anthony Gambuzza, in the episode ‘Boys of Summer’ of ‘Brooklyn Bridge’, a CBS family drama about a Jewish American family living in Brooklyn in the 1950s.
- He worked with Peter Weller in the year 1993 neo-noir mystery film ‘Sunset Grill’. Set in Los Angeles, the movie depicts a police officer-turned-private-investigator trying to uncover a mystery involving illegal immigrants from Mexico.
- The movie ‘The Sandlot’ (1993) came right after. Mike simply shone as the kind, generous, and talented Benjamin Franklin “Benny the Jet” Rodriguez and Lead a cast of primarily adolescent actors.
- The film not only received positive reviews from critics. But also, it grossed $33 million at the box office.
- The ageless plot of underdogs triumphing over insurmountable odds combined with likable characters has ensured the movie’s cult status.
- While Vitar wasn’t part of the original ‘Mighty Duck film in 1992, his acting in ‘The Sandlot’ convinced the makers of the first sequel ‘D2: The Mighty Ducks’ to cast him as Luis Mendoza, jersey #22. Despite garnering poor reviews, the film managed to earn $45.6 million at the box office.
- He reprised the role in 1996’s ‘D3: The Mighty Ducks’, the third film in the trilogy.
- Over the last 21 years, these films have become cult classics as well.
- He made guest appearances in ABC’s ‘NYPD Blue’ (1996) and CBS’s ‘Chicago Hope’ (1997) before announcing his retirement from acting in 1997.