Michael Oher Bio, Age, Net Worth 2022, Salary, Married, Sister, Height
Facts of Michael Oher
|Full Name:||Michael Oher|
|Birth Date:||May 28, 1986|
|Height:||6 feet 4 inches (1.93m)|
|Net Worth||$14 million|
|Birth Place||Memphis, Tennessee|
|Education||University of Mississippi|
|Father||Michael Jerome Williams|
|Siblings||Sean, collins Tuohy, and unknown|
|Michael Oher Facebook|
|Michael Oher Twitter|
|Michael Oher Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Michael Oher|
Michael Oher is an American football offensive tackle who is currently working as a free agent.
Early Life of Footballer
Michael Oher was born on 28 May 1986, in Memphis, Tennessee, the USA. Currently, he is 33 years old and his sun sign is Gemini. His real name is Michael Jerome Oher. His parents are Michael Jerome Williams Sr. And Denise Oher.
Michael Sr. Was frequently in prison, and Denise was addicted to crack cocaine. As a result, Michael Jr. was in-and-out of foster homes and frequently homeless. He belongs to the Afro-American ethnicity and holds an American nationality.
Oher has a Sister
Then, a couple of Leigh Anne and Sean Tuohy adopted him in 2004. He has a sister named Collins Tuohy a popular actress and public speaker from his adopted parents’ side. Likewise, he has a brother named Sean Tuohy Jr. who is the Assistant Head Coach for Arkansas Razorbacks Football team.
He also performed poorly as a student, repeating a first grade and second grade and attending 11 different schools during his first nine years as a student. Oher’s estranged father was murdered while Oher was a senior in high school. In the year 2009, he completed his graduate degree in criminal justice.
Does Michael Oher have a Wife?
Michael is an unmarried man.
Once Michael was in controversy. At that moment police in Nashville issued him for misdemeanor and allegedly assaulting an Uber driver on 14 April 2019. According to Metropolitan Nashville police, he pushed the driver to the ground after an argument.
Moreover, an Uber driver called 911 and reported that he argued with a man. Further, he ordered the driver to follow a car, where his girlfriend was seated. That man was none other than Michael Oher, who rented the taxi to drive him and his pals to a club located in Nashville.
What is Michael Oher’s Net Worth and Salary?
Similarly, he signed a five-year contract worth $13.8 million with the club. After playing five seasons with Baltimore, he signed another four-year contract with the Tennessee Titans with a $20 million value.
Moreover, he also played two seasons for the Carolina Panthers in 2015 with a contract worth $7 million. Apart from that, Michael’s total career income sums up the value of $34,170,000 as per overthecap.com, where his fortune hit a peak of $7,750,000 in 2016.
In addition, He has also published a book entitled The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game, which has the price of $7.21 and $10.71 in Kindle and Paperback editions respectively.
Likewise, in 2012, he published another book, I Beat The Odds: From Homelessness to The Blind Side, and Beyond. That priced at $9.30 and $12.99 on Amazon in Paperback and Kindle editions respectively.
The estimated salary of Michael Oher is $15 million, and he makes $2.7 million per year with his outstanding career as a football player.
Body Measurement (Height and Weight)
Michael stands at a height of 6 feet 4 inches with an average weight of 315 lb (143 kg). Similarly, his eyes look black and his hair is also black.
Michael Oher’s Career
- Michael began his passion for football in his freshman year at his high school.
- Moreover, he pursued his path by applying for admission to Briarcrest Christian School with support from Tony Henderson.
- Tony was an auto mechanic and he used to provide food and shelter to Michael from time to time.
- During school days, Michael’s low grades were initially a barrier to his acceptance into an NCAA program.
- Due to his discipline and courage, he succeeded in increasing his grade point average (GPA) from 0.76 to a record-high 2.52 GPA by the end of his senior year.
- Then, he attended a Division I school by enrolling for a 10-day internet-based set of courses from Brigham Young University.
- Then, Michael was able to replace his Ds and Fs earned in earlier school classes, such as English, As earned via the Internet.
- In addition, receiving football scholarship offers from various colleges, Michael decided to settle for the scholarship from the University of Mississippi, where he would be playing for the Ole Miss Rebels football team.
- Similarly, in 2008, Michael declared that he would be entering the 2008 NFL Draft.
- But, Michael announced his withdrawal from the draft two days later to return to Ole Miss for his senior season.
- Likewise, at the end of 2008, Michael Oher became recognized as a unanimous first-team All-American.
- He made the honor roll for the second time (the first time being his sophomore year) and graduating with a degree in criminal justice in the spring of 2009.
- Concerning the awards, Michael Oher received many awards and honors during his college career; including but not limited to 2005 First Team Freshman All-American, 2005 First Team All-Quad Freshman Chrome [AQFC] Tackle Letius, 2005 First Team SEC All-Freshman, 2008 Shug Jordan Award as the Southeast Offensive Lineman of the Year, 2008 Colonel Earl “Red” Blaik Leadership-Scholarship Award. Currently, he is a free agent.