Michael Jai White Bio, Age, Net Worth 2022, Divorce, Wife, Kids, Height
Facts of Michael Jai White
|Full Name:||Michael Jai White|
|Birth Date:||November 10, 1967|
|Profession:||American actor, stunt performer, martial arts expert|
|Height:||6 feet 1 inches (1.85m)|
|Married||Gillian Iliana Waters(2015)|
|Divorce||Courtenay Chatman ( 2005–2011)|
|Net Worth||$3.5 million|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Body Size||51 -18 -36 inches|
|Birth Place||Brooklyn, New York|
|Kids||Morgan Michelle White, Jai Jordan White|
|Michael Jai White Facebook|
|Michael Jai White Twitter|
|Youtube||Michael Jai White Youtube|
|Michael Jai White Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Michael Jai White|
Michael Jai White is widely known as an American actor, stunt performer, and martial arts expert.
White’s Early Life
Michael Richard Jai White was born on November 10, 1967, in Brooklyn, New York, US. As of 2109, he is 52 years old under the zodiac sign Scorpio. He was raised by a single mother who was a teacher. As a teenager, he moved to Bridgeport, Connecticut. Michael’s nationality is American and belongs to the African-American ethnicity.
Interests and Schooling
At the age of seven, he started to learn martial arts. He began training in Jujutsu and then earned black belts in seven different disciplines, including Shōtōkan, Taekwondo, Kobudō, Gojū-ryū, Tang Soo Do, Wushu, and Kyokushin.
White loved music but did not appreciate the modern hip-hop style of music. He felt too far from reality and decided to stay alive in his approach. He was a history teacher and taught emotionally disturbed children before he became an actor. In 1985 he graduated from Central High School. He then studied acting at HB Studio and Yale University.
Who is Michael J White’s Wife?
Micheal has married twice and currently lives with his second wife Gillian Iliana Waters. She is an actress and they started dating in 2013. They engaged in February 2014 and finally tied the knot on 3 July 2015 in Thailand. Gillian has two children from her previous marriage, but Micheal and Gillian do not have a child together.
Previously, Micheal married Courtenay Chatman in 2005. The couple together had a daughter named Morgan Michelle White (2008). This lovely couple divorced in 2011. Michael also had two sons from his previous relationship, with Jai Jordan White.
In 2014 he dated actress and fitness trainer Adrienne-Joi Johnson. In April 2015, Michael wrote an open letter on Facebook titled “I’m sorry for my ex,” explaining that his wife Gillian had helped him become a better person.
How much is Michael Jai White’s Net Worth?
Jai White is one of the most successful African-American actors who earned a sum from his film. Therefore his net worth evaluation at $3.5 million dollars.
He earned $300,000 to $700,000 per movie.
How tall is Michael Jai White?
52 years old Michael has a bodybuilder body. He stands at a height of 6 feet 1 inch and weighs 94 kg. He has dark brown hair color as well as dark brown eyes color. His other body measurements are chest 51 inches (129.5 cm), arms/biceps 18 inches ( 46 cm), waist – 36 inches (91.5 cm)
Career & Movies
- In 1989, Michael began supporting roles in such films as The Toxic Avenger Part II and The Toxic Avenger Part III: The Last Temptation of Toxie.
- He then starred in an uncredited role in the movie “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze” in 1991.
- White then choreographed the stunts for the films “Prototype” and “On Deadly Ground” each year 1992 and 1994 respectively.
- He began working on TV series in 1993 and joined Saved by the Bell as a military policeman.
- 1994 followed smaller roles in the series “Renegade” and “Martin”. His portrayal of heavyweight boxer Mike Tyson in the HBO television movie Tyson in 1995 was a career-defining move.
- His performance received positive reviews and proved to be a springboard for celebrities.
- With his role in “Spawn” in 1997, he was the first African-American man to portray a superhero on screen. Jai White’s performance earned him a nomination for the “Blockbuster Entertainment Award” as “Best Male Newcomer”.
- He starred in the science fiction film “Universal Soldier: The Return” alongside Jean-Claude Van Damme and in the action movie “Exit Wounds” with Steven Seagal in 2001.
- He also appeared in the series “Boston Public” and “Soul Food” in the same period.
- In 2003 he ventured into the world of music with his appearance in the music video “I Know What You Want” by Busta Rhymes and Mariah Carey with the “Flipmode Squad”.
- Later, he appeared in music videos by Nicki Minaj, Toni Braxton, and Calvin Harris.
- White has also given his voice for the animated series “Static Shock” and “Justice League Unlimited”.
- His appearance in the martial arts films “Undisputed II: Last Man Standing” and “Kill Bill: Volume 2” received positive reviews and his 2007 film “Why did I get married?” opened at the box office in 1st place.
- He wrote the screenplay for the movie “Black Dynamite” in 2009.
- He was a scriptwriter and stunt choreographer for the movie “Three Bullets”. Jai White also produced the film and starred in it.
- He made his directorial debut with the movie “Never Back Down 2: The Beatdown,” which was released in 2011 in the home video and in which he also played a role.
- He also appeared in the web series “Métal Hurlant Chronicles” and “Enter the Dojo”.
- Some of his latest films include Accident Man, Triple Threat, and Making a Killing.
- White is currently working on the movie “Dragged Across Concrete” and the television series “Spawn The Animation” will be released shortly.