Is CNNI News Anchor Michael Holmes Married? Estimated Age and Net Worth 2023; Children | Awards
Michael Holmes, an Australian news anchor, and correspondent is in the media spotlight as a host of CNN International (CNNI). He has also served his position of an anchor with Michael Holmes for CNN Newsroom since 2019. Michael hosted the show, CNN Today with Amara Walker and anchored CNN USA’s Around The World with Suzanne Malveaux.
He hosted the news in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Israeli–Palestinian conflict and was successful in earning the position of an anchor at CNN International as the first Australian.
Early Life of Michael Holmes
Michael Holmes was born in December 1960, in Perth, Australia. As of now, he is 62 years old and cuts his birthday cake every December. He is the son of a veteran army officer. Holmes holds Australian citizenship and belongs to the white ethnicity.
He follows the Christianity religion. He studied at Perth High School from 1973 to 1977. Then, he joined Wesley College. Michael graduated holding a Bachelor of Communication degree from the University of State New York. He received his master’s degree in Public Administration in 2005.
Michael is a married man but he hasn’t talked about his wife on any website. He is living a low-key life with his family.
He shares two children, a son, and a daughter with his wife. The name of his son is McAuley Holmes and Lily Holmes is his daughter. According to McAukley’s Instagram profile he is studying at Georgia State University.
Michael Holmes’s Net Worth
Michael has an estimated net worth of $30 million which he earned through his professional career as an Australian news anchor and correspondent. He earns an annual salary of $40,000 to $110,500.
Michael Holmes survived an Ambush
Yes, he survived an ambush in Baghdad. When he was on the way to Baghdad, a guy appeared in front of the car with AK-47 and started firing. Due to this, they lost the life of Duraid Isa Mohammed and Yasser Khatab. Michale shared the deadly incident with CNN:
“The CNN vehicles were headed north toward Baghdad when a rust-colored Opel approached from behind. A single gunman with an AK-47, standing through the sunroof, opened fire on one of the vehicles. That lead CNN vehicle, hit at least five times, managed to escape from the gunman as the CNN security adviser returned fire. There is no doubt in my mind, that if our security adviser had not returned fire, everyone in our vehicle would have been killed. This was not an attempted robbery, they were clearly trying to take us out.”
Professional Career of Michael Holmes
- Michael was only 17 years old when he started his news career at the Daily News newspaper in Perth.
- He worked with Australia’s Nine Network as a reporter.
- He covered the news of the first Intifada, the fall of the Berlin Wall, and the first Gulf War and dedicated four years of his life to London.
- In 1994, he reported the news of the Rwandan Genocide.
- He started working for CNN International (CNNI) in 1996.
- He reported dangerous headlines like Israeli–Palestinian conflict, the West Bank, and the 2011 uprising in Libya.
- Michael covered the news of the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
- He went to Irag in disguise and covered the news but ended up losing his two colleagues in 2004.
- He won CINE Golden Eagle Awards for his role in the CNN Documentary, Month of Mayhem in 2007.
- His work in the documentary 72 Hours Under Fire made him earn the second Golden Eagle.
- When he covered the Iraq War, he won Peabody Awards.
- In 2017, he won Peabody Awards for the battle for Mosul.
FAQs of Michael Holmes
How tall is Michael Holmes?
Michael is 6 feet 1 inch tall. Holmes has hazel eyes and blonde hair.
Is Michael Holmes still at CNN?
Yes, Holme is still working for CNN. He worked from Friday to Monday every day between 12 and 3 am ET and was able to receive the title of an award-winning anchor and correspondent.
Where is Michael Holmes now?
he is living in his house in Atlanta. He is serving for CNN Programs as an Anchors/Reporters in Atlanta.
Does Michael Holmes have a tv wife?
Yes, Michael has a tv wife. He often calls his co-anchor, Amanda Walker his tv wife. Both of them are working at CNN Today as an anchor and are very close friends.