Melissa Etheridge Bio, Age, Net Worth 2022, Salary, Wife, Kids, Height
Facts of Melissa Etheridge
|Full Name:||Melissa Etheridge|
|Birth Date:||May 29, 1961|
|Profession:||Rock singer-songwriter, Guitarist, and Activist|
|Height:||5 feet 2 inches (1.57m)|
|Net Worth||$25 million|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Birth Place||Leavenworth, Kansas|
|Education||Leavenworth High School|
|Kids||Bailey Jean Cypher, Beckett Cypher, Johnnie Rose and Miller Steven|
|Melissa Etheridge Facebook|
|Melissa Etheridge Twitter|
|Melissa Etheridge Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Melissa Etheridge|
Melissa Etheridge is an American rock singer-songwriter, guitarist, as well as and activist. In addition, her self-titled debut album “Melissa Etheridge” became an underground success released in 1988.
When is Melissa Etheridge Birthed?
Melissa Etheridge was born in Leavenworth, Kansas, the USA on May 29, 1961. Currently, she is 58 years old and her sun sign is Gemini. Her birth name is Melissa Lou Etheridge. She was the youngest of two children and was born to John Etheridge and Elizabeth Williamson. Melissa’s ethnicity is White and her nationality is American.
Who is Melissa Etheridge’s Father?
Her father was a psychology teacher, counselor, and athletic director at her alma mater at Leavenworth High School and her mother was a computer consultant and an American Constitution teacher at Leavenworth High School. Her childhood home was at 1902 Miami Street.
Etheridge’s Educational Background
She studied at David Brewer School which is still located at 17th and Osage Streets. Then, she graduated in 1979 from Leavenworth High School (LHS) at 10th Avenue and Halderman. She was a member of the first “Power and Life” musical/dance group at LHS.
After that, she moved to Boston in 1980 and attended the Berklee College of Music but after her third semester, she decided to drop out due to which she couldn’t complete her studies.
Who did Melissa Etheridge Marry?
Presently, Melissa Etheridge married Linda Wallem. Linda is a 56-year-old American writer who is famous for Nurse Jackie. They married on 31st May 2014 after a relationship of 11 months. Currently, they are living blissful life.
Previously, she married Tammy Lynn Michaels. They married on 20 September 2003 but divorced in 2012. Even she had two children with Tammy. She became pregnant with the help of a sperm donor. Tammy gave birth to twins on October 17, 2006. She has a daughter, Johnnie Rose, and a son, Miller Steven.
Before that, she was also in a relationship with Julie Cypher from 1990. Cypher gave birth to two children Bailey Jean Cypher who was born on February 10, 1997, and Beckett Cypher who was born in November 1998 with the help of sperm donor David Crosby. Later on, the couple was not happy and separated in 2000.
There were rumors and speculation about the sperm donor of her children who was David Crosby. Later on, Melissa Etheridge confirmed it and the rumors came true. It shows that David Crosby was the biological father of her children.
How much is Melissa Etheridge Net Worth and Salary?
Currently, her net worth is estimated to be over $25 Million as of 2022. As she is working as a rock singer-songwriter, guitarist, and activist, she earns a very attractive salary from her profession. Her net worth is enough for her to maintain a standard of living. However, there is no information about her salaries, car, and house.
Presently, she is living a lavish lifestyle in a luxurious way. In the upcoming future, she will surely exceed her net worth as she is still continuing her profession.
Awards and achievements
She received her first Grammy for Best Rock Vocal Performance, Female for her single “Ain’t It Heavy”. Similarly, she earned her second Grammy for Best Rock Vocal Performance, Female for her single “Come to My Window”. Her other songs that were also in nominations for Best Rock Song were “I’m the Only One” and “Come to My Window”.
Likewise, in 2006 her song “I Need to Wake Up” for the film documentary “An Inconvenient Truth”, won the Academy Award for Best Original Song. It was later released on her album, “The Road Less Traveled”.
Body Measurement of Singer
Etheridge has a beautiful body along with a weight of 59 kg. Similarly, her height is 5 feet 2 inches tall. Her body measurements are 34-25-30 inches.
Additionally, her hair color is naturally blonde and her eyes look dark brown.
- Her interest in music started early when she picked up her first guitar at 8.
- She began to play in all-men country music groups throughout her teenage years and moved to Boston to attend Berklee College of Music at the age of 18 to pursue her career in the field of music.
- In the year 1979, Etheridge realized her dream of moving out of Leavenworth to pursue a career in music.
- Therefore, she went to Boston so that she would study music at the Berklee College of Music.
- After dropping out of college she went to Los Angeles to attempt a career as a musician and started working in the clubs around the city.
- Etheridge used to work in a bar called Vermie’s in Pasadena, CA. Etheridge also worked in the lesbian bars around Los Angeles which led to her discovery by Island Records chief Chris Blackwell.
- Afterward, she received a publishing deal to write songs for movies which includes “the 1986 movie Weeds”.
- After that, she has released a lot of albums such as “Yes I Am”, “Your Little Secret”, “Lucky”, “4th Street Feeling” and many.
- Additionally, in 1993, she released her album called “Yes I Am” which spent about 138 weeks on Billboard 200 charts.
- Then, she released “Come to My Window” and “I’m the Only One” which was hit in that time period.
- The album “Breakdown” which was released in October 1999 also peaked at 12 on the Billboard charts and spent 18 weeks on the charts.
- It was also nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Rock Album.
- Besides that, she has also made a Lifetime Television documentary of her life.
- However, in 2004 she was diagnosed with breast cancer and underwent surgery and chemotherapy.
- She appeared and performed at the 2005 Grammy Awards although bald from chemotherapy.