Who is Lucy Liu Husband? Wiki, Net Worth 2023, Height
Lucy Liu is an American actress, model as well as and occasional film producer. She received the media spotlight after appearing as Ling Woo in the television series Ally McBeal (1998–2002).
Early Life & Educational Framework
The American Actress, Lucy Liu opened her eyes as Lucy Alexis Liu on 2nd December 1968, in Jackson Heights, Queens, New York City, New York, the United States of America. Her horoscope is Sagittarius. Lucy is the daughter of Tom Liu (father) and Cecilia Liu (mother). Her mother is a biochemist while her father is a trained engineer.
She grew up with her two siblings, a brother, and a sister, John Liu, and Jenny Liu respectively. Lucy holds an American nationality while she belongs to mixed ethnical background. Lucy Liu has a height of 5 feet 2 inches while her body weight is 50kg. Lui’s eyes and hair are dark browns in color.
Education & University
She attended Joseph Pulitzer Middle School, in Jackson Heights, New York, and graduated from Stuyvesant High School, in New York City. He joined New York University and transferred to the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan. She earned a bachelor’s degree in Asian languages and cultures.
A Mother of a Baby Boy, Who is Lucy Liu’s Husband?
Actress, Lucy Liu has not been married & not have a husband. She is currently single. She gave birth to a son, Rockwell Lloyd Liu via a gestational surrogate on 27th August 2015. She is happy to raise her baby boy as she said:
“I just went ahead and did it. I didn’t realize there were criticisms until I sent out the information that I had my baby through a gestational carrier and my friends said, ‘Don’t listen to what some people are saying.’ I didn’t realize people were saying anything negative!”
Previously, she was in relationships with George Clooney (2000), Will McCormack (2004 – 2007), and Noam Gottesman (2014). Also, she was engaged to Zach Helm in the year 2004.
How much is Actress’ Lucy Liu Net Worth?
Lucy Liu has an estimated net worth of around $16 million as of 2022. She has been able to earn this amount through her career as an actress, model, occasional film producer. She earns $130k per episode from her show.
Lucy sold her four-bedroom residence in Studio City, California for around $4.199 million.
A Career Journey Starts as a Waitress
- At the beginning of her career, Lucy Lui started working as a waitress at the Ann Arbor Comedy Showcase club circa 1988–1989.
- After that, she began her acting career in the year 1989, auditioning for a supporting role in a University of Michigan production of Alice in Wonderland.
- In the year 2000, she was cast as Alex Munday, one of the three angels, in the movie Charlie’s Angels alongside Drew Barrymore and Cameron Diaz.
- In the year 2015, she began her directing career.
- Lucy directed her movie, Meena which is based on a true story, about an eight-year-old Indian girl who is sold to a brothel.
Movies & TV Shows
To date, Lucy has appeared in dozen of movies and tv shows. Her notable appearance in movies is Rhythm of Destiny (1992), Protozoa (1993), Bang (1995), The Mating Habits of the Earthbound Human (1999), Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle (2003), Code Name: The Cleaner (2006), The Year of Getting to Know Us (2008), and so on.
Some of her notable appearance in tv shows is Beverly Hills, 90210 (1991), Home Improvement (1995), The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest (1997), Ally McBeal (1998-2002), Saturday Night Live (2000), Jackie Chan Adventures (2004), Pixie Hollow Games (2011), Why Women Kill (2019), and many more.
Awards & Nominations
Lucy has received two Screen Actors Guild Awards and has won the Seoul International Drama Award for Best Actress. She received nominations for a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series and she has been able to receive nominations for three People’s Choice Awards and two Saturn Awards. In the year 2012, she won the Critics’ Choice Television Award for Best Drama Guest Actress.
Her Charity Works
- Lucy served as the spokeswoman for the Lee National Denim Day fundraiser which raises money for breast cancer research and education in the year 2001.
- She was appointed an ambassador for U.S. Fund for UNICEF in the year 2004. In that term, she traveled to Pakistan and Lesotho, among several other countries.
- She even received an Asian Excellence Award for Visibility.
- In the year 2007, Lucy hosted an MTV documentary, Traffic, for the MTV EXIT campaign.
- In the year 2011, she became a supporter of marriage equality for gays and lesbians and became a spokeswoman for the Human Rights Campaign.
FAQs of Lucy Liu
Who is Lucy Liu?
Lucy Liu is an American actress, model as well as an occasional film producer.
When was Lucy Liu born?
Lucy Liu opened her eyes as Lucy Alexis Liu on 2nd December 1968, in Jackson Heights, Queens, New York City, New York, the United States of America.