James Garner’s Wife Lois Clarke is still Alive or Dead? Her Bio, Kids & Pics
Facts of Lois Clarke
|Full Name:||Lois Clarke|
|Husband||Late James Garner,|
|Birth Place||Los Angeles, California|
|Kids||Greta "Gigi" Garner, Kimberly Garner|
|View more / View less Facts of Lois Clarke|
Lois Clarke is popular as a celebrity wife of American actor, producer, and also voice actor James Garner. Moreover, her husband James is well known for his notable roles in ‘Maverick’ and ‘Murphy’s Romance’.
What is Lois Clarke’s Age?
Loise Clarke was born in the year 1958 in Los Angeles, California, in the United States. As of now, she is 64 years old. Her birth name is Lois Josephine Fleishman Clarke. Lois holds an American nationality and her ethnicity is white. Similarly, he used to follow the Christianity religion.
Is Lois Clarke Dead or still Alive?
Lois Clarke is still alive but her husband died on the 19th of July, 2014. Lois’s husband James Garner was an American actor, producer, and as well as voice actor. He was born on the 7th of April, 1928 in Norman, Oklahoma. His full name was James Scott Bumgarner. He died on the 19th of July, 2014 at the age of 86 in his home in Los Angeles with a heart attack.
Her husband was suffering from a massive heart attack caused by coronary artery disease. Garner had been in poor health since a severe stroke in the year 2008.
Married just 2 Weeks after Lois Clarke Met James Garner
Lois Clarke was married to James Garner. She first met her husband James at a party in 1956 Democratic presidential nominee Adlai Stevenson. They dated each other in the pool at a friend’s barbecue. Garner expressed his feeling that “it love at first sight” he said”
“flipped out over this girl. She was gorgeous.”
Clarke’s then-boyfriend kept the dinner proposal she and the birds went out that night.
“We went to dinner every night for 14 nights. I was just absolutely nuts about her. I spent $77 on our honeymoon, and it about broke me.”
The duo dated each other for just 14 days and decided to get married on August 17, 1956. Their marriage ceremony was at Beverly Hills courthouse in Beverly Hills, California.
As per Garner,
“Marriage is like the Army; everyone complains, but you’d be surprised at a large number of people who re-enlist.”
James’s family members were upset regarding their marriage and pointed to them how different Garner and Clarke were. From her married life with Garner, she has one daughter and her name is Greta “Gigi” Garner born in 1985.
In 1970, the couple lived separately for three months and again in 1979. The separation lasted for few months and Garner was starring in The Rockford Files stopped at that time. Later in 1981, they resumed living together and Lois remained married to Garner until his death on July 19, 2014. Her husband died less than a month before their 58th wedding anniversary.
Who is Lois Clarke Frist Husband?
Well, Lois Clarke has married twice. However, the details of her first husband are still a mystery. But from their married life, they welcomed their daughter named Kimberly Garner.
Her daughter Kimberly was just seven years old and was recovering from polio when Lois and Garner were married. After their marriage, James adopted Kimberly as their daughter. Lois has not shared any sort of information about her previous husband’s details with the public.
Her Husband Net Worth
Lois’s husband James Garner had a net worth of around $20 million as of 2022 earned from his professional acting career. Late American actor, had acted in several hit films and TV series in his more than five decades of career.
After her husband died, she inherits the property and worth of her husband. So we can say Lois has a net worth of around $20 million inherits from her husband. He had also collected a massive amount of around $30,762,621 at the box office from his movie Murphy’s Romance(1985).
Her Husband’s Career
- Lois only came into the limelight as a celebrity wife. There is no information regarding her career.
- Her husband James started his professional career by doing commercials.
- In the year 1956, he made his first appearance in the films ‘The Girl He Left Behind’ and ‘Toward the Unknown’.
- From 1057 to 1960, he appeared as Bret Maverick in the show ‘Maverick’.
- After that, he has appeared in numerous films such as ‘A Man Called Sledge’(1970), ‘Support Your Local Gunfighter!’(1971), ‘Skin Game’(1971) as well as ‘One Little Indian’(1973).
- Similarly, he appeared in the series titled ‘The Rockford Files’ as a private investigator, ‘Jim Rockford’ in 1974.
- He had to leave the show due to health problems after he gained massive popularity from his character as ‘Jim’.
- He landed a role in ‘Murphy’s Romance’ along with Sally Field and Brian Kerwin in 1985.
- After that, his other film credits include ‘Man of the People’ in 1991, ‘Barbarians at the Gate’ in 1993, ‘Maverick’ in 1994, ‘Streets of Laredo’ in 1995, ‘My Fellow Americans’ in 1996, and so on.
- Also, he was cast in television series like ‘Chicago Hope’ in 2000, ‘God, The Devil, and Bob’ from 2000 to 2011, and ‘First Monday’ in 2002.
- After that, he appeared as Noah Calhoun in the popular romantic movie titled ‘The Notebook’ in 2004.
- He also provided his voice to the character as wizard Shazam, in the animated film, ‘Superman/ Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam in 2010.
- Garner’s autobiography titled, ‘The Garner Files: A Memoir, was published by Simon & Schuster in the year 2011.
FAQs of Lois Clarke
Who is Lois Clarke?
Lois Clarke is popular as a celebrity wife of American actor, producer, and also voice actor James Garner.
What is Lois Clarke’s Age?
Loise Clarke was born in the year 1958 in Los Angeles, California, in the United States.