Les Moonves Wiki, Age, Net Worth 2022, Salary, Divorce, Wife, kid, Height
Facts of Les Moonves
|Full Name:||Les Moonves|
|Birth Date:||October 6, 1949|
|Net Worth||$300 million|
|Birth Place||New York|
|Kids||Sara Moonves, Adam Moonves, Michael Moonves, Charlie Moonves|
|View more / View less Facts of Les Moonves|
Les Moonves is the current President, Chairman of the Board, and Chief Executive Officer of CBS Corporation.
Early Life of Les Moonves
Les Moonves was born in New York City, on October 6, 1949, as Leslie Roy Moonves. As of 2019, he is 70 years old. He is the son of Josephine(mother) and Herman Moonves(father). He spent his childhood years in Valley Stream, New York along with his two brothers, Jon Moonves, and one sister.
Moonves Enrolled at Bucknell University
Les holds American citizenship and belongs to the Ashkenazi Jewish ethnic group. He attended Valley Stream Central High School. After that, he also attended Bucknell University and graduated in 1971. Likewise, he studied acting at the Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theatre.
Who is Les Moonves Wife?
Les Moonves was previously married to his wife Nancy Wiesenfeld. The couple married on 17 December 1978. Moreover, they have three children from this relationship, Sara Moonves, Adam Moonves, Michael Moonves. But, in April 2003, they filed for divorce in Los Angeles Superior Court and their divorce was finalized on 10 December 2004.
After his divorce, Moonves married reporter, Julie Chen on 23 December 2004. They also have a son from this marriage named Charlie Moonves.
What is Les Moonves Net Worth?
After learning so much about his career, without any doubt, we guess that he has earned much more from his career. According to the sources, the estimated net worth of Les Moonves is around $300 million. He made this entire earning from not only his career as an actor but also from his business.
Being involved in such great fields, of course, makes good earning and we don’t have any doubts about this. Looking at his net worth and his lifestyle, we can guess that he is spending a very lavish lifestyle. Les is living a blessed life with his family.
Les Moonves’s Rumors & Controversies
Moonves became part of a controversy after he led CBS to file a $500 million lawsuit against Howard Stern on February 28, 2006. Further, he again became part of another major controversy after the CBS board seceded to discuss sexual allegations against him. Along with this, six women have accused him of sexual harassment.
Moreover, the news of Les getting $120 million even after being accused of sexual misconduct is creating another big controversy.
Les Moonves’s Career
- At the starting of his career, Moonves worked as an actor.
- He did movies which include ‘Cannon’, ‘The Six Million Dollar Man’. Moreover, he also portrayed himself in an episode of ‘The Practice’ on April 7, 2003.
- Along with this, coming to his business career, Moonves joined Lorimar Television in 1985.
- After that, he worked as an executive in charge of its movies and mini-series.
- Likewise, he also served as the president at Lorimar from 1990 to 1993.
- In July 1995, he joined CBS as president of CBS Entertainment.
- Between 2012 and 2013, Moonves was considered the second most highly paid director.
- And since 1999, he has been serving on the board of ZeniMax Media.
- In addition to this, he was paid $68.4 million in 2017 making him the second-highest-paid CEO.
- During his time, he helped make the deal that brought together United Paramount Network(UPN) with The WB Television Network.
- Moonves has won the Career Achievement Award, Milestone Award (PGA Awards), and Showmanship Award (Publicists Guild of America).