How much money is Kerry Washington Net Worth? American Award-winning actress Career & Awards
Kerry Washington is an American Award-winning actress who gained wide recognition after appearing in the Shonda Rhimes TV series, Scandal in the role of Olivia Pope. Also, she has appeared in some movies such as Ray, She Hates Me, The Last King of Scotland, Django Unchained, and so on.
Kerry has earned a massive amount of money through her successful acting career. In the year 2016, she was ranked Forbes 6th highest-paid TV actress.
What is Kerry Washington Net Worth?
Kerry Washington Net Worth and Salary: Kerry Washington has an estimated net worth of around $18 million as of 2019. It is sure that her net worth will rise higher in her upcoming days. Currently, she is among the best-paid actresses throughout the movie industry. In the year 2015, the TV series Scandal where she appeared was ranked in the tenth place among the top 10 political TV series for the year.
Kerry ranked higher in the wealth equation in 2016, becoming the sixth highest-paid television actress with a net worth of around $13.5 million. She makes around $200k for each episode of her popular series, Scandal. As of now, Kerry earns $3 million annually as her salary. Apart from acting, she has signed on endorsement deals with Apple Music, Neutrogena, and Movado and has worked with popular cosmetic brands such as Vogue, L’Oreal and Nivea.
|Net Worth in 2019||$18 million|
|Net Worth in 2016||$13.5 million|
|Annual Salary||$3 million|
|Income Source as an||Actress|
As of now, she is enjoying her lavish lifestyle with her husband and children. Her current house’s information is not available while it is known that she sold her Hollywood Hills-based house for more than $2 million. She also owns a luxury car worth around $700k from the makers of Porsche.
Kerry Washington’s Career
- Kerry Washington started her acting career in the year 1994, starring in commercials and music videos.
- Her first screen debut happened with the 1994 television film Magical Make-Over.
- Also, she appeared in the 1996 educational series, Standard Deviants.
Movies and Tv Series
- Kerry has starred in a whole lot of movies some of which include Standard Deviants (1996), Our Song (2000), Save The Last Dance (2001), Bad Company (2002), Human Stain (2003), and so on.
- Also, she lent her voice for the animated movie, Cars 3.
- From the year 2005, she did only support roles in movies such as Mr & Mrs. Smith (2005), Little Man (2006), The Last King of Scotland (2006), I Think I Love My Wife (2007), and many more before signing up for the ABC TV series, Scandal.
- Kerry portrayed as Olivia Pope who manages her own firm known as Olivia Pope Associates (OPA), a crisis management firm that protects the public image of its clientele (including the President of the United States at some point) in Scandal.
- The still ongoing TV series has received a lot of positive reviews from the audiences.
Awards & Nominations
Kerry Washington’s acting skills earned her major awards and nominations, which include two Golden Globe nominations, four Primetime Emmy nominations, and several NAACP Image awards and nominations. Her TV series, Scandal was one of the most talked-about shows on the social media sphere.
In the year 2016, she played the lead role in the HBO film Confirmation and received a nomination for the Critic’s Choice Awards for her performance.
Kerry Washington’s Interesting Facts
- Kerry Washington was born as Kerry Marisa Washington on 31st January 1977, in the Bronx, New York City, the United States of America.
- As of 2019, her age is 42 years and her horoscope is Capricorn.
- She is the daughter of Earl Washington (father) and Valerie Moss (mother).
- Her father was a real estate broker while her mother was an educational consultant and college professor.
- Kerry holds an American nationality and belongs to mixed ethnical background.
- She attended the Spence School, Phi Beta Kappa, and Michael Howard Studios for her education.
- Kerry has an estimated net worth of around $18 million as of 2019.
- She married an American actor, Nnamdi Asomugha on 24th June 2013.
- Kerry has two children, Isabelle Amarachi Asomugha, and Caleb Kelechi Asomugha.
- She stands at a height of 5 feet 4 inches and her body weight is around 53 kg.
- Kerry is active on various sorts of social networking sites like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.