American football assistant coach Katie Sowers gained popularity as an offensive assistant coach for the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers. Also, she is the first-ever LGBTQ+ coach in NFL history.
Early Life and Family of Katie Sowers
Katie Sowers was born on August 7, 1986, in Hesston, Kansas in the United States of America. She was born under the star sign of Leo. As of 2020, she is 34 years old. Floyd Sowers is the name of her father and Bonnie Sowers is the name of her mother. She holds an American nationality and is of white ethnicity. Sowers grew up with her twin sisters and older sister in Hesston. Liz Sowers is the name of her twin sister and Steph Sowers is the name of her older sister.
Likewise, her twin sister also plays football as a wide receiver. Katie studied at Hesston College and Goshen College in the 2000s. Later she joined the University of Central Missouri. Then from Central Missouri University, she graduated with a kinesiology master’s degree in the year 2012.
Who is Katie Sowers Dating Currently?
Katie Sowers is openly lesbian. She came out publicly as a lesbian and became the first openly LGBT coach in the National Football League. Sowers is in a romantic relationship with her boyfriend, Cara. Both of them post various photos and videos together on their official Instagram account. Till now the pair are together and making their relationship strong.
But in the year 2009, she was refused a volunteer coaching position at Goshen College because of her sexual orientation. Later the president of the college apologized to her for rejecting her in the year 2020.
What is Coach Katie Sowers’s Salary and Net Worth?
As of January 2021, Katie Sowers’s net worth is estimated to be around $500,000 2022. She has earned a handsome sum of money from her successful coaching career. It seems that she is living a luxurious life from the earnings she received from her career. In the coming days, her net worth will definitely increase.
How Tall is Katie Sowers?
Katie Sowers has got a good height of 5 feet 8 inches tall. She has got a body weight of around 65 kg. She has got shiny dark brown color hair with pretty brown color eyes.
Professional Carrer of Katie Sowers
- Katie Sowers started her football career when she was at the age of eight.
- She started playing football after completing her studies at Goshen, She played for the West Michigan Mayhem and the Kansas City Titans in the Women’s Football Alliance.
- After playing with the Titans she became a member of the United States women’s national American football team.
- This team won the 2013 IFAF Women’s World Championship.
- After this, in the summer of 2016, she joined the National Football League as a wide receiver’s intern with the Atlanta Falcons.
- Then she stayed with the Falcons after her summer position ended.
- She remained as an intern scout until she moved to the San Francisco 49ers in June 2017.
- At that time she was hired in conjunction with the ‘Bill Walsh Diversity Coaching Fellowship program.
- This program aims to assist in getting minorities into National Football League coaching positions.
- Then she continues working with the 49ers as a seasonal offensive assistant until her promotion to offensive assistant in the year 2019.
- After this, the 49ers won the NFC Championship sending the 49ers to Super Bowl LIV in her first season where she was one of the 49er’s offensive assistants.
- At this time, she became the first female and first openly gay coach in a Super Bowl.
FAQs of Katie Sowers
Who is Katie Sowers?
Katie Sowers is an American football assistant coach. Sowers gained popularity as an offensive assistant coach for the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers. Also, she is the first-ever LGBTQ+ coach in NFL history.
When was Katie Sowers born?
Katie Sowers was born on August 7, 1986, in Hesston, Kansas in the United States of America. She was born under the star sign of Leo. As of 2020, she is 34 years old.
What is the height and weight of Katie Sowers?
Katie Sowers has got a good height of 5 feet 8 inches tall. She has got a body weight of around 65 kg.