Who is Katherine Heigl Husband? What is Her Age and Net Worth 2023? Kids & Movies | Height
- 1 Early Life of Katherine Heigl
- 2 Katherine Heigl’s Husband: Wedding & Children
- 3 Broken Engagement and Relationships of Katherine Heigl
- 4 Katherine Heigl’s Net Worth & Other Assets
- 5 Katherine Heigl’s Height & Tattoo
- 6 Katherine Heigl and Ellen Pompeo are Set to Reunite
- 7 The Journey of Katherine Heigl’s Acting Career
- 8 Movies & TV Shows
- 9 Awards & Nomination
- 10 FAQs of Katherine Heigl
Katherine Heigl, an American actress is in the media spotlight when she played the role of Dr. Izzie Stevens in the medical drama series, Grey’s Anatomy. Her role in the series made her receive made her won Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress.
Her role as Isabel Evans on The WB television series Roswell made her win the nomination of awards like Saturn and Teen Choice Awards. She became the executive producer of the NBC television series State of Affairs.
Early Life of Katherine Heigl
Katherine Heigl was born on November 24, 1978, in Columbia Hospital for Women, Washington, D.C. USA. As of now, Heigl is 44 years old. Heigl cuts her birthday cake on the 24th of November and her sun sign is Sagittarius. Her full name is Katherine Marie Heigl. Her parents are Paul Heigl (father) and Nancy Heigl (mother). Nancy worked as an executive manager.
When her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer, her parents got divorced in 1996. She spent her early life with Meg Heigl, Jason Heigl, Holt Heigl, and John Heigl. Jason left this world due to a car accident in 1986. Her parents adopted Meg from Korea just three years of Katherine’s birth. Heigl used to live with her aunt and parents.
Heigl’s paternal grandparents are Joseph Heigl and Margaret Mary Lynes while Reinhold Ferdinand Engelhardt and Margaret Jane Debus are her maternal grandparents. Katherine holds American nationality and belongs to mixed (German, Swiss-German, and Irish) ancestry. Katherine follows the Christian religion.
She completed her schooling at Saxe Middle School. Katherine studied at New Canaan High School and dropped out after her sophomore year in 1997.
Katherine Heigl’s Husband: Wedding & Children
Her husband is Josh Kelley, an American singer. They met each other on the set of Josh’s music video for Only You. After dating each other for two years, they exchanged their wedding vows on December 23, 2007, in Park City, Utah. The couple has three children, two adopted and one biological.
They adopted Nancy Leigh Kelley in September 2009. Nancy had a heart defect and had open-heart surgery at the time of adoption from Korea. They adopted Adalaide Marie Hope Kelley from the US in April 2012. They welcomed their son, Joshua Bishop Kelley, Jr biologically on December 20, 2016.
Broken Engagement and Relationships of Katherine Heigl
She was engaged to an American film actor, Jason Behr. Katherine met Jason while playing Isabel and Max in the movie. They dated in 2001 and got engaged in October 2001. They called off their engagement in 2002.
From 1994 to 1996, she dated Joey Lawrence. When Katherine was only 18 years old, she met Joey at Seventeen’s 50th-anniversary party.
Katherine Heigl’s Net Worth & Other Assets
Katherine’s net worth is $30 million as of 2023 which she earned as an actress and fashion model. She earned $6 million from movies like 27 Dresses and The Ugly Truth. Then, in Series Killers and The Ugly Truth, her salary was $12 million. She has a base salary of $51 million for five roles alone.
She is living in a $2.55 million house in the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles with her husband. In 2006, she bought a smaller Los Feliz home at $1.5 million and put it on sale at $1.75 million in 2008. Kat owns a Range Rover SUV worth $108k.
Katherine Heigl’s Height & Tattoo
Katherine’s height is 5 feet 8 inches and has a body weight of 59 kg. Her body measurement includes 36-25-36 inches and she were a 32 D-sized bra. Katherine has dark brown eyes and her hair is blonde in color. Heigl has a tattoo on the back side of her ribs. Her tattoo reads:
“Then leaf subsides to leaf. So Eden sank to grief”
Katherine Heigl and Ellen Pompeo are Set to Reunite
Heigl and Ellen Pompeo will be reuniting for the talk show, Variety Studio: Actors on Actors. They will be sharing the screen after 13 years and will be talking about their careers and lives twice a year. They shared the big screen together 13 years ago at Grey’s Anatomy and Katherine left the show due to a tight schedule while Ellen left after season 19.
Some popular celebrities like Jeremy Allen White, Jennifer Coolidge, Jenna Ortega, Elle Fanning, Melanie Lynskey, and Nataha Lyonne will appear on the show. The show will be aired via Variety.com on June 6, 2023.
The Journey of Katherine Heigl’s Acting Career
- She stepped into the acting industry via My Father the Hero as Nicole Arnel in 1994.
- Kat played in Under Siege 2: Dark Territory in 1995.
- She shared the screen with Peter Fonda for the Shakespearean play, The Tempest.
- Then, she played in movies like Stand-ins, Bug Buster, Bride of Chucky, 100 Girls, and Valentine.
- Katherine appeared in Knocked Up with celebs like Seth Rogen, Paul Rudd, and Leslie Mann.
- She even played in Anne Fletcher and Aline Brosh McKenna‘s comedy movie, 27 Dresses.
- She played the role of Abigail Richter in The Ugly Truth in 2009.
- She produced the movie, Life As We Know It and appeared in the comedy, New Year’s Eve.
- As a model, Kat has modeled for magazines and publications like Maxim, Vanity Fair, and Cosmopolitan.
- Kat is also associated with the Best Friends Animal Society and Pup My Ride program.
- She is doing an awareness program of cancer-related issues and is a part of the American Cancer Society.
Movies & TV Shows
Some of her hit movies are That Night, King of the Hill, My Father the Hero, Under Siege 2: Dark Territory, Wish Upon a Star, Stand-ins, Prince Valiant, Bug Buster, Bride of Chucky, Life as We Know It, New Year’s Eve, etc.
She played in popular tv shows like The Tempest, Roswell, The Twilight Zone, Critical Assembly, Love Comes Softly, Wuthering Heights, Romy, Michele: In the Beginning, Grey’s Anatomy, State of Affairs, and so on.
Awards & Nomination
- In 2003, she received CAMIE Awards in the nomination for Made for TV Film Love Comes Softly.
- She won Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, Grey’s Anatomy in 2007.
- She received the Alliance of Women Film Journalists Actress in the category of Actress Most in Need of a New Agent for the series, One for the Money in 2012.
FAQs of Katherine Heigl
How did Katherine Heigl become Christian?
When her brother died due to a car accident in his teenage, her parents became Christ. Then, they started attending the Church of Jesus Christ in their childhood and started following the Christian religion.
Has Katherine Heigl undergone surgery?
Yes, Heigl received surgery on her neck. She has a neck brace and has two titanium disks on her neck. Heigl announced that she is bionic as of now.
Does Katherine Heigl have a foundation?
Yes, Kat is involved in charity and has a foundation named The Jason Debus Heigl Foundation. She and her mother found it to need the animal cruelty and abuse in 2008.
Who is the lady who looks like Katherine Heigl?
Sarah Carrol looks like Katherine. Both of them are actresses and due to their same facial structure, they look alike.
Why did Katherine Heigl leave Grey’s Anatomy?
She left Grey’s Anatomy because of the harsh working conditions. Heigl left the shows in 2010 and even said that the working intensity and environment are not healthy as well.