What is Karen Fukuhara Net Worth? Who is her Boyfriend?
Facts of Karen Fukuhara
|Full Name:||Karen Fukuhara|
|Birth Date:||February 10, 1992|
|Height:||5 feet 2 inches (1.57m)|
|Net Worth||$400 thousand|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Birth Place||Los Angeles, California,|
|Education||University of California|
|View more / View less Facts of Karen Fukuhara|
American actress and voice actress who is well-known for her role as Katana in the 2016 DC Comics film Suicide Squad. Similarly, she is also popular for voicing the character Glimmer in the Netflix series She-Ra and the Princesses of Power.
Where was Karen Fukuhara born?
Karen Fukuhara was on 10 February 1992, in Los Angeles, California, the United States. As of 2019, her age is 27 years old with her horoscope is Aquarius. Karen was born in a traditional Japanese family who moved later to the United States.
Fukuhara holds an American nationality and belongs to an Asian ethnical background. She grew alongside her younger brother in the United States. She stands at a height of 5 feet 2 inches i.e 1.58 meters with a slim body. Her body weighs around 47 Kg.
Karen has dark brown hair color with the same eyes color i.e dark brown. She is also active on social sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
She enrolled at the University of California located in Los Angeles(UCLA). She was a member of an acapella group known as UCLA medleys and tried her hand at singing during her college days. Karen graduated with a degree in sociology with a minor in theatre in 2014.
Early Career/ Works
Fukuhara got her first job with Disney Channel’s ‘Movie Surfers,’ in which teenagers got an opportunity to interview the movie stars of the current Disney films during her high school years. She got to interview Johnny Depp and Keira Knightley on her first episode around the time of ‘Pirates of the Caribbean.
After that, she got opportunities to work s on Japanese TV. She has appeared on several shows on the Japanese public broadcasting corporation, NHK. She worked as a sports reporter on ‘World Sports’ on NHK during her high school years.
Also, she contributed to a group called ‘UCLA Medleys as a singer. She worked as a translator, subtitle editor, and a waitress in a reggae sushi-themed restaurant before embarking on acting. After that, she auditioned and signed for her first film, as a translator to a Japanese model in the ‘New York Fashion Week.’
What is Karen Fukuhara Net Worth?
Karen Fukuhara has an estimated net worth of around $400 thousand as of 2019. Her prime source of earning is a professional career and newcomer on the screen.
Who is Karen Fukuhara Boyfriend?
Karen is in a romantic relationship with her boyfriend. She posted a photo with her boyfriend on Instagram but no information related to him was out in the media.
- Karen started auditioning for roles with the help of her manager, Sally Hinata after her graduation.
- She found it difficult to break into the acting business. Karen is a first-generation immigrant family audition and didn’t even know what an agent was.
- She has no acting experience apart from her few TV show presentations.
- Her breakout role came as director David Ayer wanted to cast an Asian to play the Japanese character ‘Katana’ in his film ‘Suicide Squad.’ She didn’t know which character before appearing for the ‘Suicide Squad’ auditions.
- She also shows her skills in sword fighting during the audition.
- Fukuhara’s debut film in DC Comics superhero film ‘Suicide Squad’ in 2016.
- She played the role of ‘Tatsu Yamashiro’ aka ‘Katana,’ the blade-carrying masked mystery warrior who protects the squad.
- She worked alongside such star performers as Margot Robbie, Will Smith, Jared Leto, Viola Davis, Ben Affleck, and Cara Delevingne in the big-budget film.
- Karen appeared in various TV shows including ‘Conan,’ ‘Good Morning America,’ ‘Made in Hollywood’ and ‘Up Close with Carrie Keagan in the year 2016.
- After that, she worked as a voice actor for the character of ‘Sewer Queen’ in the animated television series ‘Craig of the Creek in 2017.
- The Cartoon Network’s TV series ‘Craig of the Creek’ has provided a voice since 2017.
- Also, she played the lead character of ‘Glimmer’ in the much-admired Netflix animated series, ‘She-Ra and the Princesses of Power’.
- She appeared in the role of ‘Nori’ in the film ‘Stray,’ and as ‘Laura Baker’ in the short film ‘The Lost’ in 2017.
- We can see her in the role of ‘Kimiko’ in Amazon Prime Video’s superhero dark comedy web series, ‘The Boys, in 2019.
- Similarly, her future projects include a voice-over for the character of ‘Kipo’ in the upcoming series, ‘Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts.’