Julie Martin Bio, Age, Net Worth 2022, Salary, Husband, Children, Height
Facts of Julie Martin
|Full Name:||Julie Martin|
|Height:||5 feet 3 inches (1.60m)|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
|Education||Mississippi State University|
|Julie Martin Twitter|
|View more / View less Facts of Julie Martin|
An American meteorologist, Julie Martin is the current weather anchor of The Weather Channel. Also, she works as a weather reporter for CNN headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia.
What is the nationality of Meteorologist Julie Martin?
Julie Martin was born Juli Penticoff, in 1981 in Rockford, Illinois in the United States of America. Currently, she is 41 years old and her sun sign is Pisces. Her mother’s name is Mona Penticoff.
Martin was a shy girl in her childhood who holds an American Citizen and belongs to the White American ethnicity. Similarly, she follows the Christianity religion.
How is Julie Martin Married Life with Her Husband?
Julie Martin is already married. She is married to John Bonifield whom she met on CNN. Her husband, John is a senior producer on CNN. The couple got married in late 2011.
The husband-and-wife duo, Julie Martin, and John Bonifield both are celebrated names in media. She and her husband became parents for the time in 2014 and are currently co-parenting their cute daughter together. They have a 7-year-old daughter Hartree Grace.
Net Worth and Salary of Julie Martin as of 2022
Currently, Julie Martin’s net worth is not revealed.
As per some sources, TWC pays annually $79K-100K to its weather reporter/anchor.
Body Measurement (Height & Weight) of Julie Marti
Julie Martin’s body measurement is beyond perfection and stands at a height of 5 feet 3 inches (160cm) with an average weight. Besides this, she has light brown eyes and blonde hair.
Born with Amniotic band Syndrome
During her childhood, she not only faced awkwardness but also underwent a different kind of surgery. She was born with amniotic band syndrome, a congenital disorder that prevents fetal parts, usually a limb or fingers, from fully developing while in the womb.
It affected both of Martin’s hands, but the defect on her left limb is more pronounced.
Graduated in Broadcast Meteorology
When she completed her schooling at Rock Valley College, she joined Augustana College in the year 1992. Then she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Communications and Media as her major subject and she later graduated in the year 1994. She graduated with Broadcast Meteorology from Mississippi State University in 2011.
Julie Martin’s Career Journey
- Julie Martin began her career in the early 1990s. And after completing a bachelor’s degree in 1994, she immediately got an internship in a reputed CNN channel as an associate producer and writer. Later on, she got a full-time job where she worked for 3 years.
- She admits that she went the opposite way in her career.
- Just opposite to others, when everybody in the media field wanted to go from a small market to some big jobs like in CNN, she shifted from CNN to a small market because she had a keen interest to work as a reporter onscreen.
- Continuously, after working for 3 years on CNN she joined WBTW-TV in 1997 where she worked as a TV anchor or reporter for 2 years.
Career After 1999
- After that, in 1999, she joined CLTV as a reporter where she worked for one year. Next, she joined WDJT CBS 58 as a reporter where also she worked just for a year.
- But before getting hired by TWC in 2006, she worked as a correspondent in CNN for 2 years from 2002 to 2004, and then she worked as a reporter on WGN-TV from 2004 to 2006.
- The longest tenure of her work is in The Weather Channel where she has been working from 2006 at present.
- In January 2017, she also joined CNN and started working as a freelance weather reporter for CNN headquarter, Atlanta, Georgia. Although she started looking at dance as her hobby from her early childhood, she soon started to realize that she had an inner passion for media reporting.
- Concerning her awards, She won a Humanitas Prize and was nominated for a Writers Guild of America Award for her work on Homicide.
- Additionally, She has also been nominated for an Edgar Award for her work on Criminal Intent.