Joy Behar Bio, Age, Net Worth 2022, Salary, Husband, Daughter, Height
Facts of Joy Behar
|Full Name:||Joy Behar|
|Birth Date:||October 7, 1942|
|Height:||5 feet 4 inches (1.63m)|
|Net Worth||$12 million|
|Body Size||38-31-41 inches|
|Birth Place||Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York|
|Education||Stony Brook University|
|Mother||Rose (née Carbone)|
|Kids||Eve Behar Scotti|
|Joy Behar Facebook|
|Joy Behar Twitter|
|Joy Behar Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Joy Behar|
Joy Behar is an American comedian, actress, as well as writer. She is a co-host in the ABC daytime talk show The View. From 2009 to 2011, she hosted The Joy Behar Show on HLN.
Early Life of Actress
Joy Behar was born on October 7, 1942, in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York, as the only child of a Roman Catholic family of Italian descent. As of 2019, she is 77 years old with the birth sign Libra. Her mother, Rose (née Carbone), was a seamstress, and her father, Gino Occhiuto, was a truck driver for Coca-Cola. Joy holds an American nationality and belongs to the White ethnicity.
Behar achieved a BA in Sociology from Queens College in 1964 and an MA in English at Stony Brook University in 1966. From the late 1960s to the early 1970s, she taught English on Long Island at the Lindenhurst Senior High School in Lindenhurst, New York. She studied acting at HB Studio.
Who is Joy Behar’s Husband?
Joy Behar married University Professor Joseph Behar on January 1, 1965. The former couple dated several years before they knot for life. Behar and her spouse exchanged their marriage vows in a private ceremony with only their closest present. Husband and wife share a daughter, born in 1970, Eve Behar Scotti.
In addition, Behar has a grandson, Luca, who was born in February 2011 by her daughter’s side. Although the duo shared their relationship as a husband and wife for more than a decade. However, the couple found some difficulties to stay together. Therefore they divorced on March 19, 1981.
After being separated from Joseph, Joy began dating Steve Janowitz, whom she called her “marital equivalent.” Behar revealed in The View that she could marry Janowitz in 2009, but quit the engagement three months later because she preferred people to stop talking about it.
Finally, the couple married on August 11, 2011.
What is Joy Behar’s Net Worth and Salary?
Therefore their net worth evaluation of Joy at $12 million.
Body Measurement (Height & Weight)
Despite being 77 years old Joy Behar has a healthy body. The actress stands a size of 5 feet 4 inches and weighs 57kg. Behar has brown eyes color and blond hair color. She has a perfect body shape and has body measurements of 38-31-41 inches.
- Joy Behar quit her teaching career when she almost died of ectopic pregnancy in 1979. She decided to try her luck in the television industry and establish herself as a comedian.
- But she knew that was not easy since she did not have a mentor.
- Help came from her husband’s cousin, who was the lighting director of ABC’s “Good Morning America” at the time.
- She joined the show as a receptionist and worked for two years before being promoted to assistant producer.
- Behar not only worked for GMA but also presented comedy programs in various nightclubs in New York City.
- In 1981, she divorced her husband and took custody of her baby daughter.
- She began to feed herself and her daughter with comedy routines.
- In 1983, she lost her job at the GMA, which greatly affected her.
- When she saw a therapist, she was told that “without a straight job, all obstacles disappear.” She followed the advice and immediately entered the show business.
- First, she performed in small clubs in Greenwich Village.
- Very soon she started appearing in prominent clubs like Caroline’s and “Catch a Rising Star” and received good reviews for her performances.
- Her comedy skits at this time were based on both her family and current political and social issues.
- Women’s issues and gender inequalities also found a place in their routines.
- In 1984 she participated in “The New Show”, which ran on NBC shortly.
- Later that year she was back on “Good Morning America”. this time as a guest star.
- In 1987 Behar got her own talk show “Way Off Broadway” on Lifetime Television, but it only ran one season.
- In the same year, she was a presenter at “Life from Queens”.
- At the same time, she continued to appear in comedy clubs. Slowly other opportunities came towards her.