Who is Jon Cryer Wife? What is Jon Cryer Net Worth 2022?
American actor, who is well-known for his role as Alan Harper in the CBS sitcom, Two and a half men. Moreover, he is popular with his acting stints in TV shows like Robot Chicken, Will & Grace, The Trouble with Normal, and so on.
Who are the Parents of Jon Cryer?
Jon Cryer entered this earth on 16th April 1965 as Jonathan Niven Cryer in New York, USA. As of 2022, his age is 54 years old while his birth sign is Aries. He is the son of Donald David Cryer (father) and Gretchen Cryer (mother). His father is a veteran stage, television, and film actor, and singer, and his mother is a playwright, lyricist, and actress.
Jon holds an American nationality and belongs to mixed European ancestry. Similarly, he has two siblings sisters Robin and Shelly. It was quite natural for him to get inclined towards acting due to his parent’s involvement in acting. Jon stands at the height of 5 feet 9 inches with a body weight of 75 kg. He is also active on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Education & Acting Course
He began performing as a child model in his junior high school. He joined and graduated from Bronx High School of Science in 1983. After that, he decided to pursue a career in acting. Jon joined performing arts training at Stagedoor Manor during his summer vacations and went on to join the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London, UK, for a short course.
Who is Jon Cryer’s Ex-Wife?
Previously, Jon was a married man. His ex-wife’s name is Sarah Trigger she is a British actress. The former couple married in 1999. From their relationship, the duo together welcomed a baby boy Charlie Austin. Unfortunately, their relationship did not last long, and divorced in 2004.
In the year 2007, he announced that he would be marrying Lisa Joyner after remaining single for three years. He made announced on the TV show, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. Jon said, he married his partner in Mexico in June 2007. Similarly, the pair also adopted a baby girl Daisy on 29th September 2009 fortifying their relationship.
What is Jon Cryer’s Net Worth?
Jon Cryer has an estimated net worth of around $65 million with his salary per episode of $650 thousand. He has won the Primetime Emmy Awards twice and got nominated for the Screen Guild Awards.
- His first acting credit was in the Broadway play, ‘Torch Song Trilogy.’
- He appeared in his first lead role as ‘Charles Cummings in the romantic comedy movie, ‘No Small Affair,’ at the age of 19.
- After that, she appeared in minor roles in a few movies and television serials.
- After that, Cryer got his big break as ‘Duckie’ in the romantic comedy movie ‘Pretty Pink’ in 1986.
- He became a teenage sensation after the huge success of the film. Similarly, he made his debut on television as a Phil in the science horror fantasy, ‘Amazing Stories,’ that year.
- From 1989 to 1990, he appeared in the lead role in sitcoms, ‘The Famous Teddy Z’ and in ‘Partners, from 1995 to 1996.
- He portrayed the role in a number of movies, including ‘Penn and Teller Get Killed’, ‘Hot Shots’ and ‘Cannes Man’ and received mixed reviews for his performances.
- In 1996, Jon made their debut as a writer in the movie, ‘The Pompatus of Love’.
- Similarly, he acted as well as produced the movie, ‘Went to Coney Island on a Mission from God… Be Back by Five,’ in 1998.
- He cast in a number of TV series but they did not do too well from 1998 to 2003.
- After that, he appeared as ‘Alan Harper’ in the seven-time Emmy-nominated serial, ‘Two and a Half Men,’ which ran from 2003 to 2015.
- For his Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series, he won ‘Primetime Emmy Award.
- The actor Jon continued to act in a number of movies, including a cameo appearance as, ‘Alan Harper,’ from the serial ‘Two and a Half Men’ in the comedy film ‘Due Date,’ written by Philips Alan and directed by Todd Philips, released in 2010.
- After that, we can see him making several guest appearances on television and appeared as himself in the comedy serial, ‘Lady Dynamite,’ in 2016
- In the year 2018, he is part of the cast of the popular serial ‘NCIS,’ and also appeared in the comedy series, ‘Robot Chicken.
FAQs of Jon Cryer
Who is Jon Cryer?
Jon is an American actor and he became popular for his role as Alan Harper in the CBS sitcom, Two and a half men.
When was Jon Cryer born?
Jon Cryer entered this earth on 16th April 1965 as Jonathan Niven Cryer in New York, USA.