John Mellencamp Bio, Age, Net Worth, Spouse, Daughter, Kids, Height
Facts of John Mellencamp
|Full Name:||John Mellencamp|
|Birth Date:||October 7, 1951|
|Height:||5 feet 11 inches (1.80m)|
|Break Up||Christie Brinkley|
|Divorce||Elaine Irwin (m. 1992–2011), Victoria Granucci (m. 1981–1989), Priscilla Esterline (m. 1970–1981)|
|Net Worth||$25 million|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Ethnicity||German, Scottish, English, Scots-Irish Welsh, French, and remote Flemish|
|Kids||Teddi Jo Mellencamp, Hud Mellencamp, Speck Mellencamp, Michelle Mellencamp, Justice Mellencamp|
|John Mellencamp Twitter|
|Youtube||John Mellencamp Youtube|
|John Mellencamp Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of John Mellencamp|
John Mellencamp is a famous musician, singer-songwriter, painter, and actor. He is known for his catchy as well as a populist brand of heartland rock, which emphasizes traditional instrumentation.
Early Life with Four Siblings
John Mellencamp was born on 7th October 1951 in Seymour, the United States as John Cougar Mellencamp. As of 2019, he is 68 years old. John is the son of Richard Mellencamp (father) and Marilyn Lowe( mother). He holds an American nationality and belongs to the German, Scottish, English, Scots-Irish Welsh, French, and remote Flemish ethnic group.
Likewise, he has altogether four siblings named Ted Mellencamp, Joe Mellencamp, Laura Hackman, and Janet Kiel. Talking about his education, he had graduated from Vincennes University in 1974.
Who is John Mellencamp Married to?
Talking about his personal life, he married three times. When John was just 18 years old, he eloped with his pregnant girlfriend named Priscilla Esterline. The couple also has a daughter. But, their marriage ended in 1981.
After that, he re-married Victoria Granucci in 1981. But, this marriage also did not last long and they divorced in 1989. Moreover, the couple also shares two daughters. Altogether John has five children from his three marriages named Teddi Jo Mellencamp, Hud Mellencamp, Speck Mellencamp, Michelle Mellencamp, and Justice Mellencamp.
Then, his third marriage was with Elaine Irwin in 1992. The couple shares two sons together and separated in the year 2011. After these three marriages and divorce, John is now in a relationship with Megan Ryan. They started dating in 2014.
But, in the years 2015 and 2016, they split and John dated Christie Brinkley. As they knew they were made for each other, the couple again reunited and got engaged in 2018.
What is John Mellencamp Net Worth and Salary?
According to the sources, the estimated net worth of John Mellencamp is around $25 million. John made this earning from his career as a singer and a songwriter.
However, looking back to his career, he not only did singing and songwriting but also painting and acting. so, from this, it is obvious that he earned a decent sum of money.
Body Measurement (Height and Weight)
Regarding his body measurements, John stands at a height of 5 feet 8 inches tall. He has dark brown hair with brown eyes. John is a man with an attractive personality and a good physique.
John also has a tattoo on his left arm. There is written ‘Life is short even in its longest days. It is from the lyrics of his song ‘Longest Days’.
- Discussing his career, he started by recording The Kid Inside, the follow-up to Chestnut Street Incident, in 1977.
- After that, he started playing in a cover band called Crepe Sole.
- Then, in 1978, he eventually improved and released his single “I Need a Lover”.
- In 1982, he had a big breakthrough that came with the chart-topping album American Fool.
- Then, the next year (1983), he enjoyed more commercial success with Uh-Huh, which became a Top 10 album on the strength of three hit singles.
- He also acclaimed Scarecrow which featured a mixture of styles, from the uptempo “R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A in 1985.
- He also continued to mature as an artist with his next recording. Then, in 1987, he did his recording named The Lonesome Jubilee which featured some experimentation with a folk rock-type sound.
- Moreover, he also directed and starred in a semi-autobiographical drama about a successful musician returning to his small-town roots.
- He delivered Human Wheels, scoring solid radio play with its title track “What if I Came Knocking.” in 1993.
- Further, he also revealed his talents as a painter to a wider audience in 2012.
- Besides this, he released his first studio album in four years, the folk-and-blues infused Plain Spoken in 2014.
- Along with this, he has won the titles like century award in 2001, Best Male Rock Vocal Performance in 1983, and Favorite Pop/Rock Male Artist in 1983.