How much is Joe Namath Net Worth 2019? Hall of Fame Footballer Career along with his Property Details
Joe Namath is famous as a pro Hall of Fame Footballer but most people do not know about his diverse professional career. He is a professional quarterback cum actor who has gained a huge name and fame.
Joe has a staggering net worth of around $18 million. The former American football quarterback once dominated the National Football League and American Football League as a quarterback during the 60s and 70s.
What is Joe Namath Net Worth?
Joe Namath Net Worth & Salary: Joe Namath has an estimated net worth of around $18 million as of 2019. With a whopping net worth of $18 million, he falls in the league of NFL legends including Roger Staubach, John Madden, John Elway, and in the list of NFL Hall of Famer with the highest net worth. He earned most of his wealth over his 11 years at NFL’s New York Jets.
|Net Worth in 2019||$18 million|
|Net Worth in 2018||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source as a||Football Player|
Besides, Joe has numerous endorsements, including Beautymist pantyhose, Ovaltine, and Nobody Beat the Wiz. Moreover, his earnings from his endorsement deal also add to his net worth. With the massive fortune, Joe is living a happy life in Teequestathe in the southwest of Florida with his family.
In the year 1965, St. Louis Cardinals selected Joe as the 12th overall in the NFL draft, while the Jets peaked him as the first overall choice of the AFL draft. In a meeting with the Cardinals executives, his salary request was $200k and a new Lincoln Continental. Joe was selected to sign with the Jets for a salary of around $427k over three years, which was a pro football record at the time.
Prior to the start of the 1975 season, Chicago Wind of the World Football League made an extensively large overture to Namath. The Winds even designed their uniforms identical to that of the Jets and offered Joe a payment of $600k annually for three years, $100k for the next 17, and a $500k signing bonus. The WFL’s TV provider, TVS TV Network, insisted the Winds on signing Namath to continue broadcasts.
In turn, Joe requested a percentage of the league’s TV revenue. However, the league turned down his request and Joe stayed with the Jets. His net worth would be way higher given he had agreed on the deal with the Winds. Anyways, with a net worth of $18 million, Joe can live his life the way he wants.
His House and Cars
When it comes to spending money on houses and cars, Joe doesn’t hesitate a bit. As of now, he resides in Teequestathe in the southwest of Florida. He lives in his over-the-top expensive mansion, standing on 1.5 acres. His 6,000 sq. ft. mansion consists of four beds, three baths, a boat dock, as well as a swimming pool.
Speaking of cars, he previously owned a B5 blue 1969 Dodge Charger R/T and a Lincoln Continental. Besides a million dollars of fortune, he is defined by his successful career and his several achievements and awards.
Joe Namath’s Career
- Joe Namath chose to go to the University of Alabama where he showed the stuff he was made of in the footballing sense.
- He helped the Alabama Crimson Tide to clinch the national championship in the year 1964.
- After one year, he entered for the NFL and the AFL draft and was selected by the St. Louis Cardinals and the New York Jets respectively.
- He decided to go with the Jets who were ready to pay him a record salary of around $427k at the time.
- In that same year, he was named the AFL Rookie of the Year and in the year 1966 and 1967 he was the AFL passing yards leader.
- In 1968 and 1969, Joe was AFL’s Most Valuable Player. Shortly before the merger of the AFL and NFL, he helped the Jets to clinch Super Bowl III which he also emerged as the MVP.
- He played for the Jets until he joined the Los Angeles Rams in 1977, the same year that he retired.
- In the year 1985, he was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame and was honored by the Ride of Fame in 2012. Also, The New York Jets retired his No 12 jersey.
Movies & TV Shows
Joe also briefly acted in a few movies and television shows. He guest-starred on shows such as Married…With Children, The Flip Wilson Show, Rowan and Martin’s Laugh-In, and The John Larroquette Show. Apart from television, he has also appeared on Broadway shows, which earned him his nickname such as, Damn Yankees, Fiddler on the Roof, The Caine Mutiny Court-Martial, and Lil Abner.
Also, he was a color commentator for NFL games, especially for the 1985 season of Monday Night Football. Three years later, Joe auditioned to host the show, ‘Family Feud’ but the role was given to Ray Combs instead.
Currently, he hosts The Competitive Edge which
is a business show. Joe was invited as a guest speaker at the Pro Football Hall of Fame on 2nd June 2013. Among the movies, he appeared in are Underdogs (2013) and The Wedding Ringer (2015).
Awards and Achievements
Joe Namath received the American Football League Rookie of the Year, in the year 1965. He is the proud recipient of the Hickok Belt, which he earned in the year 1968. In 1969, Joe won the AFL-NFL Super Bowl MVP. He won the NFL Comeback Player of the Year Award, in the year 1974.
Interesting Facts of Joe Namath
- Joe Namath was born as Joseph William Namath on 31st May 1943, in Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania, the United States of America.
- As of 2019, he is 76 years old and his horoscope is Gemini.
- Joe is the son of Janos Namath (father) and Rose (mother).
- He grew up with his four siblings, Rita Sims, John, Robert, and Frank Namath.
- Joe holds an American nationality and belongs to a white ethnical background.
- He went to Beaver Falls High School where he was very good with sports.
- Joe has an estimated net worth of around $18 million as of 2019.
- He was married to Deborah Mays between 1984 and 2000.
- Joe has two daughters Olivia and Jessica.
- He stands ay the height of 6 feet 1 inch and his body weight is around 91 kg.
- Joe is active on various social networking sites like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.