Yo-Yo Ma’s wife Jill Hornor Biography, Net Worth 2022, Husband, Children
Jill Hornor is the wife of a famous Chinese Cellist, Songwriter Yo-Yo-Ma.
What is Jill Hornor Ethnicity?
On October 2, 1953, Jill Hornor was born under the zodiac sign is Libra. As of now, she is 69 years old. She is born in China and holds Chinese nationality. Jill is of mixed ethnicity of Chinese-American. She was always interested in music from early childhood.
From an early age, Jill was interested in music and took up the violin. Then while in Mount Holyoke High School, she becomes a part of the Greater Boston Youth Symphony Orchestra.
Where did Jill Hornor complete her education?
Once she matriculated, Jill enrolled at Cornell University, from which she graduated with a degree in German literature. During her studies, she spent a year in Paris and has lived in several other European cities.
Jill Hornor Relation with Yo-Yo-Ma
JIll Hornor & Yo-Yo-Ma shared husband-wife relations between them. The couple first met briefly during Marlboro Festival in Vermont. Soon after a month of their meeting Jill starting dating Ma.
They both were teenagers during that time. As the university separated them, they stayed in touch by messaging and email. The couple began a romantic relationship, which eventually resulted in marriage. After graduation, Jill and her husband Yo-Yo Ma decided to finally marry each other. Hence, the pair tied the knot in 1997.
The couple shares a son Nicholas Ma and a daughter Emily Ma. Emily married her lover John Mistovich in 2014 however, Nicholas is still unmarried. Currently, Jill lives with her family in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
What is the Net Worth and Salary of Jill Hornor as of 2022?
Jill Hornor has a net worth of around $2 million as of 2022. Being an art consultant in Cambridge, her salary as an art consultant is $15K per hour. Hence, she might also earn a salary in this range. Also, Jill runs a small clothing line which boosts her fortune.
In contrast, her husband, Yo-Yo Ma’s net worth is $25million. One of his instruments, Montagnana cello built-in 1733 values at US $ 2.5 million.
Moreover, the couple owns a house worth $1.9 million in California. The pair have kept any other detail about their properties such as houses and cars well hidden from the media.
Career Journey of Jill Hornor
- Currently, Jill Hornor is an art consultant in Cambridge. However, Hornor came up in limelight after marrying Yo-Yo-Ma.
- Yo-Yo was initially recognized as a child prodigy, whose professional career began when he was only five years old.
- He is the art director of the orchestra Silk Road Ensemble, and he is the one responsible for creating soundtracks for films.
- Similarly, Ma has also released more than 90 albums, which have also increased his net worth, and for which he is a recipient of 18 Grammy Awards, and numerous other prestigious awards, such as the Avery Fisher Prize which he received in 1978, Glenn Gould Prize in 2011, Dan David Prize in 2006, and others.
- He has accumulated this sum of money during his successful career in the world of music.
- Another source is coming from his appearances in several TV series and shows.
- Apart from that, He is also recognized for his friendship with Steve Jobs, and his dedication to Apple, as he performed at several events held by Apple, and also Ma`s video of himself playing some of Bach`s most memorable recordings was used to pay respect to Steve Jobs on the first anniversary of his death.
- Moreover, Ma also won the National Medal of Arts in 2001, and ten years later he received the Presidential Medal of Freedom, plus in 2012 he was the recipient of the Polar Music Prize.