Jeanie Buss Bio, Age, Net Worth 2022, Salary, Husband, Boyfriend, Height
Facts of Jeanie Buss
|Full Name:||Jeanie Buss|
|Birth Date:||September 26, 2961|
|Height:||5 feet 4 inches (1.63m)|
|Husband||Steve Timmons (1990-1993)|
|Break Up||Phil Jackson|
|Divorce||Steve Timmons (1990-1993)|
|Net Worth||$20 million|
|Birth Place||Santa Monica, California|
|Education||University of South California|
|Siblings||Johnny, Jim, Janny|
|Jeanie Buss Twitter|
|Jeanie Buss Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Jeanie Buss|
Jeanie Buss is the controlling owner and president of the Los Angeles Lakers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). She is also famous as the daughter of Jerry Buss, a real estate investor who later owned the Lakers and other sports businesses.
Jeanie Buss’s Early Days
Jeanie was born in 1961, September 26, in Santa Monica, California, United States. As of 2019, her age is 58 years old. She is the third child among the four of her parents’ Jerry Buss and Joann Buss. Jeanie’s parents divorced in the year 1972. Jeanie has two brothers Johnny Buss and Jim Buss.
Sibling and Parent’s Separation
Likewise, she has a sister Janie. She is an American by nationality and belongs to a white ethnic background.
As their parents divorced when she was just nine years old, she felt emotionally depressed at that time. She felt emotionally abandoned in the absence of her mother. After that, when she was 14, she attended World Team Tennis meetings with her father, who owned the Los Angeles Strings. She attended the University of South California, where she majored in business and graduated with honors.
After divorce from Steve Timmons, Jeanie Buss called off her Engagement with Phil Jackson
Buss was initially married to volleyball player Steve Timmons. The duo married after a few years of dating each other but no information about their dating history. she tied her knot in the year 1990. But her marriage could not last long and finally, they ended up divorcing in the year 1993. After their divorce, her ex-husband got married to Debbe Dunning who is an actress.
She also got into a romantic relationship with Phil Jackson. Phil and Buss met for the first time in 1990 when Phil started coaching the lakers. The couple dated for about 12 years and finally got engaged in the year 2012 in December.
Jeanie was again linked with Jay Mohr, an actor/radio host/comedian in the year 2017. Mohr was previously married to Nikki Cox but got a divorce in 2017 alleging his wife a drug addict. She was rumored to have an affair with Mohr.
What is the Net Worth and Salary of Jeanie Buss?
Being the president of the lakers and involved in multiple professions, she earns a good sum of money. Jeanie Buss estimated net worth is $500 million as of 2019. Furthermore, she is also ranked in the eighth position on Forbes’ Most Powerful Women in sports list.
Recently, she listed her home at playa vista on sale for about $2.8 million. She owns very famous brands of cars such as Mercedes Benz, Bentley Continental, and Ford Taurus.
Jeanie Buss’s Height & Weight
Jeanie stands at the height of 5 feet 4 inches and her weight is not given. Though her exact weight is not given, we can assume that she might be around 55 kg. She has got blonde hair with brown eyes color.
Jeanie Buss’s Career
- Buss was appointed as a General Manager for Los Angeles Strings by her father while she was studying at USC.
- After that, she also became the owner of a roller hockey team called Los Angeles Blades.
- Moreover, she worked for four years as the president of the Great Western Forum, and then the home arena of the Lakers.
- In the year 1999, she held the position of executive vice president of business operation for the Lakers.
- In the year 2005, she was listed as the “Top 20 Most Influential Women in Sports”.
- After that in 2011, Forbes regarded her as “one of few powerful women in sports management”.
- 66% controlling ownership of the Lakers was passed to six children via a trust, with each child receiving an equal vote after the death of his father. She became the president of the Lakers in 2013-14.
- Buss terminated Mitch Kupchak who was General Manager and approved the resignation of her brother Jim as VP of Basketball Operations on 21st February 2017.
- On the other hand, she introduced magic johnson as President of the Basketball Operation.
- After that, Johnson appointed sports agent Rob Pelinka as the new general manager.