Spanish actor Javier Bardem became famous for his roles in the blockbuster movies Mondays in the Sun, Everybody Knows, Live Flesh, and Vicky Cristina Barcelona. He got the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for portraying the role of a psychopathic assassin in a modern Western drama named No Country for Old Men. Javier was the first Spanish actor to be nominated for Best Actor in Oscar. His role in Jamon Jamon became a success and he got popular in the film industry.
Early Life of Javier Bardem
Javier Bardem’s full name is Javier Ángel Encinas Bardem. Javier was born on March 1, 1969, in the Municipality of Las Palmas, Spain. He is 54 eras old as of 2023. Javier’s sun sign is Pisces and he celebrates his birthday on the 1st of Marc every year. He was born to Carlos Encinas (father) and Pilar Bardem (mother). His mother was an actress.
His parents separated due to his father’s capricious and violent behavior. Javier has one sister and one brother. His sister’s name is Mónica Bardem and his brother’s name is Carlos Bardem. Both of his siblings are Spanish actors. Javier also had another sibling who died shortly after birth. His mother was the one who raised him and his siblings.
Barden’s paternal grandparents are José Encinas and Flora Doussinague Brunet. His maternal grandparents’ names are Rafael Bardem Solé and Matilde Muñoz Sampedro. Javier’s uncle’s name is Juan Antonio Bardem. His uncle Juan is a Spanish film director.
Javier is the cousin of Miguel Bardem. Miguel is a filmmaker. Javier holds Spanish citizenship and belongs to a mixed (Spanish, Irish, and English) ethnic background. He has faith in Roman Catholicism. Bardem studied painting at Madrid’s Escuela de Artes y Oficios.
Married Life of Javier Bardem and Penélope Cruz
Javier is in a marital relationship with a Spanish actress, Penélope Cruz. The duo met at the set of the Spanish comedy-drama Jamón Jamón in 1992. Penelope was just 16 years old at that time They again while filming Woody Allen’s Vicky Cristina Barcelona in the Summer of 2017. In Late 2007 their romantic relationship began to spread.
They made their relationship public after appearing at the 2010 Goya Awards as a couple. Javier and Penelope tied the wedding knot in July 2010 in The Bahamas at a secret ceremony.
Past Relationship of Javier Bardem
Javier was previously dating Christina Pales. Christina is a translator. The duo met at the set of the movie Ham, Ham. They began dating in 1991. She helped Javier to speak English fluently. The duo was in a loving relationship for 10 years and separated in 2005.
Javier Bardem, Father of Two
Javier and Penelope became the parents of two children. They welcomed a son named Leo Encinas Cruz, on 23 January 2011. Their second daughter Luna Encinas Cruz was born on 22 July 2013.
Javier Bardem’s Net Worth
Javier has an estimated net worth of around $30 million as of 2023. He earned that hefty sum from his career as a Spanish actor. An average salary of a Spanish actor is around 51.054 €.
Javier gets 1.2 million dollars per movie. He owns a house in Los Angeles, California which is 1,020 square meters.
Acting Career of Javier Bardem
- Javier is a Spanish actor by profession.
- At the age of 20, Javier became part of a film titled The Ages of Lulu.
- Javier got the chance to play a role in the film Jamon Jamon.
- He was noticed by Hollywood and English-language filmmakers and Javier got the opportunity to act in English-language films.
- Javier’s first English movie was Perdita Durango which was released in 1997.
- In the year 2007, he got the opportunity to play in movies like No Country for Old Men and Love in the Time of Cholera.
- He starred alongside Penelope Cruz n Woody Allen’s Vicky Cristina Barcelona movie.
- He played the main villain role in the movie Bond film Skyfall.
- Javier portrayed the antagonist role in the movie Pirates of the Caribbean.
Movies & TV Shows
Some of Javier’s popular movies are The Counselor, Autómata, The Gunman, The Last Face, Pirates of the Caribbean, Mother, Todos lo Saben, Dune, Biutiful, Vicky Cristina Barcelona, and No Country for Old Me. He has made an appearance in several tv shows like Cortes, Home Movie: The Princess Bride, Segunda enseñanza, El día por delante, and others.
Awards and Acheivments
- Javier won the Academy Award in 2008 for Best Supporting Actor.
- He received BAFTA Award and Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in the film No Country for Old Men.
- He also won the best actor award at Cannes Film Festival in 2010.
- Some of the other awards he has received are Independent Spirit Award for Best Male Lead, The Satellite Award for Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture, Platino Award for Best Actor, etc.
FAQs of Javier Bardem
What happened to Javier Bardem’s parents?
Javier’s father Jose took his last breath in this world in 1995. He died of Leukemia. On the other hand, his mother Pilar die on July 17, 2021, at 81 years old at Hospital Ruber Internacional. She took her last breath after having complications from lung disease.
How tall is Javier Bardem?
Javier stands at the height of 5 feet 12 inches and his body weight is 84 kg. His total body measurement is 45-34-15 inches. He has an attractive pair of brown eyes and short brown hair.
Which actor looks like Javier Bardem?
Javier and Jeffrey Dean Morgan look alike. They have the same facial feature. Javier is a Spanish actor and Jeffrey is an American actor.
Is Javier Bardem in Grey’s Anatomy?
Javier is in Grey’s Anatomy. He portrayed Denny Duquette a heart patient at the hospital in the show Grey’s Anatomy.
Is Javier Bardem fluent in English?
Yes, Javier is fluent in English. He had to turn down the offers as his English was not good. Now he has become fluent in English and can speak English.