Michael Jordan’s Father James R Jordan Sr, What is the Cause of Death?
Facts of James R Jordan
|Full Name:||James R Jordan|
|Birth Date:||July 31, 1936|
|Death Date:||July 23, 1993|
|Height:||5 feet 7 inches (1.70m)|
|Birth Place||North Carolina|
|Education||Charity High school|
|Mother||Rosa Bell Jordan|
|Siblings||Mary Alice Jordan|
|Kids||Michael Jordan, James Jordan Jr., Larry Jordan, Roslyn Jordan, Deloris Jordan|
|View more / View less Facts of James R Jordan|
James R. Jordan, Sr. is the father of the famous basketball player Michael Jordan.
Early Life of James R Jordan Sr
James R Jordan Sr was born on July 31, 1936, in Wallace, North Carolina, the United States. James held American nationality and was of a black ethnic group. He was the son of William Edward Jordan and Rosa Bell Jordan. Further, he also had a sister named Mary Alice Jordan.
Talking about his education, he graduated from Charity High School. Like his son Michael, he was also interested in basketball since his childhood. James used to celebrate his birthday on July 31.
What is the Death Cause of James Jordan Sr?
On July 23, 1993, at the age of 56, James took his last breath. James was shot by the boys named Green and Demery and then stole his vehicle. James’s body was found only on August 3. As the body was decomposed, it was very difficult to identify his body and on August 13, the body was identified through dental records.
The murders said that they found that it was Michael Jordan’s father when they went through his belongings in the car. They also took other items from the car, including two NBA championship rings given to Jordan Sr. by his son. The murderers made several calls from Jordan Sr.’s cell phone and as a result, were immediately captured.
Though they said that they just wanted to steal that vehicle and were not really planning to kill him, the crime they committed gave them life imprisonment.
Later on, the case took another turn when it was found that the laboratory technicians mishandled or omitted evidence. However, Jordan’s case was later removed from the list.
Who is James R. Jordan, Sr Wife?
Talking about his personal life, James R Jordan Sr was married to Deloris People. It was in 1956, he met Deloris after his basketball game in Carolina. Deloris was just 15 years old back then. But as he was going to Air Force at that time, he told her that he would come back and marry her.
Deloris also went to Tuskegee Institute in Alabama but due to homesickness, she returned back very soon, And soon after returning the couple got married. Further, the couple shared five children together named Larry Jordan, James Jordan Jr., Roslyn Joran, Michael Jordan, and Deloris Jordan.
What is James R. Jordan, Sr.’s Net Worth and Salary?
Discussing his son, Michael Jordan has an amazing net worth of around $1.9 billion. Michael collected this huge net worth from his career in basketball. He is one of the highest-paid athletes of all time. So far from his NBA career, he has made less than $100 million.
Along with this, according to 2015, he makes around $100 million as royalties from Nike whereas it collects around $3 billion as revenue per year. Moreover, he also owns Charlotte Hornets which he bought for $175 million but now the value of his club is around $1 billion
- Initially, Jordan joined the Air Force. But after a short time, he left the job and started working for General Electric as a forklift operator.
- While working there, he eventually made his way up to the supervisor.
- But then, he moved again to New York in order to get mechanic’s training on the GI bill.
- There James studied hydraulics and his wife found a job at a local bank.
- Then as drug culture and the gang as increasing in Brooklyn, as it was not safe for them to reside in Brooklyn.
- So staying just for 18 months in New York, till he finishes his training, he moved back to Carolina.
- Though he was not that active in sports like Michael, he was highly interested in it.
- It was James who inspired Michael to take initiation in sports.
- As James liked baseball, he taught Michael to play baseball.
- But then he became so interested in basketball that he followed the way guided by his father and now he is the most highly paid athlete of all time.
- Though James is not in the world, his sons followed the way he showed.