James Charles Wiki, Age, Net Worth 2022, Salary, Boyfriend, Gay, Height
James Charles is a popular American Internet personality, model as well as a make-up artist who became the first male ambassador for CoverGirl.
Early Life of James Charles
James Charles was born James Charles Dickinson on May 23, 1999, in Albany County, New York, USA. Currently, he is 20 years old and his sun sign is Gemini. The name of his mother is Christine Dickinson. He has a brother named Ian Charles. James holds American citizenship and his ethnicity is White.
Is James Charles Gay? Does he have a Boyfriend?
James is openly gay and his parents support him and motivate him to be better. As of now, he is single and focusing on his career. However, he is very close to Grayson according to his recent YouTube videos and there are some reaction videos if they are developing emotions toward each other.
Nevertheless, the relationship has not been confirmed yet. Besides this, he became involved in controversy after he tweeted an offensive joe about Africa and Ebola in February 2017 but he later apologized via a statement.
In March 2017, YouTube makeup artist Thomas Halbert posted screenshots of previous conversations with Charles. He admitted his story regarding his rise in notability was falsified and he originally claimed he had his high school prom photographs retaken with a ring light and it is revealed that he had actually edited the photographs.
Tati Westbrook uploaded a video titled ‘BYE SISTER…’ and accused Charles of ‘manipulating people’s sexuality, and ‘using…fame, power, and money to play with people’s emotions. Charles’ subscribers dropped by over one million in less than 24 hours. Later, he uploaded a response video and apologized to his fans and both her and her husband.
How much is James Charles’s Net Worth and Salary?
Currently, he has an estimated net worth of around $12 million as of 2022 and he has earned that sum of money from his professional career. Also, he gets around $5 million (yearly) as a salary.
Graduation and Body Size
He graduated from Bethlehem Central High School in 2017. During his graduation, he wore CoverGirl’s slogan “Easy, Breezy, Beautiful”. James has a height of 5 feet 9 inches and weighs 63 kg. In addition, he has brown eyes and black hair.
- Actually, James launched his YouTube channel on December 1, 2015, and uploaded videos focusing on makeup.
- On May 11, 2019, he became the first-ever YouTube personality to lose 1 million subscribers in 24 hours and he has lost 3 million subscribers as of May 14, 2019, because of the public controversy with Internet personality Tati Westbrook.
- He became the first male spokesmodel for CoverGirl on October 11, 2016, working alongside brand ambassador Katy Perry. Later in January 2019, he was invited to Bringham, England, to open the company’s second UK store.
- He did the makeup for Iggy Azalea’s music video shoot for ‘Sally Walker’ in March 2019 and also he made a cameo appearance in the video.
- He won the award for the best channel in the Beauty category at the 8th Streamy Awards.
- As he is still working and continuing his profession, he will receive more and more achievements.