Jake Muzzin Bio, Age, Net Worth 2022, Salary, Wife, Children, Height
Jacob Muzzin is a Canadian professional Ice-hockey player who plays in the National Hockey League (NHL). As of 2019, Jacob Muzzin currently plays for the team Toronto Maple Leafs as their Defence.
Where was Jake Muzzin born?
Jake was born on February 21, 1989, in Woodstock, Ontario, Canada. Currently, he is 30 years old with a birth sign Pisces. His father’s name is Ed Muzzin. As per his nationality, Jake is Canadian and belongs to the White ethnic group.
Exploring his personal life, Jake is a married man. Currently, he is in a marital relationship with his wife Courtney Fischer. the duo has not revealed any information on how they met and their dating history. They were engaged in December 2015 and eventually married in Woodstock, Ontario on August 5, 2016.
How much Net Worth and Salary does Jake Muzzin have?
As of 2019, Jacob has an estimated net worth of over $10 million. Further, the NHL player has an average salary of $4,000,000 annually. He reportedly signed a 5 year / $20,000,000 guarantee with Toronto Maple Leafs in 2019.
Jacob so far has made earnings of $18,708,049 from his entire NHL career. His career contract and earnings include bonuses and incentives also. Muzzin will earn a base salary of $4,450,000 in 2018–19 while carrying a $4,000,000 cap hit.
Jake Muzzin’s Height & Weight
Talking about his body measurement, the Famous NHL star is 6 feet inches tall (191 cm) in height and his body weight is around 97 kg. The color of his hair is blonde and his eye color is hazel.
Jake Muzzin’s Career
- Jake Muzzin played his early minor hockey in the Woodstock Minor Hockey Association before moving on to play AAA in Brantford, Ontario.
- He had participated in soccer and hockey but at the age of 13, he specialized in hockey.
- He didn’t play with the Greyhounds until late in 2006 after he underwent herniated disc surgery at 16 years old.
- Despite having played only 37 regular-season games and 13 playoff games, he was drafted 141st overall in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft by the Pittsburgh Penguins.
- He signed a contract as a free agent to a three-year, entry-level contract with the Los Angeles Kings on January 4, 2010.
- Following the Kings’ training camp and pre-season games, Muzzin made the Kings’ opening night roster for the 2010–11 season.
- On November 3, 2010, however, he was assigned to the Kings’ American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, the Manchester Monarchs.
- In exchange for Carl Grundstrom, the rights to Sean Durzi, and Toronto’s first-round pick in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft, Muzzin was traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs.
- Currently, he is playing along with his star team-mate Nazem Kadri, John Tavares, and many more.
- He has represented Team Canada at the 2015 World Championships and 2016 World Cup of Hockey, winning gold in both.
- Similarly, he was awarded in 2010 with various awards including First All-Star Team, Max Kaminsky Trophy, and CHL First All-Star Team.
- In 2013, he was represented as Rookie of the Month. However, in 2014, HE got an award for Stanley Cup Champion.
- He was the 11th overall pick in the 2005 OHL Draft, selected by the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds.
- He spent four years with the Greyhounds and had a standout 2009-10 campaign, tallying 52 assists in 64 games.