Jaggi Vasudev Bio, Wiki, Age, Net Worth 2022, Wife, Daughter, Height
Facts of Jaggi Vasudev
|Full Name:||Jaggi Vasudev|
|Birth Date:||September 3, 1957|
|Height:||5 feet 8 inches (1.73m)|
|Net Worth||$16 million|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Education||University of Mysore|
|Jaggi Vasudev Facebook|
|Jaggi Vasudev Twitter|
|Jaggi Vasudev Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Jaggi Vasudev|
Jaggi Vasudev is an Indian yogi. In addition, he is also a best-selling author in The New York Times. He is the founder of the Isha Foundation, a nonprofit organization that offers yoga programs worldwide.
What is Jaggi Vasudev Nationality?
Jaggi Vasudev was born on September 3, 1957, in Mysore, India. As of 2019, he is 62 years old with a birth sign Virgo. Jaggi is the son of Susheela (mother) and Dr. Vasudev (father). He was also born the youngest of four children. His family moved frequently, as his father was an ophthalmologist at Indian Railways.
He has Indian nationality and belongs to an Indian ethnic background. He attended the demonstration school in Mysore. He also completed a bachelor’s degree in English literature at the University of Mysore.
Did Jaggi Vasudev Marry Again After Death of his Wife?
Jaggi was once a married man. Vasudev was previously married to Vijaykumari in 1984. Furthermore, there is no information about their dating history or actual date of marriage. The couple shared a daughter from their relationship, Radhe Jaggi.
Unfortunately, his wife Vijaykumari died on January 23rd, 1997. After that Jaggi is living single and didn’t think to marry again. Radhe is a Bharatnatyam dancer. She married Sandeep Narayan, a singer from Chennai, on September 3, 2014.
What is Jaggi Vasudev’s Net Worth?
Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev who has served humankind with his inspirational works has received a tremendous fortune in his life. His organization, the Isha Foundation, achieved net sales of more than $2.5 million. Therefore, Jaggi’s total assets are around $16 million which is earned from his foundation.
Vasudev’s Height and Weight
Talking about his body measurement, Jaggi stands at the height of 5 feet 8 inches and weighs 70 kg. Likewise, he has black hair color and gray eyes color.
Vasudev became part of a controversy after the Isha Foundation was accused of illegally seizing land and forests. He also became part of another controversy after two parents petitioned for help, claiming that their children had been “abducted” and housed on the premises of the Isha Yoga Center.
In addition, the GreenHands project initiated by Vasudev was criticized for environmental violations. There are no rumors about his personal life.
Vasudev’s Career and Books
- Vasudev rode up Chamundi Hill and sat on a rock at the age of 25 on September 23, 1982
- There he had a spiritual experience. Right after, he left his business to his friend and traveled extensively.
- Afterward, he decided to teach yoga to share his inner experience. He also performed his first yoga class in 1983.
- Soon he began yoga classes in Karnataka and Hyderabad.
- Vasudev founded a nonprofit and non-religious organization called the Isha Foundation in 1992.
- In 1993, he also founded the Isha Yoga Center near Coimbatore.
- Moreover, Vasudev is also a successful author. Jaggi’s writings include “Inner Engineering: A Yogis Handbook of Joy,” “Adiyogi: The Source of Yoga,” “Three Truths of Wellbeing,” and “Pebbles of Wisdom.” The Isha Vidhya under the Isha Foundation aims to increase education and improve literacy in rural India.
- He is also the founder of Project GreenHands. It is an initiative that aims to increase green coverage in Tamil Nadu.
- Vasudev was awarded the Padma Vibhushan Award on April 13, 2017.
- In addition, his Project Project Greenlands 2010 received the Indira Gandhi Paryavarana Puraskar.