Who is Howie Mandel Wife? What is His Age and Net Worth 2023? Daughters & Movies
- 1 Early Life of Howie Mandel
- 2 Howie Mandel’s Wife; Shares Two Children
- 3 Howie Mandel’s Net Worth
- 4 His Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder & Health Issues
- 5 Howie Mandel Jokes About Sofía Vergara Divorce on ‘AGT’
- 6 His Battle With Mental Health
- 7 Howie Mandel and Andy Cohen’s Feud Explained
- 8 Professional Career of Howie Mandel
- 9 Movies & TV Shows
- 10 Books
- 11 FAQs of Howie Mandel
An American actor, Howie Mandel received the limelight for his appearance as Dr. Wayne Fiscus in the TV show, St. Elsewhere. He appeared as Gizmo in the movie, Gremlins and its sequel, Gremlins 2: The New Batch. He got the opportunity to share the big screen with Amy Steel in the movie, Walk Like a Man in 1987.
Howie has worked as the judge of America’s Got Talent and Canada’s Got Talent. He also appeared as the host of the show, Bullsh*t the Game Show.
Early Life of Howie Mandel
Howie Mandel was born Howard Michael Mandel on November 29, 1955, in Willowdale, Toronto, Canada. Currently, he is 67 years old and his sun sign is Sagittarius. His parents are Al Mendel (father) and Evy Mandel (mother). His father worked as a lighting manufacturer and a real estate agent. He has siblings named Steven Mandel.
His paternal grandparents are Shmiel Meyer Mandel and Eva Chava Sara Goldhar while Miller was his paternal grandparents Surname. His cousin, Itzhak Perlman is a professional violinist. He holds citizenship in Canada and he is of Ashkenazi Jewish ethnicity. Mandel follows Judaism.
He joined Georges Vanier Secondary School and Harbord Collegiate Institute. Mandel attended Newtonbrook Secondary School. He used to make annoying jokes about people which made him expelled from three schools. He was expelled for impersonating the school board and altered his grade from William Lyon Mackenzie Collegiate Institute.
His wife is Terry Mandel. They were only 12 years old when they met each other. They dated each other in their high school. He married his high school sweetheart when he was 25 years old on March 16, 1980.
They welcomed two daughters and a son. Their children’s names are Alex Mandel, Jackie Mandel, and Riley Mandel. Their son, Alex is an actor and director born on September 30, 1989, while their daughter, Jackie works as a teacher born on December 14, 1984. They welcomed their third child, Riley in 1992.
Howie Mandel’s Net Worth
Howie earned a net worth of $60 million as of 2023 through his professional career. His salary is $70 Thousand Per Episode from America’s Got Talent. He is endorsed by Boston Pizza, Buy.com, Xfinity, Stop Bullying: Speak Up, Just For Laughs Comedy Festival, Child Mind Institute, and Optometry’s Meeting.
He bought a ranch-style home in the Hidden Hills community in L.A. in 2018. It has four bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms and he paid $2.6 million. He drives a Range Rover car.
His Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder & Health Issues
He is suffering from Obsessive-compulsive disorder. Due to this, he doesn’t shake hands with people unless he wears latex gloves. Mandel shaved his hair out of OCD, not because of hair failure. He built a separate house to stay in if his family member got sick. He even ran from the audition venue when one of America’s Got Talent’s contestants sneezed and even pressed his X button.
Mandel talked about his attention deficit hyperactivity disorder on the talk show, Live with Regis and Kelly in October 2008. He suffered from a minor heart attack. Mandel was hospitalized at St. Michael’s Hospital for chest pains on January 12, 2009. He freely talks about his health issues like OCD and ADHD. He is also dealing with high cholesterol and atrial fibrillation.
Howie Mandel Jokes About Sofía Vergara Divorce on ‘AGT’
He joked about his c0-judge, Sofía Vergara‘s divorce on the set of America Got Talent. Howie also said that she is single and ready to mingle followed by complementing her beautiful features and looks. He talked about Sofia’s divorce after the session of Heidi’s discussion.
His Battle With Mental Health
He is suffering from a mental health problem. Due to this, he is a victim of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). He knew about his OCD on the set of The Howard Stern Show when he didn’t want to touch the doorknob to open it. Due to this, he almost had a panic attack. Later, he went to a mental health checkup. He is coping with his OCD by shaking hands with people wearing latex gloves followed by doing fist bumps instead.
Howie Mandel and Andy Cohen’s Feud Explained
Howie and Andy had a feud when Howie invited Tom Sandoval to his podcast channel. They talked about Tom’s breakup with Ariana Madix due to his alleged affair with Raquel Levis. After that, Andy commented saying, Howie didn’t do enough homework referring to his podcast and shared it in his show, Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen.
Howie replied saying he knows Tom very well and so he doesn’t need homework and doesn’t regret anything about his interview.
Professional Career of Howie Mandel
- Howie worked as a carpet salesman and started doing stand-up comedy at Yuk Yuk in September 1978.
- He also worked as a regular performer at The Comedy Store.
- He appeared as a cameo in the short movie, The Iceman Hummeth in 1985.
- Howie shared the big screen with Ted Danson in the movie, A Fine Mess in 1986.
- He lent his voice to characters like Bunsen Honeydew, Animal, and Skeeter for the show, Muppet Babies.
- He played the role of Maurice in the movie, Little Monsters in 1989.
- Howie appeared as the creator and executive producer of the show, Bobby’s World.
- He hosted game shows like Donny Osmond for Pyramid and Anne Robinson for The Weakest Link.
- He hosted America’s Got Talent by replacing David Hasselhoff in January 2010.
- Mandel is associated with a charity titled, Breakout the Masks.
- He is also involved with a foundation like Breakout the Masks, Bell’s Let’s Talk Day, and many more.
Movies & TV Shows
He played in movies like Little Monsters, Gremlins, Walk Like a Man, Hansel & Gretel, Gremlins 2: The New Batch, A Fine Mess, and Apocalypse III: Tribulation. He appeared in TV shows like America’s Got Talent, The Howie Mandel Show, St. Elsewhere, Howie Do It, America’s Got Talent: The Champions, Good Grief, Canada’s Got Talent, Bless This House, and many more.
He released books like Here’s the Deal: Don’t Touch Me, HBO Comedy Live! The Young Comedians All-Star Review with Robin Williams and Friends, and Howie Mandel: Presents Howie Mandel at the Howie Mandel Comedy Club.
Honors & Awards
- He received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on September 4, 2008.
- Mandel got the position of No. 82 on Comedy Central’s list of the 100 greatest stand-up comedians of all time.
- He received the title of Canada’s Walk of Fame in Toronto on September 12, 2009.
- In 2019, he won the Kids’ Choice Award for Favorite TV Judges for America’s Got Talent.
- He received the nomination for the Daytime Emmy Awards in teh criteria of Outstanding Animated Program hosted for Bobby’s World in 1991.
FAQs of Howie Mandel
What is Howie Mandel’s Height?
Howie has a perfect height of 5 feet 9 inches along with a body weight of 69kg. His body measurement includes 38-30-12 inches. He is bald and his eye color is dark brown.
Did Howie Mandel faint?
Yes, Howie fainted. When he was at a Los Angeles Starbucks, he fainted and was immediately rushed to hospital.
Does Howie Mandel have a Podcast?
Yes, Howie has a podcast. His podcast title is Howie Mandel Does Stuff Podcast. He hosts this podcast with his daughter, Jackelyn.
Why does Howie Mandel wear blue glasses?
Howie wears blue glasses because he is colorblind. He wears a signature frame named Riley from the SEE x Howie Mandel Collection.
Is Howie Mandel a Colorblind?
Yes, Howie is a colorblind. He also has a germophobia.
Does Howie Mandel have tattoos?
Yes, Howie has tattoos. He pierced one of his three tattoos in the 90s.
Did Howie Mandel have teeth surgery?
Yes, Howie had a teeth surgery. He made his crown redone and ripped out half of his front tooth with bone.