Howie Long Wiki, Age, Net Worth 2022, Salary, Wife, Son, Height
Facts of Howie Long
|Full Name:||Howie Long|
|Birth Date:||January 6, 1960|
|Profession:||Former Football player, Actor|
|Height:||6 feet 6 inches (1.98m)|
|Net Worth||$16 million|
|Birth Place||Somerville, Massachusetts|
|Kids||Kyle Long, Chris Long, and Howard Jr Long|
|Howie Long Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Howie Long|
Howie Long is a reputed actor, sports analyst, and former National Football League’s defensive end. He is best known for being an 8-time Pro Bowler and a one-time Defensive Player of the Year.
Who are Howie Long’s Parents?
Howie Long was born on January 6, 1960, in Somerville, Massachusetts, the United States. Currently, Long is 59 years old. He is the son of a father, Howard Long, and a mother, Margaret. His parents separated when he was very young and started living with his uncle and grandmother. Howie holds an American nationality and belongs to a white ethnic background.
What University Did Howie Long attend?
He joined Milford High School where he started playing football. Besides football, he had also played basketball as a forward for more than three years. Later on, he enrolled at Villanova University.
Howie stands at a height of 6 feet 6 inches and weighs around 143 kg. Likewise, he has got grey eyes and brown hair. Discussing his social media presence, he is just active on Instagram.
Who is Howie Long Wife? Does Howie Long have Kids?
Howie Long is married to a beautiful wife, Diane Addonizio. The couple tied the knot on June 27, 1982. According to the sources, the pair first met each other at Villanova University while they both were students majoring in Classical-Studies. Moreover, Long’s wife Diane is a graduate of the USC School of Law and is a non-practicing lawyer.
This beautiful couple is blessed with three children, Kyle Long, Chris Long, and Howard Jr Long. Like their father, all of their sons are also involved in sports. Howie’s son, Chris Long plays a defensive end for Philadelphia Eagles whereas Kyle Long is the guard for the Chicago Bears.
His son Chris is married and also has a son. Likewise, their third son, Howard Long Jr. is involved in football operations with the Oakland Raiders.
How much does Howie Long make a year? Net Worth
As of 2019, the estimated net worth of Howie Long is around $16 million. Along with his net worth, the estimated salary of Howie is $4 million annually. He has also done the advertisements of famous brands such as Nike, Coca-Cola, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut and so on which of course pays him a decent sum of money. Not only this, but he also owns $6 million worth of the house which is situated in Virginia.
Career Besides Football and Movies
As he has always been a prominent player, Howie Long was the recipient of the Sports Emmy Award in 1997 as “Outstanding Sports Personality of the Year”. Moreover, he also authored Football for Dummies, a book that helps rookies in the world of football.
As for now, Howie Long hosts his own show annually on Fox – Howie Long’s Tough Guys, a show where he honors the strongest and toughest NFL players. The winner gets a Chevrolet truck in his show. Besides football and acting, he has also appeared in various advertisements which include Pizza Hut, Frito Lay, Pepsi, Coca-Cola, Honda Nabisco, and so on.
Howie Long’s Career
- After leaving college in 1980, Howie was soon selected in the second round of the 1981 draft by the Oakland Raiders.
- He had to play for 13 seasons, wearing the iconic number 75. In those seasons, his “rip” signature defensive move always received a thumbs up each time it breaks an opposing player’s blocker’s grip.
- Besides all, the man was an integral part of the team and made it to the super bowl XVIII in 1984.
- Then, in 2000, he was honored for his contributions and inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
- Finally, after a truly successful professional football career, Howie Long retired after the 1993 NFL season.
- Then, after retirement, he began featuring predominantly action movies.
- He starred in films such as Firestorm, 3000 Miles to Graceland, In That You Do! and Broken Arrow alongside John Travolta.
- Moving forward, in Broken Arrow, he had a popular sound effect attributed to him during his death scene which was soon termed the “Howie Scream”.
- Along with his acting career, he has pursued a broadcasting career and is presently an analyst for Fox Sports’ NFL coverage.